South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 03:40 PM   #1  
Michael Ann 1973

Post Dr. Agaston (USA Today)

I wasn't sure if this was on here somewhere, so I thought I would post it. It has some interesting things and even addresses the SB Kraft foods.

http://cgi1.usatoday.com/mchat/20050404001/tscript.htm
Old 04-05-2005, 05:02 PM   #2  

Default Sunny quick question

Hi sunny - I am a similar weight than you - I was wondering how you lost your weight thus far?
Thanks!! Have a great week!
Old 04-05-2005, 05:04 PM   #3  

Default Thanks for posting that!

That was very informative!
Old 04-05-2005, 05:04 PM   #4  

Thanks for posting that Sunnybunny! What I appreciate when reading Dr A, or hearing him speak, is his return to the reasons behind the choices. He doesn't say 'you can't have that' or 'that is not on the diet', he just returns to the tenets over and over. It becomes so clear and you begin to see the flexibility in the program (for instance not HAVING to stay on Phase I for the full 2 weeks if your cravings have disappeared sooner).

I hadn't encountered the concept of pear shaped people losing weight more slowly than apple shaped people. I guess it's time to reread the book.

Thanks again!
Old 04-05-2005, 06:09 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, he didn't come right out and say that the other "diet bars" were Frankenfoods but he and I are on the same wavelength.
Thanks for posting the interview. We may move it into FAQ in a week or so.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:24 AM   #6  
Michael Ann 1973

Hi Molly,

I really have just made sure to stick right with the program. I haven't deviated at all, with the exception of when I had the flu and I had chicken noodle soup and gatorade because I was having trouble with keeping my electrolytes in check.

I had a small gain this week, but I really think a lot of factors weighed in on that. I didn't get my water in and I really didn't eat enough veggies. I also was trying to incorporate more good starches back in, but a little to quickly I think.

I think you have to get to know your body. To be honest, my real test is bowel regularity. I had my gall bladder out when I was 23 and I have never been regular. When I started SBD I returned to regularity. I love this aspect!

Kinda gross, but I really do know my body so much better now. I can feel when I am not doing the right things.

Hope this helps...How long have you been on SBD?
Old 04-06-2005, 01:08 PM   #7  
beachbum

Thanks Sunny for the question & answer article. I love all information about DR A and the south beach diet. The more I know the best the results. Hugs BB
Old 04-06-2005, 01:29 PM   #8  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Thanks for passing that information on Sunny. Very informative and I agree Ruth it should probably be in FAQ section for future newbies.
I too did not realize that you only had to stay on Phase I until the cravings disappear as I thought that applied more to restarts and not newbies.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:33 PM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I think the cravings usually disappear within 3-5 days for most people, but it can take longer. I guess personally I would do the whole 2 weeks...if for nothing else than the weight loss...it can be so motivating!

Thank you so much for posting this article!!! It was immensely helpful...I loved to hear his reasons for the prepackaged food, and his take on exercise.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:59 PM   #10  

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2005, 08:06 AM   #11  

Height: 5'-2"

Thank you, Sunnybunny!
Closed Thread