Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 04:00 AM   #1  
Registered Mother

Arrow I thought I'd posted

I thought I'd posted here a few days ago and came back to check if there were any responses. Lo and behold, I must have messed something up.

I did a local WW-type program a number of years ago and lost 13 kilos. I hadn't finished when I became pregnant again and now I've got well over 20 kilos to lose. Anyone have advice on making food for myself while taking care of my four children (aged 1 yr. 8 mos. through 8 years old)?

We live in Israel, so there isn't a whole lot of pre-packaged, ready-to-eat available.

I need away to stop munching junk in the late afternoon-evening, too.
Great site, by the way!
Old 03-31-2005, 11:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/139/140

Hi, and I will say welcome. I was thinking that maybe you are lucky there isn't much pre-packaged, ready-to-eat available there. I'm a lifetime member from the early 80's and need to get the extra 10lbs off I've gained back. We all have our tempting times and mine is here at work. I get stressed and want to eat everything in sight. So, I pull out the picture of me with a particular pair of slacks on that I can't fit into now. At least it makes me stop and think whether it's worth the snack. If I'm at home, I usually just pad myself in and make myself jump on my mini trampoline if even for 5 minutes. Well, most of us here know what you're going through and are here to support you. I have found that with cooking for two teenage boys and a husband with a hearty appetite, that I don't have much time to fix something separate for me, so I just make sure I put a salad plate at the table for me. Makes me more aware of how much I was eating on a dinner plate. I also try to be very aware of how fast I'm eating. I know with little ones, you're lucky enough to be able to eat anything. I hope you have found my response to be of some help....
Old 04-03-2005, 03:43 PM   #3  
The sweetest thing !

Hi, I am a new mommy too. Of two beautiful angels ages 23 month and 3 months old, so needless to say I am very busy. This is my 3rd time on the WW program this time I decided to do it on my own at home, and this time I am playing for keeps. My advice to you is when the children have gone down for the night, plan your next day's menu. I found this helped me so much, because when you in the middle of a crazy day, and start to feel hungry (I am an emotional eater) and stressed you put anything in your mouth and it's harder to count points this way.
Hope this helps
Old 04-04-2005, 04:06 AM   #4  
Registered Mother

Thanks! I've found that shaping up my house gets me picking less at food. I was gardening, but now we have another winter streak running through, so I can't be outside much, in the mud.

I appreciate the encouragement. I hope to go weight myself tomorrow morning.
Closed Thread