PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 03-30-2005, 08:06 PM   #1  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Talking PCOS Chat...March 2005

Just checking in, I don't know where everyone has gone Come back everyone!! Do you all chat in other places too? I have a nice new mini goal set up for the Fourth of July, and that is to lose 40 pounds...yay!!
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:57 PM   #2  

Yeah, where is everyone? I was reading all the old PCOS threads, as I was just recently diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance. I am having a hard time coping with this especially since I am an expat living in China, and the food options are pretty tough here since most every food available here is off limits for me. I have lots of questions and I really want to hear from others with this condition too. The doctor tells me its going to be tough to loose the weight, and I feel pretty hopeless at this point...
homesick_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 07:48 AM   #3  
working off those pounds

Why has the doctor said that it will be tough to lose weight? As far as I know, having PCOS just means it's more important to exercise regularly. It's very treatable. I'm losing weight right now, (lost about 15 pounds) and hopefully when I reach my goal I'll be rid of PCOS. *fingers crossed*

The things is, I find that the tough thing with PCOS, is that as soon as you go off your program and slack a bit, all that weight just piles RIGHT back on. But you know, it's totally doable and this board is here to give us extra support.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 264.5/185.3/150

Height: 5'1"

I think you really want the symptoms to go away. You will always have PCOS. Actually, it is harder for many people with PCOS to lose weight.
KathrynRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:53 AM   #5  
working off those pounds

Yes, you are right...i know it never "goes away" but yes...the symptoms often go away with weight loss. As far as symtoms go, i have the oily skin, acne (which seems to be controlled by ortho-cyclen), and MILD hair thinning at the top of my scalp.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:31 AM   #6  

Location: I'm from the state of Oklahoma, but I live in Brazil

S/C/G: 119.3kg/102.8kg/75kg

Hey homesick Chick, I'm an Ex-pat too and find that dealing with food in my host culture is tough. I was diagnosed here, but I find it really difficult to get good information.
My endo tells me that its all kind of cyclical -- the insulin problem being the worst part of it -- makes it harder to lose weight, but gets better if you do actually lose weight. *sigh* I've just discovered this forum and I am pretty happy to be here. Hopefully I can get myself motivated!!
INDY B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:03 PM   #7  
working off those pounds

i notice that once in a while im irrationally hungry, no matter what i do..when that happens i just try to fill up on water, because i know my stomach isnt really empty, and that i really dont NEED the food...that's that big thing insulin does i think....welcome to the group.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 222/220/160

Hello everyone I am new to this site.. I am 23 yrs old was diagnosed with PCOS in March of 2005. I have always had the symptoms.. but was never told what I had.. I used to be so small but every year I would gain about 14 lbs. I could eat as much as my HEALTHY older brothers.. If I don't eat to get full.. I will be hungry in like 15 mins. I had a personal trainer.. did well but once my term was up with her.. the weight came back.. AND THEN SOME.. so now I am trying this One A Day Weight Smart pill.. Ill let you guys know how I like it
TeeRain216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:37 PM   #9  
Diana

S/C/G: 230/210/130

My doctor told me that losing weight would be tougher too. I can believe him... this is tough!!! But I guess its worth it.
ForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 11:21 PM   #10  

Hi ladies!
Several years ago my OB/GYN told me that I probably had PCOS....now, at the age of 24, getting married in August, wanting to have children soon after we get married, and not able to lose weight, my new Doc did blood work and confirmed PCOS. So......anyone here willing to work together and keep each other motivated? Tomorrow is day 4 of phase I, south beach! YES! What do you think? I would like to lose 40 lbs. by my wedding this summer but am really apprehensive! HELP!
-Michelle
HopefulCA is offline   Reply With Quote