Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-25-2005, 07:38 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Good Friday Chat - March 25th

Morning,

Here's a beautiful poem I'd like to share with you:

And they dressed Him in purple
And condemned Him to die
Mocked, spat upon, and whipped Him
As Pontius Pilate stood by

And with thorns as a crown
He was then led away
To carry His cross
And show us the way

Falling under the burden
Of its heavy weight
But rising up again
Knowing full-well His fate

And meeting His mother
With anguish untold
As God's plan of Great Love
Proceeds to unfold

Simon helps Jesus
Who seems broken and frail
And Veronica steps forward
To wipe His face with her veil

But He soon falls again
For a second time
Paying a price with His suffering
His love being the crime

Women and children
He meets on His way
Then falls for a third time
This most solemn Friday

Adding further humiliation
To any of His woes
Jesus is then
Stripped of His clothes

And while nailed to the cross
His earthly time here passes
His own life He gave
For the salvation of masses
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 08:26 AM   #2  
CIN

Leens
Thanks for the poem.it helps us all REMEMBER why we celebrate Easter.

Going to go exercise then do a bit of housework before going to the Dr with hubby today .Cardiologist follow up. He is fine .I am thankful he is fine.

Looks like a rainy weekend.To bad for all the little ones and their egg hunts and outdoor activities. However the SON will shine despite the rain. Praise God for the rain & sunshine.It takes both to make the flowers bloom!

Later
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 09:36 AM   #3  
I CAN DO THIS

Good Morning Ladies.

Just finished breakfast with the baby girl... Another good morning there Trying to get this place cleaned before work, since I didn't get much done yesterday... My little helper was more in the way then helpful. and we ended up going over to her daddy's and eating supper there and watching Timeline.

Still feeling a little off today. I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I still can't get motivated enough to do my exercising at home. I have to work tonight so on my lunch hour I will probably do my 2 - 3 mile walk around the store.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.

/hugs

Stephanie
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 09:42 AM   #4  
CIN

Hey Cathyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyy
Where are you? Doing payroll? Make me a BIG check $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 01:01 PM   #5  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Good morning, ladies,

It is good to remember what Easter is all about. Thank you for the reminder, Leenie.

Cin, I am glad you and your husband are doing fine. Have fun with the little ones. Do you get to see them this weekend?

Stephanie, you sound so busy with your little girl. I remember those days. Sometimes it is hard to get anything done. But remember you are doing the most important job in the world---being a mom.

I am getting ready to go away for the weekend with my husband. I hope it picks up my spirits. This week has just been tough and I NEED for things to get better. I am sure having my daughter out of the country was a factor. She will be back Monday. I just hope it is not something else making me feel so down, like depression . It is so discouraging to deal with this stuff sometimes, but I know you guys understand. Have a blessed day and weekend. I will be away from the computer until Monday.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 02:14 PM   #6  
Walking by faith

Smile Hi Ladies

Have you ever heard the expression "No news is good news"? Then I guess I have good news-because I have NO NEWS! The doctor's x-ray machine wasn't working properly-plus the temp techinician didn't really know what she was doing anyway. I didn't bring my x-rays from the doctor who referred me, so now I have to go back again with copies of my x-rays
Yesterday was a crazy day-I'm trying to look at it as God's timetable. Who knows what He can do in the meantime.

Kathy: Have a wonderful weekend with your hubby!

Stephanie: Any day that breakfast goes into the mouth and not on the floor is a good day! I remember back in the day, my dog ate better than my son did

CIN: Praise God for the good report on your DH. It's raining here too-sad everyone seems more concerned about the Players Championship than the Easter festivities. But rain or shine JESUS is going to be glorified!

Leenie: Thanks so much for sharing that poem Our church is having a "passion play" this weekend-The Day He Wore My Crown. This is the third or fourth year that they've done this, and it gets better every year. I'm looking forward to being there. I can't be a part of the play anymore because of my handicap , but I sit in the pew and sing along with the choir anyway . It helps put Easter in perspective.
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 08:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang!

sorry I had the day off and this is the first time I've been on the computer. Spent the day at my inlaws house for a fish fry and visiting.

Gonna spend some time with dh while the house is quiet (can you believe that).

Just wanted to wish everyone a very Blessed Good Friday!

Thanks for the poem Leenie! it was a beautiful reminder!

hugs & blessings,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote