Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-23-2005, 08:54 PM   #1  

Question C-section Question?

I Had A C-section With My Last Child Two Years Ago In May And Have Heard That It Is Harder To Loss Weight After One.can Anyone Tell Me If This Is True Or Not.i Had Also Heard That You Gain Alot Of Weight After A C-section And I Have. In The Last Two Years I Have Went From Weighing 160 To 228.is This Normal Or Not
AMMBTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 03:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Having a c-section does not inhibit your ability to lose weight just like a "normal" person. Weightloss is really about one thing: calories in and calories out. So eating less and moving more is the key to weightloss. You must be honest with yourself and figure out if you are eating good healthy food and not overeating at that. You must also get your exercise in.

Here's a few tips to help you:
1. Start a journal and record every little thing that goes into your mouth.
2. Drink your water, I drink about 100 oz a day on average.
3. Get up and move! Take a walk, do some aerobics, dance, mow the lawn instead of having hubby do it, resistance training is a cheap, easy way to build some muscle in the comfort of your living room.
4. Real hunger is felt in the stomach, Emotional hunger is felt above the waistline.
5. Drink a glass of water before you eat.
6. Eat slowly, put your fork down between bites. It takes your body about 20 minutes before you will feel full.
7. Post signs on your cupboards and refridgerator reminding you of why your on this journey and the steps you can take to stay on track.

Hope these help.
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 09:52 PM   #3  

Thanks I Didn't Think A C-section Made It Harder To Lose Weight Just Heard That It Did And Want To See If Anyone New For Sure.thanks A Lot For The Info.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:43 PM   #4  
Curvy Vixen

I had a c-section 15 years ago with my daughter. It took my longer to lose the weight as I was so sore. C-sections are major surgery and everything takes time to heal, especially muscle. After about six months everything is healed and the weight came off.
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:19 PM   #5  

My Problem Is That It Has Been Almost 2 Years Since The C-section And I Went From 160 To 228 In A Fairly Short Period Of Time And Didn't Know If The C-section Was The Reason Or Not.thanks For The Info Purplepansy. I Think I'm Just Trying To Figure Out What Went So Wrong With My Body.i'm Over All Healthy Just Got Way To Many Lbs.