Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 08:22 PM   #1  
No Uno Mas?

Default New Creations #11

Welcome everyone to New Creations #11

I hope you all don't mind that I started the new thread. How is everyone doing? Lori, Shawn, Jenn, Kae? Did I miss anyone I need to take a break from my CSI game. I have problems with alot of graphics..I can only play for about 30 minutes before the headache and Nausea (sp?) hits
I 've really been thinking about taking some forensic classes. There is a college here that offers that degree....anyways, I've started taking water pills. I take one a day and am wondering if that is the reason for my big loss at weigh in. Does anyone have an opinion on that?
I finally set up my yahoo messenger and would love to chat with someone *hint*
Take care and stay focused on the prize.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:06 AM   #2  
Jennifer

Default Reply

Hey Everyone,

It's 12:01 a.m. and I have to be up at 7 a.m I will only be on a very short few minutes. I was going to get on and tell that I gained 1.6 this week. Oh well it happens. But I've made a promise to myself that I'm going to do good this week and not mess up. I don't know how long that will last LOL I am going to have a hashbrown and milk from breakfast it's 4 points. so I will still have 29 for the rest of the day. I'm not going to eat anything while I'm over at my aunt's house. I will really try to be good and lose at least 4 pounds next week. Which I know I can do I lost 7.2 one week and I've lost 6.6 and 5.2 in past weeks. It's just been a long time. I'm going to exercise this week too. I'm really going to try this week! I want to at least be down to 300 by summer time. I could probably be under that if I tried really hard. It's 17 weeks til summer begins. so I could lose I think at least 33 pounds in that time.! almost 2 pounds a week which I'm sure I can do it! I have got to go I will try to get on tomorrow but my eyes are shutting Have a great On program day and have great weigh in's! See you all later.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:46 AM   #3  
Happy Kitty Mom =^..^=

Smile

Hey everyone!

How is life treating everyone?

Chris I sent you a yahoo IM just a few moments ago...look for me 'k? And YUMMY on your icon! He is just so delish. *drool* He makes me want to be all...*whispers* naughty. *shiver*
(we need more smileys ) How is your mom doing?

Jen I think that it is entirely possible to lose 4 lbs. However, I am concerned for you. I hope hope hope you don't take this wrong but be very very careful with how much you lose a week. 1-2 pounds is healthy and the best "loss" rate. If you lose too quickly, you may have a problem keeping it off! I know how it feels to get going and want the weight to drop as quickly as possible but remember, don't do anything to lose weight that you aren't willing to do for the rest of your life because that's what you'll have to do to KEEP the weight off! I'm pullin' for you girl!!!!

So everyone...what's on the agenda for this week? Do we have a QotW? What is everyone going to do? What are your goals for this week?

For me, my goal is to switch my sleeping schedule. I'm currently working all night and into the morning and then falling into bed at 1pm and sleeping 'til 5pm and getting up and starting it all over again. *sigh* I know that a healthy sleep schedule is an important part of weight loss and to help depression. I'm also going to be working on finishing some projects and then getting back into the groove of things just working NORMAL (what is normal anyway???) hours and spending time with the dbf and our puddytats.

Shawn Old? Honey you aren't old! LOL And Hobby Lobby?!?! woot! I'll send you a list! LOL (kidding!) I'm really glad everyone likes the question list. I hope all of our new peeps will come out of lurkdom and fill out the questions and get to chatting with us! Dawn have you found the new threads??? I hope so! I really wanna get to know you!

Lori Where are you gal? How are things going for you? Hmmm???

Okay, I'm off to the races. See yas on the flipside!

Kae
Old 02-23-2005, 10:28 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! I weighed in on Monday and was down 4 lbs. I'm having a good week so far food-wise, but I'm slacking off in the exercise department.
...must...keep...moving...
Talk at you later, my break is over ;-)
Old 02-23-2005, 11:07 AM   #5  
No Uno Mas?

Donna- Congrats on the loss. 4lbs must be the going weight this week. I also lost 4 lbs.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:05 PM   #6  
Jennifer

Default Hello

Hey Everyone,

It's been a long day I've just now gotten back from Church and I'm eating a sandwich with hot chocolate. I still have 1 point left I will probably use it later.

WildStrawberry: I wouldn't get mad! I know how people is concerned about losing that much a week but my leader said I could lose 3.2 pounds a week because of my age and my weight see you can lose 10% of your body weight each week. which would be 3.2 safely. It also said that in the WW Magazine. But I probably won't lose more than 1 or 2 pounds each week. I mean It's a good goal but it might be tough. I would be proud if I lost 17 pounds by then! But just so you don't worry I won't starve or anything like that I love food too much lol. The other day I ate cookies that I hated just because I wanted something sweet lol. But I'm trying really hard this week. I promise I will lose this weight slowly and safely! Scouts Honor!

hautbois: Congratulations on your 4 pound weight Loss! That's great!

Gotta go see you all later!
Old 02-23-2005, 10:33 PM   #7  

Thumbs up Good Job!

You guys are doing great! I'm happy for you all! I havent' been to WW this week. I did weigh myself at work on Monday and it said 156 so if that is right I lost 1 lb. So anyway.....I haven't gotten back on my regular schedule of counting points. I just try to be careful during the day and keep them in my head. But I think I am doing alright. Maybe I will go to WW tomorrow or Saturday. Have been a little stapped for $$ and need to be careful. Besides being depressed.

Not going to write too much tonight. Hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week. Talk to you later!
Old 02-24-2005, 09:32 PM   #8  
Jennifer

Talking Hello

Hey Everyone,

It's great to finally be able to get on again. I've stayed right on program for 2 days NO flex points yet! YAY!. I'm going to eat some Jello with light cool whip for 0 points I don't have enough cool whip to count. It's a great 0 point snack. All the jello you want and 1 tbsp of cool whip light. I have even eaten out today and I didn't go over points I even had candy and ice cream Still no flexies. Me and my friend says that flexies are the devil LOL because if we eat 1 we eat all 35. We are going to have a very good week if we don't mess up. Which I'm not going to if I can help it. But monday is going to be hard because we are going over to a friends house and we are going to play music together and eat LOL. But me and my mom are making weight watchers stuff so it won't be to bad. I will probably make sugar cookies that are 1 point each. I found some new (or new to me) Baskin Robins Sherbet Sugar free hard candy. they are good and you can have 4 for 1 point. and they have sour ones too. They are really good. I thought I would get on and tell everyone how glad I was to be back. but now I'm going to go and eat my 1/8 of an angel food cake for 1 point and Jell-o with cool whip for 0 points Good night and talk to you all tomorrow! May the Lord be with you! Have a great on program day! And at Wiegh in's!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2005, 01:22 AM   #9  
Happy Kitty Mom =^..^=

Default Girl Scouts and what to do...what to do.

In honor of these girls, today's post will be entirely in green.

I love the GS. I was a GS from the age of 6 (officially, unofficially I joined my mom's troup when I was 4) until the age of 18. I have both my Silver and Gold Leadership awards and my Silver award (2nd highest in GSting.) I would have had my Gold but I turned 18 a week before I was to finish and they wouldn't let me have it. *grrr*

Anyway, I think the GS has been a great organization. I learned quite a bit from them.

but their damn cookies have to go.

Seriously.

I love GS cookies even though they're not as delicious as they used to be. I could rip through a box of Tagalongs (PB and chocolate cookies) in 15 minutes if I went slowly. Thin Mints? Frozen baby. Mmmm. I thought I had them beat this year! I avoided them like the plague! I didn't see a single GS anywhere! *whew* I thought.

So, today I was trying to get some sleep and the door bell rang. Scared the living wee out of me so I ran to the door, opened the locks and there were the wee lassies with a cart of cookies all ready for the buying and consuming.

"Would you like to buy some cookies?"

"no thank you, I'm on a diet" I reply nicely. "Thank you for asking though!"

They were cute and nice and dear and skipped away after thanking me. I shut the door.

20 minutes later just as I was falling back to sleep...

*DING DONG* goes the doorbell.

"Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?" Goes Kae, having a heartattack for the 2nd time.

*runs to door and answers to find MORE wee lassies in green on her front porch*

"Would you like to buy some cookies?" the little green devils in GS clothing asked.

"No thanks," says I feeling all WWery, "I'm on Weight Watchers. But thank you anyway."

they walk away not as cheery as the other gals but still they were nice and all.

10 minutes later and still I've not gotten any sleep.

*DING FREAKING DONG*

*gets up and grumbles her way to the door thinking if it's more wee green lassies I'm not going to be a happy camper.*

"Hi. We have cookies. How many would you like?"

"No thank you, I'm on a diet. Thanks anyway."

I shut the door. And as I shut it I hear "well she looks like she needs to be!" grrrrr!

So I rip open the door and send the little "darlings" scattering. (I guess they know I heard them.)

I stomp to my computer and write in huge print:

We are not interested in cookies. Do NOT ring bell. Violators will be dunked in milk and consumed"

well...I didn't put the last part about violators and consumed with milk. At least not on the sign I put up.

So ladies, if you're having trouble resisting those little rounds of concentrated evil, just make yourself a sign. *G*

Kae
Old 02-25-2005, 05:53 PM   #10  
Jennifer

Talking Hello

Hey Everyone,

I went to Wal*mart today after my piano lessons. and I found the weight watcher fudge bars OMGosh They are so good and only 1 point each. WOW I know I about died I thought I could eat the whole box and it would only be 6 points Anyway. I am going to buy alot of them the next time I get some money!. I bought a snail key chain today instead of having a 10% one on my key ring (Cause I don't have one yet but it's not long! 22 more pounds) And I call it my "Slow and safe weight loss buddy" lol But I can walk faster than it HAHAHA I also at wal*mart tried on a skirt 10 if you count them that way sizes smaller than I normally wear ( I usually wear a 28) and it was a perfect fit I about had a heart attack I screamed MAMA IT FITS! I bet everyone was laughing at me I was happy though! and I wore 2 sizes smaller in a shirt. I was dancing like this in the dressing room I still have 12 points for supper and snacks but suppers going to be 8 points. Which is fine by me because it's potatoes and meatloaf :

Kae: I'm so sorry to hear about the green little satans LOL I am very proud of you though for not buying them! !!!!!! you should really pat your self good on the back!!!! I hope you have a great day.

Likewise to everyone else. Have a great on program day! See ya'll later!
At Weigh ins!
Old 02-25-2005, 06:20 PM   #11  

Question GS Cookies

Kae! You do delight me! I just love[ Your posts!
Anyway, Did you know GS Cookies aren't that high in points? I like the trefoils and do si dos most but they have a new fat free or low fat cookie called Lemon Coolers and they are really good! I would have to get the box but my friend and I figured out the points for each kind according to the box. I think with the coolers it was 2 pts for 5. Don't quote me on that though.

I am sorry they interupted your sleep. I would have gotten mad as well.
Jen, sounds like you are doing well. I on the other hand have been still slacking. Don't know why. I will go to weigh in next week and see what I have done. If my scale at home is right I have lost two lbs.! But we shall see.

Talk to you all later.
Pray for me will you?
Old 02-27-2005, 07:11 AM   #12  
Happy Kitty Mom =^..^=

Default Kae's thought for today

Hi all!

Shawn you make me blush. *G* I know that individual cookies of the GS variety aren't high points...however, it's the eating of the entire box that does me in everytime! LOL And trefoils? YUM. I eat 'em with chocolate icing. *sigh*

Jen Thanks for your support. (Bartels & James)

Okay, here's my thought for the day. You can read it and admire it or tell me to blow it out...well I won't finish that thought. Anyway, here it is.

What you eat is as important as how much you eat. Whole foods are digested slower and provide a better sense of being full longer.

I’ve noticed since I’ve been on WW Flex (or any of their “points” programs) that people have spent an incredible amount of time finding ways around eating healthy. They find low ‘points’ junk food and think they’re doing a good thing by having that instead of ‘regular’ junk food. For example, finding a low points mayonnaise that you like (hard task but still) where the serving size is 2 tbs. You say to yourself “hey 2 tbs. is only x grams of fat instead of y grams of the full fat version.” So you proceed to eat 6 tbs. of the low points version of the mayo. You just consumed not only the actual fat grams of the full fat version, you consumed MORE than the actual fat grams of the full fat version. How is this healthy? Why not just be happy with the y grams of fat in the full fat version for more taste and flavor in a smaller package?

Prior proper planning prevents piss poor performance. -Emeril Lagasse

How very true this phrase is for all of life’s adventures. Esp. weight loss.

Okay, end of my thought for the day.

Loveses youse allsss!

Kae
Old 02-27-2005, 11:54 AM   #13  
No Uno Mas?

Default nothing new in the land of oz except a little indecision

Hello all,

I hope you all had a good week. It is Sunday and that means that I weigh in tomorrow. In my current mood..I don't really care what the scale says I've had a few overeating moments but I think it will even itself out. The water pills have really helped. I'm thinking about shaking things up a bit and try shopping at Wild Oats or The Whole Foods market. I know that will cost me more $$ but I need to make wiser food choices...like maybe going for a vegetarian lifestyle for a week to see if I can handle it (the verdict is still out on that one)
I've been so busy with changing majors..I can't seem to make up my mind. I usually settle down the day before enrollment. So, I still have a few more weeks of indecision
I'll check back tomorrow after weigh in and let you all know how I did.
Take Care
Old 02-27-2005, 01:32 PM   #14  
Jennifer

Unhappy Oh My What a past 2 days

Hey Everyone,

I just got back from church and I've had two bad days. Good services but BAD Days! Yesterday we had our singing we drove my mom and dad's car. On the way home the tranmission quit. Today I was driving my grandmothers car to church and right as I turned into the church drive way had a flat tire thank God I got up to the church because my dad said my grandmother's Jack was messed up but someone else had one and helped fix it. I don't even know if I will be able to go to weight watchers tuesday and I will really be mad if I don't I've been perfect on program 0 flex points so far. I've even had junk food but counted it in my daily points target. I hope ya'll have had a better 2 days than I have. I gotta go lunch is about ready and I'm ready for it See you all later and to everyone at weigh in's have a great on program day.

Last edited by Jennh1988; 02-27-2005 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:08 PM   #15  
Jennifer

Default It's me Again

Hey Everyone It's me again I know ya'll are probably tired of hearing from me.

Just thought I would get on and say hello to everyone again. I've had 8 flex points today but I'm going to try to not eat anymore of them! I feel alot lighter than I did last week I hope it shows! Which I know it will unless some strange act of the scales again! I will be totally ticked off! But the good thing I must tell you is that All my best friend's is 100% behind me and one of my best friends (Josh, Been going to church with me since we were born) Said any recipes you wanna try let us be the taste testers! LOL I laughed and said Ok I will. They all love the cookie's I make and most of the recipes is Weight watcher ones but I don't tell them. I did today though and one of my other best friend's (I've got 5) Said well good I can eat more lunch LOL We all laughed he only weighs 147 pounds but he's very nice! they are all very proud of me and say they are glad I"m doing this. I'm doing this mainly for myself but in a way I'm doing it for them to because life without me would be pretty boring LOL. Just kidding I want to be able to grow up and be with them when we are older because we are really the future of the church and we have to stick together!
But I guess I had better go I will talk to you all tomorrow I hope ya'll have as good of friends as I do! At weigh in's and have a on program day tomorrow!

Last edited by Jennh1988; 02-27-2005 at 10:10 PM.
Closed Thread