No 4 28.57%
Sometimes for a party or an even 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 10:46 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Question Sabotage!

At the SuperBowl Party Some one saw me eating veggies and tried to get me to eat something not so healthy shall we say (they knew I was on WW)
Do people try to Sabotage you when they know you're trying to be good
one was a very skinny girl and a Very heavy guy
Old 02-08-2005, 12:23 PM   #2  
it's always something

I don't think they mean harm, but they just don't understand. Just curious, but how did you handle it? Do you think they got the message?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-ecard...rd-humor14.jpg
Old 02-08-2005, 01:26 PM   #3  
Running to Catch Up

S/C/G: 261/ticker/150

I don't think they intent to sabotage, at least for me -- I just think they want me to have the "good stuff" and are used to the way I look so they don't look at me like "oh, she shouldn't eat that", instead "oh, this tastes great, let me share it!"
Old 02-08-2005, 03:04 PM   #4  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Saboteurs...

Kier--People just don't get it, do they? And that skinny girl who tried to get you to eat naughty food really doesn't get it. I know in my case, people don't understand my relationship with food. It's not as simple as "one won't hurt" because one will turn into ten which I'll use as an excuse to blow an entire day, then an entire week, then an entire month. That "just one" that "won't hurt" is a snowball rolling down a snow-covered hill... Just one can't be just one for me...

I voted "sometimes" because people generally don't do it that often. Special occassions seem to be a license to eat and to encourage others to eat.

But, what's most important here, Kierie baby, is that you were strong and ate veggies! Way to go!!
Old 02-09-2005, 11:47 AM   #5  

Default Self Sabotage

I used to take it personally when I thought people were sabotaging me. Now I'm beginning to understand I do it to myself. I use them as my excuse to "blow it". Hubby keeps bringing junk into the house, because he wants it or he want the kids to have it. I can't use that as an excuse to abuse myself. I am my own responsibility. I am trying to develop better habits my kids can mimick.
I don't think very many people do the sabotage thing on purpose. There will always be the jealous person who wants to drag you down to make themselves feel better. For the most part though, I think it is what was mentioned earlier about them wanting to share a good food/treat with you, or getting their feelings hurt if you don't partake in something they provided.
With people I don't know extremely well I've found it helps to say something like "I'm hypoglycemic", or "I'm insulin resistant", or "I'm allergic", so they don't take your refusal as an insult. People don't usually accept "I'm trying to be good" or "eat healthy" as a good enough excuse for some reason.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:54 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I think I handled it ok I said that while Everything looked great I was in the mood for veggies. They don't have to know that fritos are like crack to me. While the subject was dropped I don't think there was any level of understanding. Unless you are overweight and actively trying to get healthy or you have been in our situation you don't have a clue
Closed Thread