Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 10:40 PM   #1  

Default Magical Monday

I know its not quite Monday yet... but I decided to start the thread anyways!!
Well I joined iShape today.... I get a 10 day trial. So it seemed like it was worth checking out. I am pretty much using it for the exercise/strength training stuff. I really need help in that department. I hope to learn some new moves and by getting daily emails from them I hope it will motivate me. Geez I sound like an advertisement..... Well I hope everyones week starts off wonderfully...I think I am going to go with no alcohol for a few weeks and see how that affects my weight loss which is kinda stalled right now.

Have an awesome day!
Samira
Old 01-17-2005, 12:16 AM   #2  

Now its monday!! good times!
Old 01-17-2005, 05:04 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Morning all,

I have had insomnia since 2:30 this morning and my meowing cat ain't helping any. Anyway, I got really sick on Friday night after I posted. I was kind of throwing up and was having really nasty symptoms that corresponded to the bad side effects of the procedure I had done. I was in severe pain. So anyway, my BF took me to the emergency room at 11:30. I came out at 7am after waiting for 3 hours to be seen and then waiting another 4+hours to get all the testing done and turns out I had a tummy bug and a urinary tract infection. I slept all day saturday... I just wished I slept this past evening... I hate insomnia. But I am much better, but I am back on the antbiotics that make me grumpy (darn allergies).

Anyway, I have decided to take a weekend off in February (I work 2 jobs, One federal government day job (I am an acting junior programs officer) and a retail evening/weekend job (saleslacky...come'on Aimee, come back we need to swap stories) and finish all the unpacking and sort stuff into piles of throw out, save for a May garage sale, charity/relatives who might need stuff (aka my brothers or my BFs stepsis). My mom is coming by to help me. I know it's pathetic that we're not done yet, but sometimes life gets too busy. I'll buy some totes to save the stuff we don't want to get rid of. I should also get a back pay around then (I am getting 2 at some point, a huge one and a modest one, I'll probably get the modest one around the middle of February) and buy a new entertainment unit (not an expensive one, just one that isn't slowly buckling in from age and pressure) for our downstairs TV since the one we have is falling apart.

Sam: I so miss exercising, I wish you good exercise vibes. I can start again on the 25th!!! I can't wait!

Oh and I am excited.... no evening shifts this week!! This is the first week with no organizational plans that I have had in ages (meeting a friend for coffee this evening though and going to dinner and Costco with my parents on Thursday).

Belle: be sure to check out to the link I left in the Friday thread (you can tell I am a lawyer wannabe).

Cheers!

Ali
Old 01-17-2005, 09:16 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
I'm slowly climbing out of my funk
I got my permit to drive and drove our big hulking van on saturday and then we went to Stewarts Rootbeer to celebrate and I was bad
We had some friends over for a val kilmer comedy fest we watched real genius and top secret too funny!
Sat night/Sunday AM Dh had a fire call to a car accident scene very sad a drug addict had stolen a car crashed it and died. . .
Sunday Am he got back around 8 in the mornign we slept in and took it easy for a while
we brought a pizza over to my moms and started to pack up my room DH had 2 more firecalls so i did most of it.
It was cool b/c i found alot of stuff i haven'tseen in years but it was really sad
My Mom moves in 2 weeks and a few days It's going to be very strange and very wierd and the @$%@ she had been under contract to buy their house sold it out from under her. sigh
we hit the grocery last night and have all kindsa healthy goodness
and watched the surreal life and Strange love lol
Sam you're getting on the ball
Ali I'm sorry your weekend stunk lady
I stepped on the scale and I'm up to 202 it's back to arse kicking time!
I'll check the friday posts later
bbiab
Kierie
Old 01-17-2005, 09:36 AM   #5  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Ali - goodness babe. I'm SO sorry to hear about your evening on friday. I really hope you start feeing better very soon. You've just had an awful couple months, huh?

Samira - good for you joining iShape. Let us know how you like it.

KO - drivers license huh? You don't have one yet? Well congrats to you.. when are you going for it?

As for me... I crumbled this weekend. Not too badly, but the SBD phase one I'm not supposed to have ANY carbs, and Saturday I ate a pita bread. not awful I know. But then yesterday I was at the grocery store and saw the most wonderful looking whoopie pie. I bought it. It was huge. I got in the car, had two bites and realized that is wasn't as good as I thought and realized it wasn't worth it and threw it out.

What I don't get is why I gained two pounds. I went to the gym 5 times, for an hour each - followed the diet completely minue the piece of pita and two bites of the whoopie pie. How can that be 2 pounds? I'm actually quite depressed about it!

Lisa
Old 01-17-2005, 10:19 AM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Ali - soooo sorry re your UTI. I get those way too often and they are horrible! I hope you get better soon!!! Take care of yourself. And no, it's not a shcoker you aren't done unpacking. Neither are we and we moved in May - we just have a nice basement where we can "store" things!! THANK YOU for the link! I printed it off this morning. I will read it over with highlighter in-hand! Nice having someone on the "inside". I'll let you know if I need representation...

Kier - I LOVE both Real Genious and Top Secret. In fact, I have never met anyone out side my sisters that know of it! I wish we lived closer - I'd have come for that!

Samira - let us know how ishape goes!!

Lisa - did you weight train when you were at the gym?? Might just be some muscle or water retention. You're right, pita bread doesn't break the bank. Good for you for realizing it wasnt as good as you thought and chucked it. I'd have ate it anyway!

Well, I had a pretty good weekend. I ate good and did mama-yoga last night - I feel good today - a bit sore and well-stretched! But I have a wicked sinus thing going on and I wasn't able to sleep due to breathing out of my mouth. I might see a doc today. That and I have had, well, er, let's say "tummy trouble" since last Saturday. So, that's over a week of, "tummy trouble". I am starting to worry a bit. That can't be good for me right now (it makes you tired when you have it all the time, you know?). So, I figure that is worth a call to the doc!

Tonight I plan to go to the gym for circuit! It's 30 min and I can go at my own pace. I shouldn't bounce but I can do low-impact for the cardio.

Well, I better go - busy dayand a four hour meeting from 10-2 (booh).

Have a good day - TTFN!!
Old 01-17-2005, 12:13 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Lisa thats really not bad I am Especially proud of you for throwing out the whoopee Pie. . .Btw what is whoopie pie
as for when i get the license my lessons/eval is wednesday and as per the laws of NJ i can't take the drivers test till april
Belle I'd love to have you!! You're doign so well with your workout!
I'm goign to do tone and Sweat this afternoon this week will be busy with helping mom pack so we might not be able to take advantage of the free gym membership
Closed Thread