Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 11:50 AM   #1  
Want to see less of me

S/C/G: 260/255/185

Default New Year, New Approach

I am thinking about beginning a new approach to weight loss. I have been reading about the South Beach diet and I have spoken to some family who have had much success on it.

I was wondering if anyone out there could give me their opinions on the SB diet. Or tell me a little about it, especially Phase 1, since I hear that is the most restrictive!

Thanks!

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-26-2004, 01:55 PM   #2  
i luv my dog!

Hello,

It's good to have you here asking about the SB approach to nutrition and health. Of course, everyone here will tell you good things about the South Beach way of eating - LOL - because we practice what we preach!!

Phase 1 (two weeks) is restrictive to help get people out of the sugar addictions that so many seem to have, AND, to provide a jump start to the weight loss. Most people see good results right away and are more inclined to continue.

Have you read the book? It is really informative (Dr. A is a cardiologist) and very helpful to have around. In the meantime, read the stickies in the SoBe FAQ section (here) and scroll through the archives to see which questions interest you. (Hint: look at how many replies and views a thread has)

Here is one link to get you started: What is your single best South Beach advice? http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43973

As with all other reasonable approaches to weight loss, dedication and determination are essential. The South Beach way is simple and straightforward, and it works!

PS - the board is a little slow right now with the holidays, but you will always have someone offer support, guidance, info or a helpful referral, (sometimes the responses are quicker than others.)
Old 12-26-2004, 07:43 PM   #3  

Hi,
It is great to hear that you are thinking about the SBD. Phase 1 is restrictive, but it is only for a short period of time. Also the benefits gained during that period are great... less fatigue after the first few days of adjusting, some great weightloss, I had less mood swings due to stable blood sugar levels.... so the benefits for me greatly outweighed the restrictive nature of it.

Read more of the site and then see how you think you will go.

I wish you heaps of positive vibes for a healthier lifestyle.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:49 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Dawn, welcome!

During Phase I, the worst thing you may experience is a wicked headache. It'll last a few days, and it's the result of your body and brain "getting off sugar".
Most people find that the cravings are gone within the first week.
Phase I is a real purge, and if you can get through it (and it's really not that difficult if you put your mind to it), you'll feel so much better as you head into Phase II.

If you decide to join us, we're here for you!
Closed Thread