Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-23-2004, 11:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Talking Christmas Weekend Chat - December 24th, 25th and 26th

Hope no one minds me starting up the post for Friday. It's almost 11 pm here and I'm waiting on my guys to get in, safe and sound, so I can get some sleep!

We have a busy day tomorrow, so I doubt I will have time to get in here in the morning before we head to my mom's house for the day, but wanted to tell everybody.....

Merry Merry Christmas!

Hope everyone has a great Christmas Eve!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 07:40 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey Cathy !!

I made a post for the weekend so I'm going to combine it with yours....althought it says it went through, I can't find the post... OY! You too, have a very Merry Christmas

Anyway

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Just jump in bed and cover up your head cause Santa Claus comes tonight

Good Morning and Merry Christmas Eve

Today is going to be a busy one, I have to make the turkey w/the sides and lasagna, not to mention the cake for Baby Jesus

Then tonight we will be putting together, after DD goes to sleep, her presents.

I might have to run to my mom's today if the package I got my DH arrives there, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I had it sent there because I didn't want my DH to see it.

Whats everyone doing today ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 09:04 AM   #3  
lanee

S/C/G: 225/215/140

Height: 5'2 1/2

Merry Christmas Eve to you ladies too!!! In a little while I have to get ready for work. It was crazy at WalMart last night!!! The people!! Shopping ,shopping,shopping.. I didn't even get my 2 fifteen minute breaks! At least, thank God, I got my lunch/supper..
We close at 6pm. today. Amen..
Well, you all have a very Merry and blessed Christmas!!!!
Hugs to all, Lanee...
Laneebm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 11:07 AM   #4  

Here I am! I never could post except that quick reply one yesterday. Today I finally got here to make a longer one.

Roger is working on the remodeling today and I'm taking it easy! The carpenter will be coming back next week and Roger has to have everything ready.

I'm listening to some fox hunters in the area of our small radios and they're talking naughty. I was so tempted to tell them that Santa was listening and they will get a piece of coal! But, if they knew a woman was listening, it would spoil their fun! Just how much fun is it to tramp through -4 weather to shoot little animals?

It's quiet here. No plans. I'm spending my time searching for crochet patterns using thread and i'm not having any luck. The ones I have in mind are stiffened and stand up. I made some a long time ago and I'd love to make one for next years auction at church.

Well, all my old friends and new ones, have a good Christmas and God bless!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 03:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Merry Christmas everyone.

I've hurt my back again - last Sunday at the gym. Been to the chiro most of the week. I think the injury is as bad as it was in summer but because I'm so much stronger from the gym, I'm handling it better.

Will post more over the holidays.

Please have a Happy Christmas everyone. Remember the season's reason.
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 11:03 PM   #6  
Walking by faith

Smile Good Christmas Eve ladies

It's pretty late here, so:

Merry Christmas to all.... :merry:

...and to all a Good Night!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 09:58 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!

LOVE YOU !!!
Old 12-25-2004, 04:11 PM   #8  

Merry Merry Merry Christmas!

guess what? I am on a brand new computer! My mom surprised us yesterday with a great big spanking new computer for home! and we are all thrilled! It works and everything and it runs really fast and does all sorts of stuff. The old one was basically good for checking email and that was about it - the floppy disk drive and cd drive didn't even work when it was given to us - it was really pitiful actually but was better than nothing - but this one is really great. Took us about 10 minutes to set it all up and I've been waiting for my turn haha

Been picking up what I could today - there is stuff everywhere!

My dh surprised me with a Pioneer cd player for my car that he got from Circuit City. Now I just have to get by there and get them to install it! Oh man it is going to be so nice to be able to listen to my cd's on the way to work and back. right now I just listen to the radio and it is so full of commercials.

We were suppose to keep Christmas simple and inexpensive this year - I don't think anyone listened except for me.

I have got to run for now - hope everyone is having a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy
Old 12-25-2004, 06:05 PM   #9  
Walking by faith

Wink Merry Christmas everyone!

Our Christmas has been wonderful-we kept it pretty simple this year My DH is THRILLED with his Red Sox World Series Champion hat and t-shirt We saw our son this afternoon. We weren't able to bring him anything, but we put money on his account so that he could buy what he needed. I got a Wal Mart gift card , a nice cutting board for my kitchen, and a copy of The Purpose Driven Life . It looks interesting. Needless to say, I'll be at Wally World as soon as I can to take advantage of the after Christmas sales

Dinner is cooking-the turkey smells delish! I've been pigging out the past few days, but tomorrow I'm back on track .

Hope everyone is having a blessed CHRIST-mas! :merry:

:snf:
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 09:32 PM   #10  
lanee

Merry Christmas Ladies!!!!
It seems like everyone is having a great day!! I am glad about that.
I stayed home. My eyes are irritated. I don't know what's wrong. But I can't stand it!! My dh went to his mom's around lunchtime. Brought her her gift. And his godchilds. Me and my dd stayed home.
Tonight I brought dd to spend the night at her friends house. And my dh is at his brothers' Lounge. Eating another Christmas supper. So, I am home alone for now.
I stopped at the gas station on the way home, and bought some chocolate junk food. I ate it all by myself. That's not good.
I have to get up for work early in the morning..
I guess I feel sort of down. I don't like the Holidays anymore.
But I hope you all enjoy them!
Hugs, Lanee...
Old 12-25-2004, 09:45 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Merry Christmas Ladies, boy what a generous christmas it has been.

DD loved her big girl kitchen and all the little appliances.

DH was thrilled with the Little Giant ladder I got him.

And I am tickled to piece with this :

http://www.thomaskinkade.com/magi/se...13&menuNdx=0.4

He got me the 28" x 42" in the gold frame, and boy oh boy is it beautiful. I still can not believe my eyes. Do you know that on the back of his painting he has his DNA. Its to prove that it is REAL !!! that is so funny LOLOLOL. DH said its a combo.... Christmas / Anniversary present. That sooooooo works for me lol I'm so shocked..........

Well I better get going..... long day and I'm very tired

HUGS and KISSES to you all and I'm so glad your Christmas was wonderful.

Old 12-26-2004, 01:56 AM   #12  

Red face

Hi all. I am fairly new here but thought I would post. Christmas Eve was nice. My mom, big brother (who came in from out of town) and I exchanged gifts. Everyone was pleased with theirs. I got some really nice clothes, comfy PJ's and slippers, a heated towel rack (as my family knows I am always freezing), and some other items. Christmas Day my brother and I went out to visit with my dad for a couple hours. Shockingly my dad gave my brother and I thoughtful gifts, which he would never have done in the olden days. Even more mind blowing was that my dad got my brother's gf gifts as well. I am 24 years old. My parents are in the middle of going through a divorce. I feel bad for both of them, it isn't easy being on either side or being in the middle. But it was really good to see my dad. He and I don't always get along real good. Today, Sunday we are having family and friends come in from out of town so that will be really nice. Mom and I got all of the food ready on Saturday. We have enough to feed an army. We are having ham sandwiches, potato salad, baked beans, fruit and veggie trays, a cookie tray, cheese and crackers, and something else I am forgetting. My family does not eat real healthy and I don't eat healthy around the holidays either. But I am trying to change that. I am hoping since I took the time to make fruit and veggie trays that I will take the time to eat healthy.

I hope that everyone's weekend is going as good as mine
EMTChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 09:12 AM   #13  
lanee

Hi Ladies,
Hope you all have a terrific day today. In a little while I have to get ready for
work.
It should be interesting at WalMart today!!!LOL..
Ya'll take care. And God bless you all...

Hugs, Lanee...
Old 12-26-2004, 10:28 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning Everyone,

EMTChic, I'm really glad your here with us. And you seem to have had a wonderful Christmas dispite all what is going on in your family. I'm happy your Dad made it extra special. Divorce is never a good thing for the children of the parents. I am watching my sister and her DH go thru one and it is effecting the children really bad. My heart goes out to you all.

Lanee you are working today? forgive me but where do you work, what do you do (I forgot sorry) ?

Can you believe Christmas is over....sigh
I love the feeling of Christmas and I hope it doesn't leave to quick. I am glad that the "rush" is over, meaning cooking, cleaning, etc.

I am going back on plan today, I bet I gained at least 5 lbs this week. OY!

Whats shakin everyone....who's running out to the sales today.

One thing about where I live is, no stores are open on Sunday in my county, so its nice, no hustle & bustle one day a week. Of course you can go to the other countys shopping but its nice to have peaceful streets on Sundays.
Old 12-26-2004, 03:27 PM   #15  

good afternoon gang!

we went to sunday school and church this morning and it was nice. our crowd was a little smaller than usual but that is to be expected on the day after Christmas!

It is beautiful outside right now. We came home from church and I fixed steaks and mashed potatoes, veggies & rolls. I really need to clean the kitchen but jumped in here first.

Leenie - that is one of the most beautiful Thomas Kinkade pictures I've seen - and I love all of his stuff! how wonderful and special! tell dh he did really good!

when is everybody taking down their decorations? *sigh*

I better get to that kitchen so I can veg out awhile with dh - think he's watching a football game.

hugs & blessings,
cathy