Old 12-16-2004, 12:52 PM   #1  

Default Need some help along the way...

Hello! I am looking for some support from some others who know what it's like...

I really am wanting to lose weight, but think I require some prodding to keep on track. I think it would be nice to share the daily struggles and offer others encouragement along the way.

Help! Anyone out there?
Myrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 01:44 PM   #2  

Welcome!! We'd all be happy to help! Sometimes getting started is the hardest part. For me it was like a lightswitch I just had to turn in my head. Making the commitment to myself. Taking one day at a time... I'd be happy to help any way I can. I too live in the frozen Artic North of Ohio. Remember do this journey for yourself. You can do it!!! I'll talk to you soon Hugs Kelly
KellyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 05:09 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello Kelly and Myrtle, welcome to the 30-somethings. You can always come onto our weekly threads. We share our highs and our lows. We give encouragement and support. If you blow a day we say, just don't do it again tommorrow.

Kelly, I know what you mean about living in the Artic North of Ohio, I live in Toledo and for the last 10 years or so I lived in the Cleveland area.

Where are both of you from?
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 10:19 AM   #4  

Default Thanks!

Hi there! Thanks! I am really looking forward to being here. I think the encouragement will be great and I will offer some in return.

Aren't the holidays tough? Today I end work for two weeks and that really scares me - treats, dinners, boredom. I will probably be here often so I won't be shoving food in my face. I am such an emotional eater! This weekend I plan to drink water. I am bad about that. I bought a new "water bottle" and hope that will keep me in line...it's measured and everything.

What things are you all working on?

Isn't Ohio weather great...sounds wonderful for the weekend!
Old 12-17-2004, 08:29 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Right now, at least through New Years is to maintain. Once the new years start, then I am going to get right back into my lifestyle change. I plan on keeping a diary of everything that goes into my mouth and their calories, I have found that works extremely well. Also I will be weighing in once a week, with myself, I even bought a special calander that I can tape on the back of my bedroom door. I will probably weigh myself Sunday Mornings before anything goes into my mouth. I also set monthly goals of usually 10 lbs a month. If I make it then great - shopping trip (for one item), if not I buckle down.

Hope this helps,
Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 04:34 PM   #6  

Hey there - Seems like forever since I have been here. I have been doing alright. I have been off of work since last Friday and I have been fighting the stress and boredom without too much food. I can't wait until the holidays are over! I will keep drinking my water -

How is everyone else doing?