Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 08:31 PM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 12/13 - 12/19

Just starting the thread. I'll post more tomorrow but Karen - way to go on coming here rather than hitting the vending machine!

See you tomorrow.
Judy
Old 12-13-2004, 01:32 PM   #2  
SRR
shaun

Hi everyone;
I was away for a week, did not follow the program but stayed the same... hopefully this will continue for Christmas.
hope all is well with everyone...
will write tomorrow
shaun
Old 12-13-2004, 02:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Just running in and out to wave "hi". I'll be back after I catch up on last week's posts.

Carla
Old 12-13-2004, 08:35 PM   #4  

Shaun - congratulations on the maintain - always better than a gain and even better if you didn't really follow the program. Maybe you were making good choices without thinking about it.

Carla - I'm waving "hi" to you!

I did not make my meeting this week - it would have been about a 1/2 pound loss but I went to bed a bit late and felt like I was coming down with something so I slept in. I baked up a storm over the weekend and counted the points of what I ate. I packed up the cookies in Tupperware and they are sitting out on the porch and so far I really haven't been bothered by them (and it's still PMS although I think TOM is any second now).

No class tomorrow so I'm going to do a little shopping and a little more baking. I *have* to study for finals (next Mon & Tues) but I've enjoyed the few days off from grad school and am going to give myself another day or two off before I buckle down again.

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 12-13-2004, 08:44 PM   #5  

Well, let's see if my feeble memory has retained what I just read moments ago.

Judy - I hope PMS has let you out of it's evil grip. The holidays are a horrible time to have PMS, what with the chocolate and goodies that are floating around. Congrats on finishing your paper. You are one organized chick, me thinks. And no reason to give up the baking, if you truely enjoy it. Giving it up would only tick you off which would lead to snacking, so what's the point, really. When does your break at school (work) start?

Karen - Congrats on a great weekly loss and an awesome overall loss. You are going gangbusters. Sounds like you've been very productive on the Christmas front. An d it sounds like you've been doing really well on the eating front. Is Mike still managing to stay out of the pannettone? It really does call to one.

Shaun - Congrats on the maintain. At this time of year, what with the food and stress and general holidayness, that is an accomplishment in and of itself.

Well one event down - Ana's school party (it was yesterday) and one to go - the party at our house. I am, of course, stressed out about the party at our house beyond all belief. And hugely angry with myself. I had a year to get the house in shape and did I do it. Of course not. Oh well, my house is my house and these people have been my friends for over 20 years so.... Oh and I posted a 1.8 pound gain last week, the day after a good sneek peak, so who the heck knows what's going on there. I've totally lost track, but I believe I should get my period any day now, so hopefully that will help. It would also help if I remembered to get my water in. At any rate, I'm just really hoping to hold steady for the next couple of weeks and take it from there.

Have a great evening.

Carla
Old 12-15-2004, 10:55 AM   #6  

Carla - Sorry about the gain - it's probably the just before TOM water gain so guzzle that water. Now listen here girlfriend - stop beating yourself up. You should see my house! When is the party? Why don't you list the top 1 or 2 things (do-able things) that you could do before the party (assuming it isn't today), do as much as you can and just forget about the rest. Do any of your friends have kids? If so, they understand. DO NOT BE ANGRY WITH YOURSELF - forgive yourself instead. Being angry will just end up in your sabotaging yourself - and there's nothing to be angry about - you're doing your best! Of course, I'm great at dispensing advice - I don't always follow my own advice but I'm trying to be a little easier on myself.

I'm doing so-so this week - I still have PMS - no sign of TOM. I haven't done too badly with the baking, and yes, Carla, I think if I didn't do it I'd be ticked off and would snack on garbage. I did get in a good workout yesterday (no class) and hope to do a short yoga session when I get home after work. We are going to hear my friend's husband's band tonight after dinner. I'm planning on sticking on non-alcoholic drinks - maybe just 1 glass of wine. Starting tomorrow though I *have* to start studying for finals.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 12-15-2004, 12:31 PM   #7  

Sneaking in a quick "hi" before getting back to work. John's home for the rest of the week to help me, thank goodness.

Judy - Thanks for the pep talk. You're right, this anger at myself isn't doing me any good. My problem is I get overwhelmed by everything I have to do and it paralyzes me into inaction. And of course, when I get the house straightened up, it lasts about a minute, thanks to hurricane Ana. Ah well, getting the house in shape for once and for all is a good 2005 goal. As for your house - my dear, you work and go to school and as organized as you are, I'm sure your house looks just fine. Good for you for putting your baked goods on the porch. And for counting points for what you did eat.

I plan on setting a workout goal again. Yeah, I failed miserably at it this year, but that's no reason not to try again. And now I must really run.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Old 12-15-2004, 02:23 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cece
I plan on setting a workout goal again. Yeah, I failed miserably at it this year, but that's no reason not to try again. And now I must really run.
Carla
No, you didn't fail miserably (stop beating yourself up!) You got derailed by some injuries and illnesses. Glad to hear you'll join me for a 2005 workout challenge. Any other takers??
Old 12-15-2004, 04:17 PM   #9  
Canadian, eh?

Hi all...have only about 8 seconds...

Carla - tips from a pro: clean the bathroom, shove clutter in a closet, use lots of candlelight, and no one will be any the wiser about the state of your house. Don't sweat it!

Judy - wishing you lots of self control with the baked goodies. Yup I'll join the exercise challenge of 2005...I haven't been very faithful about recording workouts.

Shaun - a maintain is great considering you've been away. That's all I'm aiming for till January.

Had a binge day on Monday...it wasn't pretty, but I know why it happened. Over and done with now, and things look good today. I'm going to do a SBD phase 1 in January. Carb cravings are sneaking back into my life. We bought a home gym! It's being delivered and set up on Saturday.

Must dash off to meeting #428 of the week (and it's only Wednesday!)
Old 12-16-2004, 09:13 AM   #10  

Hi all.

Judy - I'll stop beating myself up, I promise! My workout goal for 2005: 3-4 workouts a week for 182 workouts. It's less ambitious than last year, but perhaps more doable. I will look for you to put on your drill sargeant hat when needed, ok?

Karen - Ack the meetings. I remember what it was like to have a week of non-stop meetings, most of which served to take up time and nothing else. I'd shove the clutter in a closet, but the closets are too cluttered! I envy you your home gym - it's on my wish list for someday. Enjoy!

No more field trips to chaperone (Monday's activity), work is done for the week, so I have two full days at home (less one more evalutation for Ana on Friday) to get things done. I keep telling myself I'll be able to enjoy a clean and decorated home next week as we prepare for Christmas!

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 12-17-2004, 10:20 AM   #11  

Karen - yay on the home gym!!! I'll be glad for your company on the workout challenge in 2005. I *lvoe* your cleaning advice to Carla - we'll be doing that kind of cleanup next week! Sorry about the binge - I had a bit of one last night - I also know why and now I just have to try to salvage the week.

I'll be back to post to you, Carla in just a bit - ran out of time~
Old 12-17-2004, 10:39 AM   #12  

Carla - I'm glad you'll be joining me for the workout challenge for next year too and I think it's wise to set a do-able goal. I will be certain to put on the drill sargeant hat when needed. I'm glad the chaperoning duties are over. I hope you enjoy the two full days at home!

I didn't have such a great day yesterday. Tony and I had a fight late on Wed and I guess that was still in my system. I went home and exercised which helped a bit but then I decided I needed to bake something chocolate (still in the throes of PMS). I tasted a little batter and split a cookie with Tony - not bad, but then had a whole bunch of crackers and ff cheese later in the evening. Not terrible but not good (and a bit salty) and with the turkey kielbasa for dinner this morning my sneak peak was awful. Of course my rings are very tight so I'm hoping I can squeak out a maintain tomorrow - I *have* to weigh in tomorrow - with Christmas and New Year's on Saturdays, I don't know when I'll be able to get there to weigh in. I *have* to start studying for finals - I only have the weekend and I haven't done a thing yet!

Off to guzzle some water.

Have a great one,
Judy
232/240 workouts
Old 12-19-2004, 01:12 PM   #13  
Born Looser :)

hey yall, hope you dont mind if i post this here but just had to , i am so happy

sw 280 == dec 12,2004
cw 275.5 == dec 19 ,2004

4.5 pounds lost .. woohoo
Old 12-19-2004, 09:29 PM   #14  

Congrats, LisaMarie. Terrific loss!
Old 12-19-2004, 11:13 PM   #15  
Pending Email Confirmation

Well, after a week of staying OP I maintained I don't know why, maybe I'm building muscle or TOM is coming finally! My next WI is on Friday morning, we'll see what the scale tells me then! I didn't fall off this week either, been working the program like I should.. I hope I see a loss!
Closed Thread