Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2001, 11:13 AM   #1  

Hi, will check in later after our washer buying trip. Peggy
Old 05-06-2001, 12:29 PM   #2  
Life Time 2001

Ann: Thanks for the tip on the Kashii Bars. Im gonna make them later this afternoon. I got all the stuff to make them.

Peggy: Have fun buying a new washer!

Im off to play in the yard. Its a beautiful day here.
Old 05-06-2001, 11:12 PM   #3  
Member Florida Chick

Default Beautiful Spring

Lily: Hope you like them. They do hit the spot when you are craving something sweet.

Peggy: Hope you found a washer that would take giant loads. Then you don't have to do laundry so often. Tell us all about it.
Time to hit the hay. Ann
Old 05-06-2001, 11:40 PM   #4  
Net browser

Default ...rain, rain go away.....

Hi Everybody
I woke up still very achy but really not too bad other then that. DH was a little better today and says he is going to his office tomorrow.
We managed to take our family out for dinner, and had a very nice time. I tried to save up as many points as I could for tonight's dinner. I think I was still over since I had BBQ ribs, but boy were they ever good. I bet I haven't had BBQ ribs for a year.
It was raining when we arrived at the restaurant and just pouring when we left. Everybody was running for the van except the Princess and I. She said, "let's walk really slow Baba so I can feel the raindrops on my head." So there we are walking really really slow, and
the rest of them are just running. By the time we got there, her hair is soaked and she has very very long hair and I looked like I just stepped out of the shower. They all thought we (well I) was nuts, but then the Princess said to me, "thank you for walking slow with me Baba". She just loved it, and I kind of did too.
Tonight I watched the first two hours of "The Judge". Anybody else watch it?
I think I'll say good night, and I hope you all have a good day tomorrow. Night.
Old 05-07-2001, 02:14 AM   #5  

G'day all,

A very wet and miserable day here in Sydney. A great day to practice with my Webpage software. It is just fantastic the things you can achieve but I am a very slow learner. Lucky I don't do this for money, it will be a little while before I have my webpage up and running. In the meantime I am having fun messing about with it.
Slavika hope you are feeling better, at least the task of starting a new thread has again been taken care of
I am not too sure about enjoying walking in the rain, in a tropical climate it is wonderful, but Canada?????? Glad you and your grand daughter enjoyed it though.

Ann I am not sure what it is with my digestive system, I did have a procedure to check if I had Hpylori bacterium but they found an ulcer instead . I also had my gallbladder removed about 7 months ago, but it still is not right. The diet he suggested I go on is a 14 day Toxin reducing diet, this is it as follows:
Sip hot water 1 cup 3 x per day
Sip hot ginger water after meals (1/8 teaspoon ginger powder in 1 cup of hot water)
Aloe Vera Juice 25 - 30 mls 3 x per day.
AVOID
Bread
Past
Left over food
Reheated refrigereated food or frozen foods
Processed foods
Prepacked potato or corn chips
Red meat
Cheese, yoghurt
Peanuts, peanut butter
fried and oily foods (fried eggs, sausages, chips, bacon etc.)
tea, cofeee, iced or chilled beverages and water

FAVOUR
Fresh foods, recently cooked
vegetables - steamed
fresh vegetable soups (not instant packet or canned soups)
fruit well ripened
chicken small amounts if required
fish small amounts if required
herbal teas
basmati rice or brown rice.
After sticking to this for 14 days one is to return to their homeopath.
As you can see not a great deal of scope. I have decided to see an iridologist in Melbourne and see what he/she says. I don't think the above diet could do any harm but it is quite restrictive.

Peggy hope you have found yourself a new washing machine. Your experience with your dog reminds me of my two dogs who are on a permanent holidays with a friend of mine. They are two little pappilions. I do miss them, though not the sort of messes that they can create as you described. I am lucky that my friend was willing to have them, as they are getting a bit old, I take care of the vet fees and they have a wonderful new home out in the country. My friend breeds Alpaca's.
Four more sleeps and we are off to Melbourne. I am very keen to get going again. I have started packing, I like to be organised. It is amazing what one collects over such a short period of time that we have been here.

Lily do you have a large garden? I do so enjoy gardening. We went to the botanical gardens here in Sydney yesterday. It was very nice but there is nothing like getting a bit of dirt under your nails out of your own garden. I planted some camelias shortly before I went away. I ask my son how they are but he only calls in now and again and is not interested in the garden! Another thing I will look forward to seeing when I get home.

Have a great day all
Cheers
Maria
Old 05-07-2001, 07:55 AM   #6  

Good Morning, Finally had a little rain last night - it was very welcome. Supposed to be a rainy week. Looks like we are all getting rain. What a grandma you are Slavika to go walking in the rain. I hope you don't the flu stuff back. Sometimes it is the simple things in life that makes kids happy. Maria I envy you being able to grow camelias. We are too far north to grow them. I have tried with some tropical things. I have a mandevilla that I got last year. I brought in for the winter and now it is back outside but I don't think it is doing too well. I like to grow lavender. I love the scent of it. It is probably my favorite smell. Ann my new washer which doesn't come till Weds. is oversize. It is a Kenmore. We went to Sears since it was the closest and they were on sale. Also wanted someone who would take the old one away. I got one with a real porcelain drum. I didn't realize that they all were not. My old was started to rust in the drum. It had a painted on porcelain finish. What do I know. No one is allowed to get any clothes dirty until Weds. Since dh has a construction job going on I see another trip to the laundromat. Yuck! Trudy you have been very quiet - are you allowed out yet? I have to go look up the Kashi bar recipe - since you can freeze them I would like to try them. Have a thin Monday, Peggy
Old 05-07-2001, 10:37 AM   #7  
Life Time 2001

Ann: I did like them they were very good! Thanks for the recipe.

Slavika: You are such a great BABA. I dont think I would of walked slow thru the rain with Princess. That was very sweet of you! Glad you still got to make it to dinner!

Maria: My that is a really strict diet you have to be on.
No my garden isnt that big. But I do love to plant pretty flowers every year. I love going to the botanical gardens. They are so pretty! I dont have that kind of patience to keep something like that up so I just have a small one.

Peggy: Feel for you having to make another trip to the laundra mat. I hate going to them! But Wednesday you will be all set again. Do try the Kashi bars they are good!

Trudy: Yes where are you?
Old 05-07-2001, 05:49 PM   #8  

Slavika what better thing for a "BaBa" to do than walk in the rain with a princess? She won't remember the toys and junk you buy but I'll bet she will remember that walk and both her children and grandchildren will be the benefactors. WTG. Your grandson will remember that cape too. 2 years ago my DIL (the good one) called me at 6 o'clock one night and said Adam needed a costume for a program for school the next day. She had bought a quickie pattern and the fabric and wanted to know if I would come "help". (I would like to see the genius who could make that in 2 hours or less.) About 5 hours later I got finished. Adam's costume was the hit of the program and he is still running around in that Robin Hood cape and playing with the other stuff. (You know how much DIL helped. At least I didn't have to cook supper and wash dishes that night.)

We had an honest to goodness tornado Friday night. Nobody was killed and our home and property didn't get damaged so we feel blessed
Old 05-07-2001, 06:11 PM   #9  
Net browser

Default ...still raining

Hi Everybody
We have another damp dreary day....that's enough already, we just don't need any more rain.

I have to tell you guys something. I was reading the posts on "Fitness scams" here on 3FC and somebody asked if anybody had sent for the e-mail weightloss/stress reduction/lose 10# in a day...or whatever it said, and the web address was:
www.bodyweightloss.com/ and the before and after pictures were very very impressive. So I went there and looked. A few posts down another gal said to go
www.herbalife4us.com/ (see the Huge guy in the blue shirt) WELL....now go back to the bodyweightloss site, to "More Before and After Pictures" scroll down about 7 or 8 pictures, ta da, guess who. Can you believe it?
Geri a tornado, geez that's not good. I'm very happy that all is well with you. Was there any damage from the tornado?
Maria I can see you are anxious to get going when you count the number of sleeps. I do that when we are getting ready to go to Maui. LOL
Peggy naturally we can't get Kashi here, but next time I go across the line I will buy some and try your recipe.
Lily you sure were lucky that you had nice weather on the weekend so you could work in your garden. I did buy a hanging pot filled with all kinds of pretty flowers. Flowers are not my strong suite, I just know they are pretty but I don't know what they are ALL called.
Well second half of "The Judge" is on tonight, so I am looking forward to that. Tomorrow is WW and I sure hope I "discarded" a bit of weight., but whatever happens we will still have Tea Time.
I'll be back later to see how you are all doing.

Last edited by slavika; 05-07-2001 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-07-2001, 06:26 PM   #10  

Default Trudy where are you............

G'day all,

Where is Trudy haven't 'seen' her for a few days. Hope she is OK and hasn't caught the flu that Slavika has been threatening to go down with.

We have a morning show here called 'Good morning Australia' (yes I know very original, I didn't suggest it ) It starts at 6.30 am till 9 am. At present they are on location in Canada. I switched it on this morning and they are in a resort called 'Whistler' (spelling???) what spectacular country side. It did look VERY cold but just magnificent. They also interviewed a canadian singer, Sarah McLoughlin, at her home. I had never heard of her but the few bits I heard of her singing sounded great. She must be very successful as her home was nothing short of breath taking, not your average little surburban home. We always said we want to visit Canada but this just confirmed why we wish to go there.
I thought of both Trudy and Slavika, are you 'gals' (that word really amuses me, I am not being rude but it a description of girls/ladies/women we do not use) living anywhere near the area mentioned? I know Canada is a huge country.
I would love to know from 'native' Canadians what is it about your country that YOU think is unique and worth visiting.
I'll be keeping an eye out for a CD of Sarah McLoughlin.

Lily you are right it is an extremely restrictive diet hence I decided to get a second opinion when I get to Melbourne and take it from there.

I mentioned my dogs yesterday in my post and when I finished posting and went to my email my friend had emailed me a photo of my dogs! Amazing coincidence. They are so cute and I have now made the photo into 'wallpaper' so I see them everyday when I turn on my computer
Have a great day all whatever you are doing.
Cheers
MAria
Old 05-07-2001, 06:30 PM   #11  

Default great minds think alike........

Slavika we must have been posting at the same time!!!
Yes I am getting quite keen to move on.
It is also here a dreary wet day, good day to sort and pack and play with 'my' webpage.

Cheers
Maria
Old 05-07-2001, 06:32 PM   #12  

Geri glad you are o.k. Tornados are so scary. Right now we are under a severe thunderstorm watch. It is raining like crazy. I hate it when the tornado sirens go off. Glad it is raining because the prosecutor just was on t.v. The poor cop that shot that kid was indicted on 2 misdemeanor charges. The area where the riots were have boarded up all their windows today. They are expecting more trouble tonight. It is sad that the national news only carries one side of the story with these shootings. We have a friend whose husband [a cop] was killed along with his partner a couple of years ago. I hope things stay calm - maybe the rain will stop some of it. Have to go - storm is getting closer. Peggy
Old 05-07-2001, 06:37 PM   #13  

Maria you must have been posting when I was. I love Sara McLoughlin. When I had cancer surgery 2 years ago her song Angel was a big hit. I loved that song and I sang it in my head as they put me to sleep. I know I am wierd. Peggy
Old 05-07-2001, 06:52 PM   #14  

Peggy just read your post regarding the possibilities of riots in your city.
I have to say the only thing I know about Cincinatti is the song 'Cincinatti fireball' by Johnny Burnet and that is going back some time
I have heard you speak of the riots before and this morning I had a look at your newpaper to learn a bit more. Certainly does sound very worrying, I wasn't aware of the racial tension in your area.
Not much I can say about it other than I also hope you do not have further riots in your city.
And the storms, hope they will pass soon with no serious damage.
Yes I will go and do something now other than posting, 3 posts in 30 minutes
Cheers
Maria
Old 05-07-2001, 09:18 PM   #15  
Member Florida Chick

Default Send us some rain!

Maria: That does sound like a restricitive diet. Wise to check with someone else. I think hpylori causes ulcers. I had one, and then just kept recurring, until I took the antibiotic and prevacid. What does your friend raise the alpacas for. Wool? Meat? Are they related to llamas? Only 3 more sleeps to Melbourne?

Slavika: How much fun to walk in the rain. Your Princess will always remember that. So will you. Those are some of the 'sweet' moments.Hope you had no repercussions with the "flu". You can go to www.kashi.com and order products over the web. The only problem is that they sell by case, so you'd need to get some of your WW friends to split with you. I did that, before it came into our stores. Are you telling us your picture appeared?:":

Peggy: New Washing machine sounds great. You know the only saving grace about the Laundramat is you can read a good book. And you can get your laundry all done at one time. Otherwise, the pits. I was sorry to hear about the possiblity of more unrest on tonights news. But I sometimes think that the media play to that and almost play a part in inciting. I sure don't like their choice of words. They always seem to sensationalize things to the exclusions for the real truth.

Geri: A tornado--scary! I don;t like high winds at all. We get some of that severe weather here too. The question is where to take shelter, since tornados come up so fast.We've decided we'll go in the bathtub.

Lily_ Glad you liked the recipe. that is the best way to use the puffed Kashi. I like the Go-lean the best for cereal. The Good Friends tastes good, but I have to mix it with something else, since it has such high fiber content. Almost as bad as baked beans.

Hi to everyone else. Have a good WI. Ann
Closed Thread