Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 11-26-2004, 09:01 AM   #1  
Greenlass

Default The Thyroid Diet book

Hi! I've been hypo thy for around 3 years now and despite being on Synthroid and exercising regularly I have packed on about 40 pounds. My eating habits are sometimes good-sometimes bad. I tried WW but the weight was coming off so slow, I got discouraged and quit. I've seen The Thyroid Diet book reviewed in a magazine and on Amazon.com and thought about trying it. Has anyone here actually tried the diet? I would love to hear your thoughts on this before buying the book.

Thanks!

Jill
greenlass6103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 07:37 PM   #2  

Hi Jill, I have read the book The Thyroid Diet Book, I felt it was interesting reading. I too have low thyroid. The book had some points I didn't know about, As far as dieting, it is the same, low carbs, no corn, potatoes, some breads, etc. I too have tried WW, and got boarded. You would probably benefit from the knowledge you will receive from the book. Hope this helps...
debbiegentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:07 PM   #3  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Default Anyone tried the Thyroid Diet Book

I guess I should have asked this before I bought it but just curious if it has worked for anyone who is has a underactive thyroid.
Thanks
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote