WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2001, 07:47 AM   #1  

I need suggestions for grab and run breakfasts. I'm talking about individually wrapped things. I already use Kashi Go-Lean bars. I love them, but would love to get muffins, etc. that are individually wrapped. I usually grab a granola bar or Kashi bar every morning. Having a pre-packaged breakfast is what keeps me on track for the day. If I start the morning out on program, it is much easier to stay on program all day.

Does anyone know a source on-line to order low point muffins?
Old 01-31-2001, 08:26 AM   #2  

I don't know a source for purchasing muffins on-line, but I have to say that I have an on-the-go breakfast almost every work day, usually a Luna bar (S'Mores or Chocolate Pecan Pie!), and now that I've received by Baker's Box breakfast cookies, they are perfect...individually wrapped and easy to eat! I have a long commute each day, so by the time I get to work, I've eaten my breakfast and polished off half of my water for the day.
Old 01-31-2001, 08:33 AM   #3  

In the freezer case at Fresh Fields/Whole Foods I found something called, I believe, Our Daily Muffin. They aren't terribly large, but they were tasty and were 1 point under the old system and probably 2 under the new.

Also, there is a company called Aspen Ice Cream that sells muffins that seem impossibly low in points. Brigette used to swear by them, I think. I haven't tried them.

I agree that Luna bars, Clif bars, and Baker's Cookies are great, too. There are also some Morningstar Farms "hot pocket" type things that are more points but look mighty tasty.
Old 01-31-2001, 10:07 AM   #4  

I know you said pre-packaged, but the bran muffin recipe on the back of the Kellogg's All Bran Extra Fiber cereal box is awesome for 2 points and really easy to make.
Old 01-31-2001, 08:45 PM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

Try this site......
http://www.cspinet.org/nah/11_99/bre...rab_n_gos.html
Old 02-01-2001, 09:21 PM   #6  
Rat Terrier Chick

I keep Bakers Breakfast Cookies in the freezer and used to have them most days. I recently made a recipe of Christine's chocolate muffins (with a few changes) and froze them in individual ziplock sandwich bags. So now I can grab a breakfast cookie or muffin as I leave for work. They are frozen and I usually wait until I get to work (an hour's drive) and enjoy one of them as I begin my work day. My muffin is usually still frozen, so I zap it for a few seconds. I really like the muffins and made another double batch (12 large ones) last night. Much cheaper than having Baker's cookies every day!

[This message has been edited by Tato (edited 02-01-2001).]
Old 02-02-2001, 12:29 AM   #7  

Kelly - again you're a marvel, thanks for the link.
Tammy - my grocery has breakfast bars that are lowfat, and about 2 pts each. With some milk in a container they're perfect. I also will eat 'cold' cereal DRY with the milk on the side.
hope the suggestions help.
Old 02-04-2001, 09:18 AM   #8  

Hi there,

How about this:

1 fat free tortilla (1 point)
1 T. Better N' Peanut Butter (1 point)
1 banana (2 points)

Spread the peanut butter on the tortilla and wrap the banana in in as if it were a burito.

This is really satisfying and travels easily.

Diane
Old 02-06-2001, 04:39 AM   #9  

Tato....could you share the recipe with the changes you are making for the breakfast muffin? Thanks so much.
Old 02-07-2001, 11:21 PM   #10  
Rat Terrier Chick

Bankerkg:

Tomorrow (Thursday) I will post the muffin recipe with my changes in the Bread and Grain WW recipes. I want to include the nutritional info, which is at home.

Closed Thread