Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2001, 08:35 AM   #1  
me3

Wink

newly diagnosed and have been advised to eat many small meals through the day...... but knowing me and my binge patterns ( probably got me into this) I am fearful of gaining more instead of losing..... any helpful hints?? advice?? help?

I am a carbo junkie... preferring great bread to chocolate cake.......

and I HATE feeling ill - so I am committed for my health to make some changes..... but need/want advice from your lessons learned -

mucho gracias........
Old 05-04-2001, 08:30 PM   #2  

Hi me3...I'm pretty new around here too. I'm not hypoglycemic, but I am diabetic (type 2). I do however eat lots of small meals a day instead of three larger ones, and I've lost 18 lbs so far over the last two months (yaye!). So don't worry about gaining. The important thing is keeping the caloric intake where it needs to be for your weight in order to either lose or maintain your weight. When I AM super hungry or just want more food, I try to fill up on extra veggies and WATER, (which is tough to get into the habit of but I swear it works!) Ive been following the WW winning points plan, and so far it seems to work. I really love carbs too...its all about portion control for them unfortunately. Don't know that I've helped, but good luck to you!

Carrie
Old 05-05-2001, 08:27 AM   #3  
me3

Default hypo & diet

thanks for the reply... since it was the only one since I posted I was more than happy to hear of your success with many small meals...... are you active with weight watchers? or just following their diet?
what form of exercise are you engaged in??

wish I had more to say at the moment........ but

again thanks and best wishes for continued success --- how proud you must be of your efforts and rewards!!

enjoy the day! me3
Closed Thread