PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 10-15-2004, 10:35 AM   #1  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Yasmin/Metformin reactions?

Has anyone had any really severe reactions to either of these two drugs? I noticed on the metformin at first that I got kind of crampy and had loose stool. It seemed to get better as time progressed.

But this past week I've had cramps so bad that I had to go to the hospital, as I wasn't sure what it was. I even thought it was Toxic Shock Syndrome

I'm wondering if it could have been the metformin or the Yasmine...but I was hoping someone else might have any similar experiences to say..because the severe nausea and cramping didnt happen until I had been taking both pills for a month..so perhaps I just have a virus that's not wanting to go away, but I don't know....I've had it for a week now...and I dont know if it's a coincidence but it got really bad the day I got my period
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 12:47 PM   #2  
Rattie Lover

Hello MissMeliss!!

I had bad bad problems with Yasmin. I went off of it after the 3 weeks was up. I had the nausea, cramps, breast pain, you name it. As soon as I got off the Yasmin, I was fine. I've been on Metformin for over a year now, and have never had problems with it after it got into my system.

My endocrinologist said it was because of the estrogen in the Yasmin. She said some women cannot tolerate it. I was one of them and it sounds like you might be one too. Ask if you can switch to a lower dose estrogen pill. You'll find things arent as "crampy".

Good luck!! Thanks for visiting.
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 01:12 PM   #3  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Noodles, I'm going to see my doctor on Monday to see what she has to say. I've taken ortho tri cycline, and although I had cramps and acne, now i have SERIOUS cramps and TERRIBLE acne. I don't think it's a coincidence that the pain and nausea started the day I got my period. Thanks for the story though, noodles. I need the support.
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 02:45 PM   #4  
Rattie Lover

You're Quite Welcome!!

Come join us sometime in the monthly chat area. We'd love to have ya.
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote