General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 02:32 PM   #1  

Default No flu-shot for me this year.

There is a big shortage of the vaccine so I am giving mine up in hopes it will go to someone that needs it more than me.
Not trying to be pushy but maybe I am not the only one out there that is big, strong, healthy,(and in my case incredibly handsome), that might give up their shot for a child or an old person.
Old 10-15-2004, 07:33 PM   #2  

Default I think that I'm going for it this year...

I've seen news reports about the flu vaccine shortage in the U.S. this year. I'm not aware of any problem here in your neighbour to the north. Our province gave out free (well, paid for through our taxes) flu shots last year to everyone who wanted one. I didn't get a shot last year, and ended up with an extremely bad case of the flu, a gift from my brother and mother

My brother had the flu shot last year, and also ended up with the flu (likely the A Panama strain because that strain was not among the four strains in the vaccine). He thinks that if he didn't have the shot, he would have been much sicker. I think I will get the shot this year, even if it only prevents me from getting sicker if I'm attacked by this season's viruses.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:52 PM   #3  
it's always something

I'm passing it up, too I really hope next year's situation is better. Surely someone out there will learn from this.
Closed Thread