Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 08:18 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Talking Thrilling Thursday

OK
How much water is it possible to retain?
can i witch for 30 seconds I made rice with chicken broth veggies chili powder and about 1/4 cup of regular cheese
i'm thinking i'm soo good yadda yadda
then why the heck am I floating on a sea of me?
I checked the sodium levels (I have a prob with sodium mind you) HOly Hopping Snot (to quote Leslie Nielson I think) 980 mil in the smallest serving and it wasn't even GOOD tasting c-broth god knows what else was in there
b/c although I didn't eat the greatest I can't put 6 pounds on in one week I know this
GRRRR HISSSSSSS
Anywho on to Why Today is Thrillsville! and it is!
So I wrote an article on Tuesday My third one for Animal fair
and they LOVED IT!!!!

DH and I are invited to their party and now the Lady who owns the magazine wants me to work on a TV idea with her!
Yep its a crazy banana day! but the best kind of crazy banana

ok in Food News
I'm trying Old fashioned oatmeal out b/c they were out of the quick cook at ye old mega mart (to use an Alton Brown word) and while it takes about 5 times as long to nuke (5 min versus 1) and has a tendency to explode when over cooked
its really good! a bit different texture and not quite as gluey as its quick cousin
also a bit more calories and fat BUT and its a shrinking one b/c its mine more fiber.
ANywho while i had my whole day planned out yesterday food wise
I should know that trying to get a gram to eat when she doesn't want too
makes me eat what I make her from frustration
now If I could give her a fat transfusion that would solve things
But I have to figure out a way not to go wacko when she won't eat
so today! I'm working at the puter writing and I'm going to work out and eat right!
and 64 oz of water!
come out and play I'm feelin feisty today
Kier
Old 10-07-2004, 10:35 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Kierie: Yah Yah yah yah!! Congrats!!! Have fun at the party and enjoy what life is offering you!!! I am proud of you

Anyhoo, I am doing okay. I signed up for my 10K clinic which starts the 16th, so that should be fun. I have also been asked to help with the people at the back of the learn to run clinic which would normally be okay, but my BF is hesitant since he's in that clinic, the thing is, he won't be anywhere near the back so I won't even be running with him (he was present when I was asked). He says he's okay with it, but he's scared I am going to judge him. I won't really even see him run anyway and I won't jusge him. I am proud he's joining...

Belle: I doubt you'll be checking in, but we'll be thinking of you on Saturday.

Jess, Lori, Aimee and lurkers(come out and play): have a good day!

Ali

Oh,
Old 10-07-2004, 10:54 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Thanks Ali!
The 10k clinic sounds great and a fun thing for you and BF to do together! I bought home some weights to see if DH wants to tone with me
he always says he will
but lol the proof has not be in the pudding yet.
We need our ladies back darnit!
we don't want to lose our forum from alleged lack of interest I know you all are out there reading
even if you say hi so we know you're not dead.
I think I'll drop Jayne an email later and see how the **** she is and ask her to come back
we don't care if you slipped are actively slipping or waiting till you're more OP to come back
(I feel like a televangelist)
Belle! I have been thinkign of you all week!
Old 10-07-2004, 11:14 AM   #4  
Running Babe

Oh I am in a draw for a trip to Jamaica... I think my odds are 1 in 1246.... hehehe

We won't bite I swear... after two years of being only moderately OP I am pretty much back so hey I've been there, I have gained... we're not here to judge but to support!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 10-07-2004, 11:50 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

oooh I love Jamaica! I went there when I was 10 and it Monsooned but still it was fun
The people are strikingly beautiful. one of my major memories this man named peter who was 6'5 kneeling down to talk to me at eye level (he worked at the resort) Telling me he was irish too
he had dark skin and an irish face
(the Irish were sent to the carribean as indentured servants/slaves)
Its an amazing place.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I'm here.. sorta! Life is being stressful .. bf is making some job switches, and could result in less money a month.. at first.. it will pay off in the end, but all the same.. it's a bad time of year to be broke. Last year at christmas the bf couldn't really get me anything for christmas because we had so many family present obligations. I am hoping things will work out.. we'll see. I am getting more hours at work, same pay, but higher up position (waste of my time really).. but the more hours should help a tiny bit. And here's the biggest kicker... October was supposed to be a good month for pay ( I am getting paid 3 times.. I love these months), so I was going to buy a winter jacket.. and I actually FOUND one I like (never happens), and now I can't get it. I need to be positive and stop venting.. and start replying.. I'm so selfish right now! I will be better tomorrow.. I promise!

-Aimee
Closed Thread