Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-16-2004, 10:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Thursday Chat, 9/16

Good Morning Gang!

Just starting this bad boy up!

gonna grab my

brb

cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 10:13 AM   #2  

ok? where is everybody at this morning?

Leenie - how ya feeling girlie?

Tippy - did you have water for a few seconds and then no water again? girl girl girl that is not gonna work! tell roger gotta get that fixed quick!

Joanne - so glad that you got such a good report frpm the physio yesterday! WOW! what great compliments! and then 90 minutes at the gym too! wow! YOU GO GIRL!

I walked 2 miles last night at 7:30. It got pretty dark on me before I got home, which is no problem except I worry about maybe a snake or something crawling across the road and not being able to see it, and of course, I think I startle every dog in the neighborhood because of moving in the the darkness so I'm like walking really fast in the dark going "nice doggy nice doggy its ok its ok" like an idiot. I had a friend that got attacked by a "friendly" dog when she was walking - yikes! Anyway - I walked! LOL and it was still almost 90 degrees outside.

oh and thanks for the idea about the sewing tape - I hadn't thought about that - may have to give that a try.

April - you know, I think I might like for somebody to leave me at my house for 5 days without a car. that sounds kind of nice to me....well maybe just 3 days but right now I think I could take a little break like that. hope your time passes quickly!

Cin - how many meetings today? is there still lots of questions about The Core or are people catching on?

well dang my boss wants to work, I gotta run

have a good day

hugs,
cathy
Old 09-16-2004, 10:14 AM   #3  

Hey Liz hope all goes well this morning!

how long of a drive to Victoria from where you are?

hugs,
cathy
Old 09-16-2004, 10:40 AM   #4  

well dang! that's a little far to drive even for a good doctor!
wonder if your doc left a good referral for her patients?

Last edited by cathyxxx; 09-16-2004 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:13 PM   #5  

Well Ladies, we are having a new well drilled! The well we have is too pooped to participate. I knew, when we moved here 13 years ago, that it was very old and illegal to our standards now. The water was okay though. The truck with the driller just drove in. I'll tell you that 24 hours without running water is about 6 hours too long! Roger has been hauling water to flush the toilet and to do general stuff. Later, I have to heat some water and wash dishes. Roger showered at DD's last night and I will tonight.

Roger started in with a PLOM(Poor Little Old Me) and I reminded him that there are people in Florida who not only have no water, but they don't even have a home to live in! This here is a pain in the butt, but we'll have water by tomorrow afternoon or Saturday and our lives will be back to normal. Those poor people have months to go.

Well, everyone, I have to go and watch the procedure...and no, Leenie, the men are not young and well muscled. More like short and pudgy and bald!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 12:49 PM   #6  
Walking by faith

Wink Good day everyone

CATH: I'm glad you're here! Did you get any effect from Ivan? Thanks for the 'attagirl', but that should have been for JudoMom . But o.k., I'll be getting that good report soon!

Liz: I can understand how you're feeling. My Dr. of almost 12 years folded up her practice and left w/o any notice-and I had only seen her 3 weeks before! The Dr. who took her place is barely adequate-and he's not fully covered under my insurance plan. Finding a good GP/Internal Med Dr. around here is like pulling teeth ! Hope you can find someone soon.

Tippy: Hope that new well is done soon. We take running water, electricity, etc. so much for granted until we lose it .

Leenie, Lynnie, CIN, April: How's your day today?

This is my 1st time alone at night since I got out of the hospital. DH works 1-10 tonite. He's usually home a little after 10, but for some reason, I'm a little anxious. Please keep me in your prayers
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 01:06 PM   #7  
Divine Gal

hey ladies

Last night I didn't sleep so well.I can't have a bad dream about me having a heart attack and dying.I have been taking Claritin for my allergies and so far so good except I can tell its starting to wear off.
I have been trying to really focus on getting the scrapbook for my friend done; so I can start working on other things.Other then that I have been doing really well with keeping track of my points.

Hope yall have a good day.
*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 01:32 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

Nothing much happening here, sosdd.

Cathy good for you 2 miles !! you go girl. How's the weather by you?

Joanne, you'll be okay, just try to distract yourself, watch a movie or read a book and before you know it, the night will be over.

Tippy, old and bald can be fun, puggy eh, well you know what they say okay I'll tell you......... NOTHING GROWS IN THE SHADE

Ahh Lizzy, sorry to hear about your GP. Its really hard to find a good one, that I can say it so true. Look how long it took me to get diagnosed, 2 months of walking pnuemonia (sp?) sad. But you will find another good one.

Lynnie babe, how is your BIL? I took claritin a while back and it didn't do a thing for me. Maybe you need to switch, there are SOOOOOOO many alergie meds out there.
My DH can't take claritin either.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 02:54 PM   #9  

Good morning everyone......it is pouring rain today.....DH comes home tomorrow around 1 P.M.......I really miss him a lot.....so does Charlie....our dog.

When he comes home......I will probably go out....right now.....this is the 4th day without the car.....have been doing pretty good.....most of the time being home alone....well I guess I am really not completely home alone.....because I have Charlie.....our dog here.....he seems to be more affectionate with just the 2 of us here.

Survivor starts up again tonight.....does anyone watch it?

Cathy.....a few days home alone without the car is okay......but today I know that he will be home tomorrow.....so I am looking forward to that.

Liz.....it's 12 hours from where we live to get to Victoria......10 hours to get to Vancouver .....to the ferry that goes to Victoria....we have one of our sons who lives in Victoria.....when we go to Edmonton....it takes us 9 hours to get there.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 04:59 PM   #10  
CIN

Howdeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Just got around to popping in here!

I started out walking when it was dark this morning.dont like that!Then had to be somewhere at 8:30.met our Youth Pastor to load up a truck and carload of garage sale donations I begged off someone for the Youth Yard sale. A friend was going to call The Salvation Army....but I talked into letting me have it for the teens projects at church!

I picked up Joshua (4 yr old)Grandson when I took the stuff to the Youth Pastors House....he has been with me all afternoon.........he makes the noise of 4 children for one little fellow! He misses his 5 yr old brother who is in half day school this year but entertains himself wonderfully. I told him we were going to Sam's and he said "Oh where does he live?" We touched every computer,tent,tv....sat in every chair...tasted all the samples and made an afternnon at Sam's .one little grandchild is so easy......I usually have all 4! There was a utility vehicle $3900........a little dump truck sort of thing for farms.Josh jumped in and said "Can you get me this for Christmas?" Boyssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.........such fun they are!

Tippy..you make me thankful I am a CITY Slicker gal!

Glad to see so many here today!

Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 05:02 PM   #11  
Oooo Silly Me!

Afternoon Ladies…

Tippy – Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Wednesday. It was hard. I was trying to be civilized, but now I wish I had gotten smart back or at least say something short and sweet like you mentioned.

Liz321 – Hi there, the dance game I have for the Play Station 2 is called Dance Dance Revolution. I am pretty sure they have one for the X Box. I bought some pads that is mad by MadCatz and it’s a Universal Dance Pad for both the Playstation and Xbox… so there has to be a version for it. Hang on I will look it up heheh… Yay! They have one, here is the website --> <-- If you have a Best Buy near you, that is where I got my Playstation version and I know they carry Xbox games there so you can try checking them out. It was a hit at the party I’m sorry to hear about your GP moving without a word BSnC – what area is that for? Good luck with the University… I start next week… gonna be a hectic schedule for 10 weeks… eeek!

Lynnie – when you get done with your scrapbook for your friend would you come over and do mine? *big grin* I don’t know how many scrap pages I have started, but I do know one thing… they were never finished… well wait, I actually finished 3 of them hehehehe… Motivation went out the door EEK!

April – I love survivor, but not sure on the date myself… I’m a HUGE Rupert fan hehehehe….

I’ll catch up a little later, got a bunch of things piled up that need to be done.

Take care everyone…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 01:12 AM   #12  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello liz... my bad... I misread the letters hehehe... oh and I forgot to post the website for that Dance Dance Revolution game... here it is

DDR XBox

Take care...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 10:04 AM   #13  

Thanks Sue you are a gem!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 11:14 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Liz, dont' ever think your feelings are trivial because they are not, they are real, very real. Your GP is more of a friend than a GP and I understand how you will miss her. When I had to switch from my GP years ago b/c of my insurance I nearly died. I finally got back to the insurance she took back then and guess what. She doesn't take it anymore she was excellent and the if I can ever go back I will. You really amaze me w/your dedication to schooling. I envy you and wish I had what ever it takes to do the same. Your a strong lady. I give you a ton of credit and praise. Hang in there lady !! better days are to come.

April hi lady, gee it feels like forever that I haven't spoken to you. No, I don't watch survivor, I was never really into reality shows.

Cin Cin the walking queen. Your a great inspiration !! keep it up PLEASE

Babycakes
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 03:05 PM   #15  

Awwww Leens you are too sweet.........I think that those of you who work full time are working a lot harder than I am....everyday up and at 'em and then keeping a house running as well........ I feel blessed with my shift work....even though it is difficult to work when others sleep and vice versa....it does give me the opportunity to do other things.

I love what I do as well so that really really makes a difference.......I just wish I didn't have to sleep

Be well everyone......this is a great place where we are all working hard to be the best we can for ourselves and others.....and don't ever forget it!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote