Old 09-15-2004, 05:35 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Wednesday Chat, September 15th

Good Morning

I am off to a 6:30 am doctor appt. yes you heard right, this guy does not work at night or the afternoon, so its either 6 am or 6:30 am, which works well w/my schedule. Then I'm off to work....soooooooo !

Have a wonderful day everyone

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 07:46 AM   #2  

Morning everyone!

Leenie: I hope your appointment goes well. I wish my doctor would make 6 am appointments! Have a great morning!

I'm just enjoying my morning green tea and hard boiled eggs....mmmmmmmmm...lol I have to babysit for my neighbor again today, hopefully this will be the last time.

Have a safe day ya'll!

Hugs
Jules
Loozingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 08:19 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Good luck w/the doc and hope you get alot accomplished at work today

Jules: Neighborhood terror huh? It's gotta be the age. Hope today goes better for you. And the youngests birthday is 11/24. She was born on Thanksgiving day almost 10 years ago. Needless to say--I didn't stay in the hospital long after having her

Well, another day another program Only get to eat 1 egg today instead of 2--the other one fell on the floor. NO WAY would I think of eating that So guess my calorie intake today will be low. hehehe. Was thinking I might need to start cutting down on that to get the scale to move. So I'm going to try and skip my snack After work I have to pick up oldest DD, wait til youngest DD gets home from school then it's off to the orthodentist for the oldest. She's getting close to having to have braces slapped on. Either this month or the next I'm thinking. It's early dismissal day so we have an early appointment. Then I'm not sure what I'm doing for the rest of the day. Watching the Starsky & Hutch movies I rented????
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 09:28 AM   #4  

Morning Brenda!

My birthday falls on Thanksgiving sometimes...I love it! MMMMm....floor eggs are very LC hehe...cause you don't eat em Stay OP chicky!!! You can do it! I read an article recently about super charging the Adkins plan. Maybe there is someting in there I can pass along. I'll have to reread it ...I know it has something to do with varying the amount of carbs you eat, still keeping them low, but making some days lower than others. Evidently it keeps your body from adjusting to the amount you regularly have. Have fun at the ortho, I'm not looking forward to those days at all! I heard Starsky & Hutch was good but I haven't seen it yet. I watched Monster (Charlize Theron) yesterday though and it was the most disturbing movie I have EVER seen.

Where is everyone this morning?

Stay safe!
Hugs
Jules
Old 09-15-2004, 10:26 AM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

HI there ladies!!!

Jules- Good morning, you should see Starsky and Hutch it was a crack up!! But Snoop dogg stole the show as huggy bear. Monster was very sad and to think that it is a true story is very disturbing, I guess it just goes to show people can only abuse themselves or be abused for so long beofer they crack. I watched a biography about the real lady and she had basically been abused all her life and then thrown out when she was 12 or 13 and became a prostitute, I just can't imagine and I am so thankful I don't have a life like that!! But it was very disturbing movie for sure.

B- Awh what the heck if you have the 5 second rule go ahead and eat the egg!! ahahahahahaha Just kidding!!

Good luck at the doctor Leenie!!

Well I am off to work today and then to the gym. I was gonna go to the gym yesterday but my kids were very cranky and definantly not fit for public consumption!! hahahahaha

Have a great day!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:32 AM   #6  
The Princess O' Pets

HEY!!! I am the only person on the food accountability log!! Doesn't anyone wanna come and keep me company??
Old 09-15-2004, 10:41 AM   #7  

Theo's : You have a babysitter at your gym? I have to go to the one on base and kids under 15yr aren't allowed I think I'd go more if I had a sitter....that's just a really bad excuse for me to use though because my kid is old enough to stay home for an hour or two. Have a good one!

Jules
Old 09-15-2004, 11:19 AM   #8  

Good morning....or almost afternoon. I can't believe it is 11:00 and I haven't had a chance to post yet.

OP all day yesterday so hopefully today will be easier. The only thing that I have been doing that makes things a little high is having a clementine. I just HAD to have an orange and since they are so tiny I thought it wouldn't be that bad. But actually when they are gone I am going to go back to no fruit for a while. I need to get off this weight I gained and get back to business.
Yesterday was my 1 year anniversary on Atkins and I am not happy with my progress so far. I am down so much from where I started but I had planned on being at goal by this point. Doesn't matter I guess....when I get there I get there.

Leenie: 6:30am doctors appt! Boy I'm glad I don't work in that office! You could never get me to work at that hour. Hope all goes well.

Jules: Hope the little terror behaves himself today. That is too bad about the gym not letting in kids under 15. Is the gym on the base? You would think that they would know people have younger children and would provide that.

Brenda: We are both being so good this week! I keep my calories around 1200-1500 if possible. It's hard to do sometimes.
I also go with the 5 second rule.....unless it wasn't aready hard boiled

Theo'sgirl: DH and I haven't rented a movie in ages....we just never seem to want to watch one that bad. I think maybe this weekend I will get one. I know that that Tom Hanks movie Lady Killers is out....that one looks like fun.
Have fun at the gym.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 01:22 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

Jules: The changing carb count each day DOES make sense. Now why didn't I think of that? I probably should count the carbs I eat in a day...along with the calories. I don't think I hit over 10 though. I watched the "revised" Starsky & Hutch...still doesn't compare to the old version. Our Movie Madness place has the WHOLE 1st and 2nd season...so I'm getting my DD's into the TRUE movies

TG: Next time your kids aren't fit for consumption...take them to the gym and tie them up to a machine. That way they are controlled and you still get a workout in Sorry about the food accountability. I keep forgetting about it--plus I never remember what I eat. lol

Jane: Congrats on the 1 yr anniversary---and keep up the good work. I think we all need a "break" once in a while to recharge. My problem is...lack of motivation again You can get to your goal weight--I've got faith in that

So far I'm still OP. I skipped my snack (realised I wasn't hungry for snacks--but I was eating them cuz they were there!!!!) and when I came home figured I best eat SOMETHING for lunch cuz it's a long time til supper. So chewed on a couple pieces of jerky my DH made. YUMMY!!! I'm making some venison bacon tonight so I'll have that for lunches tomorrow. So my carb AND calorie count HAS to be down today. It just HAS to be!!!! I'm hoping to see the scale drop soon!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 01:32 PM   #10  

Brenda.....I have been good today too. That makes two days. It will get easier the more days go by. I really really want to hit this goal by Christmas. I may start a Christmas challenge soon so that I can get charged up.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:46 PM   #11  
Somethin's gotta give

Morning everyone!

Leenie-Hope its nothing serious?....I hate going to the doctor and at 6 ANYTHING I'd have to be near death....or maybe I'd just wait till I was dead at then go to the medi center....I hear they do reanimation

Jules- I saw that movie in Paris, it was really sad....I can't believe they got Charlize Theron to look like that!

Brenda- must be something in the air....I was making a flan last night and my smoothie maker started leaking around the pour spout- I moved my hand to move it out of the holder and knocked it over- 5 eggs on the floor *sigh* I guess it's a good thing I buy them by the flat!

TG- we have a daycare at my gym too....unfortunately the cost of putting them there each week is more than my membership costs!

Jane- mine is strawberries, cant wait to get a little more time in so I can have a few!

have a great day Ladies!
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 04:20 PM   #12  

Marie: You teaching this year? I like strawberries too....
Old 09-15-2004, 06:56 PM   #13  
The Princess O' Pets

Awh yes gals I pay for the daycare at the gym it costs the same as my membership everyo month but then I have no excuse not to do it!! hahaha And it's good for the boys to get outta the house and play.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:44 PM   #14  
Somethin's gotta give

Jane- yeah I just got back a couple weeks ago....luckily my class ( all 33 of them) are on a big project so I have time to come here!
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 08:01 PM   #15  

Hope everyone had a great day!

Marie: What do you teach? As I was watching that movie I thought...man, if they can make Charlize Theron look that bad, maybe I can eventually look super hot Ok, I know...but it's my dream

Brenda: I'm so proud of you! You're doing great! I've never had venison bacon, even though my dad was a big hunter, is it good?

Jane: Yeah for staying OP!!! I know you have it in you! Yes, my gym is on base (Fort Polk). It's actually kinda cool because even with everyone being extremely fit here, they never look at me like I'm a big fat chick. Everyone is so supportive

Theo's girl: How'd your workout go today? I'm going to start posting my food on the other thread ...lol...I was looking at it the other day and noticed it was just you so I wasn't sure if I was supposed to post there

I have CPR class tomorrow 8am-6pm. I'd better be able to save someone's life after all that!

Stay safe! Hugs!
Jules