Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 09-06-2004, 11:24 PM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default sick baby news - not as good as we'd like

the latest on the baby: and i can't improve on my goddaughter's words aobut her son - misspellings and all.. don't stop those prayers!!! i think it's make or break time...

Aidan's heart is doing well. Unfortunately, Aidan's lungs are not. He has developed an infection, a kind of pnemonia, in his lungs. In addition to the excess fluid, Aidan is also having to work at breathing against the infection. Because he is still intibated they have increased his ventilator settings so that he has little work to do. He is also getting albuterol to open his lungs up a bit more. Today they also discovered that he has a urinery tract infection and that today's chest x-ray is looking worse than yesterday's. Aidan has been on antibiotics for three days and the doctors are very concerned. It is so hard to come all this way and run into this. If Aidan does not start to respond to the antibiotics he will slowly start to deteriorate over the next couple weeks. Please continue to keep him in your prayers. He is still so far away from coming home and is again in very critical condition. The docto rs will know in the next few days whether Aidan is going to get better. He will be going in for another surgery to place a central line to run medications either Tuesday or Wednesday. Thank you for all your prayers that have carried him this far and please, keep praying for him. I am hopeful he will be home soon.

[I]
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 11:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Prayers to you and yours Jiffy! All my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. That little man is a fighter and with gods will and all of our prayers he will come back strong. We love you Jiff! Hang in there!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:16 AM   #3  

I'm so sorry to read that your Godson isn't doing well. My thoughts and prayers are with him and all who are a part of his life. I know it's hard, but there is still so much hope. I've seen little ones in his place pull through and do just fine (I'm a NICU nurse). If you don't mind me asking, what is his heart problem? He sounds like a sick sick little boy. (((((Hugs))))) to your Godson and all the family.
My4Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:53 AM   #4  

Default Your god(grand)son will be fine

God has everything under control. Your god(grand)son is going to pull through this. My son was two months old when he had a operation to repair his liver. He has a liver disease call biliary atresia. He is 20 months old and is doing good. He took his blood test two weeks ago and the only thing that was wrong is that he is not getting enough K vitamin in his system. When prayers goes up blessings come down. You are doing the right thing about asking for prayers. Prayers changes things. The baby will be fine. I have faith, and when you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will see a change. I questioned God a many of days, especially when my baby stopped breathing because he was alergic to the medication they gave him to stop his seizures. I ask God why my baby. I stopped asking God why my baby and asked Him to save my baby. I learned that you are NEVER to question God. I had the support of God, the hospital staff, family, and friends to carry me through those rough times. You tell your Goddaughter to stay strong, I know it is hard, I have been there. I was wanting to stay at the hospital all the time with my son, especially when he was in NICU, but I was told that I had to take a break. The staff gave me a room at the Ronald McDonald house, I tell you it was hard staying there and not being with my son. I was scared that he was going to have seizures. I informed them that I would stay at the ronald mcdonald house but they had to call me if he had a seizure. He did one time, late at night, I got up went to the hospital and stayed by his side until I felt he was safe. I know it is hard seeing all the tubes and wanting to hold the baby. We got to hold my child a couple of times, my husband was scared because of all the tubes. When you all get through this and he is running around like my child, you will look back on all of this, and you will smile. THE BABY WILL BE FINE. TELL YOUR GODDAUGHTER TO HAVE FAITH, AND YOU HAVE FAITH TOO. GOD BLESS. KISS THE BABY FOR ALL OF US FROM HIS FRIENDS THAT ARE PRAYING FOR HIM FROM THE 3FC
renaanderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 08:33 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Jiffy, please give her loads of hugs and kisses from us and let her know that her little joy is in our prayers. I just can't imagine what she is going thru, I pray I never know.

Father God, please watch over little Aidan and his family, may You comfort them and let them know that You are here for them. Please Father, give the Doctors the knowledge and gentle hands that they need to help heal Aidan. In Jesus Name I Pray.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 09:29 AM   #6  
mom2_5

I will keep Aidan and all those that love him in my thoughts and prayers. Children are stronger than adults and they dont have the negative thought process we adults do. Aidan will pull through this! My 13 yr old. daughter is in remission from cancer(NHL), so I fully understand how devastating it can be to think you could possibly lose your child; A parents worst nightmare.
Many HUGS and KISSES to Aidan!

Kim
wildblue_yonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 03:25 AM   #7  
Word Life

Hi! I'm sorta new around here...well new to this forum anyhow. I'm just checking it out b/c I,along with a freind of mine, have considered WLS and I wanted to get some info on it from people who have either had wls/or are considering it.

Anyhow I just had to post here....becasue I want to say that AIdan and his Family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I know that right now things are rough but I have faith that he will make it through this rough patch.

My friend's now 7yrold daughter was diagnosed with a Malignant Brain tumors at the age of 2 1/2 and they were told she probably would not live to see her 4th birthday.
She turned 7 last January and is very much alive and acts like any normal 7 yrold...if you did not know you'd never guess she was so sick. SHe still has the tumors though they are inoperable therefore they cannot be removed surgically they have...at least for now....been stopped from growing anymore. I'm sure there's some medical term but I'm no doctor and I'm too lazy to look it up.

And....

Just this past Sept 9th another friend of mine went into labor 2mths early and her son weighed barely 3pounds at birth and was taken immediately to NICU. I am happy to report that although he did have to remain in the hospitol nearly 3 weeks after being born he is now at home. SHe took him to the doctor on friday and he now weighs in at 5 pounds 4 oz (or he did then).

This time around things turned out so much better and for that I am thankful.
Just a little over a year ago my friend's sister who also happens to be a friend of mine...sorry if thats confusing. Anyhow she had asked me to be her Child's Godmother when she first learned she was PG so of course I was honored and said yes without missing a beat. Then she had problems went into early labor....and I was in the room and saw the most heartbreaking thing...sobs literally tore from the throat when he was born...still born. It was one of the hardest things I have ever experienced.....
they let us all hold him to say goodbye and I remember holding him as tears streamed down my face. As hard as it was for me though it was just as bad if not worse for his mom/dad so I tried my best to be there for them but it was a tough time. The funeral was rough to get through but in a way it was;nt as tough as that night in the hospitol.....and I think that's becasue by the time the funeral a week later we had all come to terms with his passing on......but that night in the hospitol we were all in shock and just completely over taken with grief. Does that make sense?
The doctors had warned us several times that he probably would not survive...it was a 50/50 chance but we held onto hope and faith until the second he was born.

Now we just look at it is as God needed another Angel in heavan so he called our little one home. This past oct 6th was rough becasue on that day he would have turned 1. We still miss him and always will but we know where he is and thats comforting to us.
April28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 11:00 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

My prayers are with you all
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote