South Beach Diet - Anyone have a weight loss anthem?

View Full Version : Anyone have a weight loss anthem?

tigerlily29
08-27-2004, 06:02 PM
Mine is Pat Benetar's "Invincible". It's a great song to get motivated and lose the weight I so desperately need to lose. My favorite qoute is "Get busy living or get busy dying." That is why I want to lose weight. It's not so much about wanting to be skinny as it is wanting to be happy. When I lost 40lbs before I got pregnant with my little Maya Grace I felt so good for losing it. I want to have that feeling back. It truly does make you feel invincible.

weezle
08-27-2004, 06:13 PM
Victory Theme from Top Gun. You know, the electric guitar at the end of the movie when Tom makes everything better?

Neerr....neer neeeer...neerneerneerneerneeeerr...neerrrr....neer neer neeeerrr... neer neer neeeerrrr...neerrr neer neer neerrr....... (music notes floating)

Also what Terry and I are going to walk into our wedding reception to. :D

LaurieX
08-27-2004, 10:43 PM
Okay, mine is the Ecstacy of Gold performed by Metallica on their S&M album. Originally, it is from the Clint Eastwood movie The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. It's a pretty cool instrumental piece. DH and I used it for our entrance to our wedding reception. It was a toss up between that and the Imperial March from Star Wars. :devil:

Heidi
08-28-2004, 09:39 AM
I always get psyched by "Wild Women" sung by Natalie Cole on the Pretty Woman soundtrack.

Wild women do -
and they don't regret it!

:dancer:

beachgal
08-30-2004, 12:48 PM
Heidi, that's a great song! I love that whole soundtrack! <happy sigh>

Welcome, Tigerlily, great topic! :goodvibes:

Oh wow...I've never thought about this before...if I was going for lyrics, it'd probably be something like Amy Grant's "Baby Baby", since I'm losing this weight to make my body healthy enough to have children. :D As for the type of song that makes my workouts more enjoyable and me more pumped...there are so many good ones! I'm not really sure...I really like the beat on Outkast's "I like the way you move", and it makes me feel sexy. :flame:

Looking forward to reading other's posts!

Ruthxxx
08-30-2004, 01:18 PM
The Theme from Chariots of Fire. Also the Triumphal March from Aida.

beachgal
08-30-2004, 03:53 PM
Ooh! Chariots of Fire! That's awesome!

yaya9577
08-31-2004, 07:56 AM
My weight-loss anthem...ever since I heard the song was Christina Aguilera's "Fighter". I think it's a pretty positive song and I love the beat... as for workout songs... I switch so much---punk, Shania Twain, and Korn (Got the Life)...kinda weird mix, huh?!?! :lol:

beachgal
08-31-2004, 08:27 AM
Yaya, that's a great one!!! :yes: I like that a lot! :jig:

kvixen
08-31-2004, 11:10 AM
My ultimate favorite work out song is It's Raining Men. It just makes me laugh. I envision gorgeous men falling from the sky, with a very satisifed Mother Nature looking on from above. This is especially fun at the gym when I can put faces to the gorgeous men. ;-)

HistoryChick
09-02-2004, 07:51 PM
My favorite work out song is "I need a hero" (i think that's the name) it's fast and has a great beat....I also like it's raining men....lol I have a whole cd i made with a bunch of great songs that just motivate me...and I end it with "One moment in time"

AdiaFaith
09-02-2004, 08:03 PM
Mine is a bit strange for me as I'm the usual Jazz Frank or Celine kinda gal, but mine is "Lose Yourself" by Eminem. It makes me forget about everything except the reasons I'm doing this and it helps me concentrate on my goal. The only rap song I know! :)

smilintwins
09-02-2004, 09:46 PM
...but mine is "Lose Yourself" by Eminem. It makes me forget about everything except the reasons I'm doing this and it helps me concentrate on my goal.

OMG, I have been hesitating responding to this because seriously this and Eminem's "Controversy" are the two songs I like working out to the most. In kickboxing class, I swear I work 2x as hard when Eminem in on. And I don't listen to his music.

Another song for me is "Runaway" by Bon Jovi.

Diamondgrrl7
09-03-2004, 01:11 PM
Jess, "I need a hero" is my fav. workout song too! :)

AdiaFaith
09-03-2004, 02:20 PM
OMG, I have been hesitating responding to this because seriously this and Eminem's "Controversy" are the two songs I like working out to the most. In kickboxing class, I swear I work 2x as hard when Eminem in on. And I don't listen to his music.

Another song for me is "Runaway" by Bon Jovi.

I know, I was hesitant to post as well. I'm NOT the rap type, but he gets a beat going and I can feel it. That's when I hit 6.5 or 7 mph on the treadmill, that's when I do 300 crunches rather than my usual 150. It works for me. Glad to hear there is someone else out there too!

tigerlily29
09-04-2004, 02:03 PM
I'm obsessed with Bob Marley. A lot of people who know this about me assume I'm a big ol' pot head. But really I love his music. His songs are all about love and freedom. I can't be depressed when Bob is telling me everything is gonna be alright. It's great motivational music to just be happy and love yourself.

"Emancipate yourselfs from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."-Bob Marley

jenne1017
09-05-2004, 10:42 PM
My favorite workout song is "I See You Baby [Shaking That @ss]" it's by Groove Armada. Love it. So high and upbeat. When I listen to it, I totally gear up. Perhaps I will listen to it tomorrow at the gym. I hardly ever bring my discman but I think I am going to beed some extra pep.

I too like Pat Benetar TigerLily, especailly the song "Crazy"!

GoldieFun
09-07-2004, 10:10 AM
I also love "It's Raining Men!" Before I moved I went to Jazzercise (we don't have it here:() and we had a GREAT routine to that song -- it was my favorite! I wish someone would open up a Jazzercise here!! Hey, maybe if I get really skinny I will!!! :) Ha!

:) lauren

beachgal
09-07-2004, 04:21 PM
Lauren, I love Jazzercise, too! Did you check their website to make sure they don't have one near you? I'm sure you could be a great instructor whether or not you're skinny! :D

GoldieFun
09-07-2004, 04:57 PM
Laurie -- We live in a town of only 25,000 people, and the next closest town that has a Jazzercise is 50 miles away! Waaaaah!!!!! :( I so wish I coul dgo back there -- I loved it and it really kept me from gaining so much like I have recently.

I joined Curves here but I hate to say it, I think Curves is booooooring and plays horrible music -- nothing like "It's Raining Men!" So, now I am taking yoga once a week. I like it, but it's not enough. I will either just walk or force myself to go back to Curves. I am also considering Martial Arts. We'll see!

:) Lauren