South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 08:04 PM   #1  

Default Arby's

Today was my last day on phase 1. I've really been doing it for 17 days so I decided to have a little treat.

I specifically asked them if they have whole grain wheat and they said yes. We asked several times to make sure. It's not whole grain I don't think. I couldn't find it on their site. All I could find was honey wheat. The first ingredient is bleached enriched flour!

Am I just missing it?

Next time I should just get sourdough or the whole weat tortilla.

How bad did I screw up?
Old 08-21-2004, 07:23 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Don't be hard on yourself, Chicky. Unless and ONLY unless a product is advertised as being 100% whole grain, can you rest assured that there is no processed enriched flour in it. Makes me hopping mad, too b/c a whole lot of folks out there don't know this and it's a sneaky trick the food marketers play.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

If you just asked the employees, they probably didn't know the difference between "wheat bread" (the kind that's nutritionally just like white bread, just a little darker) and "whole grain wheat bread." I don't think any fast food place serves that sort of bread. McDonald's and Arby's and Wendy's do have some tasty healthy salads, though. I'm liking McD's grilled chicken Caesar. They have some vinaigrette dressing that's low-carb, too. So fast food is still edible, for me.
Old 08-21-2004, 05:44 PM   #4  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default Re: Arby's

I want potato cakes Stupid Arby's.
Closed Thread