Old 08-03-2004, 02:23 PM   #1  
Look at me go ;)

Talking Blah Blah Blah

I know I am babbling away on here.

I don't know why but I am really.............alert (I guess would be right word) these last couple of days. Especially in the morning. I'm not like super perky, but I don't feel drowsy and a little more peppy.

Well I guess I do know why but you know what I mean. I don't think I am all the way through withdrawls yet. Even yesterday I had a nasty, constant headache from about 3pm till I went to sleep. I think that was the caffiene

So anywho, I have nobody to talk to here except blue's clues and my 2 year old who only gets so far in conversation and is probably already wondering what Mommy's been smokin So I'm babblin on the boards......

Last edited by Cinnymamma; 08-03-2004 at 06:35 PM.
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 04:06 PM   #2  
Baby Steps

Babble away!!!! I love coming online and trying to get caught up And I remember the days of Blues Clues, Barney and all those lovely Teletubbies and 2 year old "conversations".
I wish I could go back to having energy. Between all the pills I've been taking for my ear/sinus infection (not just the stuff the doc gave me but advil for pain and sinutabs to help ease the stuffiness) and the junk I've eaten I'm always tired. Ah...another reason to stay carb free.
Did I mention I'm hooked on DT coke now?? So far it's only 1 can a day...but how long before it's 2???
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 04:33 PM   #3  
Look at me go ;)

Red face

Awwww Brenda Buck up! Didn't we all find out that a positive attitude was a big key to getting this stuff off? Stop being so hard on yourself. Every change matters, no matter how little. So if you went from 1 to 1/2 a can a day it would make a difference.

You are very important, wonderful, and worthwhile person. I wish that you could see it as much as the rest of us do.

I noticed your comment about not making your labor day challenge, so what? I bet you did something else somewhere instead. I don't know if this would help you or not, but I took out the dates and challenges for me. If I want a challenge, I make sure it's something healthy like drinking my water for the day or getting x amount of miles in this week. This way I don't feel like I am in a race with every one else to meet goals. I don't feel like I failed if I didnt lose enough to get to my goal when other people did.

I didn't put my start date down again either so that I couldn't look at it and go, "wow, I have been on this WOE for 6mo and only lost x amount of weight while everyone else has been on it 3 months and lost the same!)

Think positive! It's not an easy thing to do. Sometimes you have to consciously (SP) make an effort to take every negative thought and find something positive about it. Then it starts to become a habit to think that way.

Sorry for the ramble, I know you didn't ask for all my opinions.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:56 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

OMG. What great advice. Instead of trying to get this all going again I need to work on one thing at a time. I know, once again I blew this WOE tonight. Good intentions went down the drain.
I'll need to start making smaller goals.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:23 PM   #5  
Look at me go ;)

I got it alllllll from the awesome ladies here. It has made a big difference to me this time. Who knew just making those little tiny changes would help me out so much. I got rid of the guilt feelings (well, almost all of them) and decided to focus on what I DID do, instead of what I didn't.

Like I said, you CAN do it. I think that how you think or feel about everything is 70% of the way. Food and excersize make up the other 30% evenly
Old 08-04-2004, 08:38 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Because of the fact that I'm going camping this weekend I've decided I'm going to do my best to be good today and tomorrow. Then allow myself SOME carbs Saturday. We're coming home Sunday so I'm hoping to be back OP then, but it might be easier on Monday. I won't be giving up soda until then though.I was thinking of going up on Thursday already...not sure if I want to yet or not. I should decide cuz I'd have to follow my family up there. I'd get lost. Unless I had DH drive me up. Well, I'll figure THAT one out later.
Thanks for the support!!!