South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 07:18 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Monday, 08/02 Beach Chat

Good morning, Chickies~~

Ok, it's the start of another work week for most of us. How was everyone's weekend?

I mentioned in the August Goals thread that my goal for the month is to stay on program more days than to go off. I stocked up this weekend on celery, salad greens, and plain yogurt. My plan of action is if I feel an urge to snack, I'm going to eat a rib of celery with a smear of cashew butter.

I actually did pretty good yesterday. Wasn't really hungry until lunch time, and we were out and about, so no food til 4:00. DH, DD and I went to Outback, courtesy of DD and SIL in Los Angeles. I had grilled shrimp and a sweet potato. Then, DD wanted dessert...so I ended up having a few bites. :blush:

Hope you all have a great OP day on the Beach

Mamacita
Old 08-02-2004, 07:40 AM   #2  

Morning Chicks!

Hi Mama! I love Outback- YUM!

Very productive day up at school yesterday- I am feeling much more together. We don't have kids until Wednesday, so there are still 2 days for all of the last minute details.

Great eating yesterday until about 9:30. Didn't do major damage, but I need to change this freaking behavior. It is only when DH isn't home, because I would never do my little binges with him here.

Off to chug coffee and get ready for the day. My husband is taking DD to preschool this morning, so that makes getting out of the house easier for me.

Everyone report in with their plans for an OP day. I have lunch and snacks packed- dinner is planned!
Old 08-02-2004, 07:44 AM   #3  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Hi Mama,
SPent the weekend out looking at houses to buy, so our opportunities weren't so regular. Grabbed a Subway turkey and bacon melt wrap...only no cheese and dressing...of course had to have my skinny boo with a sf vanilla shot from Caribou Coffee and dinner was just a salad when we got home at9:30 on saturday. Yesterday was even more messedup....I had a very slice of sour cream coffee cake because it looked so darn good then didn't have any thing until last night for dinner. Went to a friend's house and they served up porterhouse and greek salad. It'was yummy, but I know the steak was much fattier than it I was supposed to eat. Back to the more rigid eating this week. I guess I needed some of the bad things to curb my pms, so I don't feel too guilty.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Sheila
Old 08-02-2004, 08:14 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Not the start of a work week for me! This is Civic Holiday in Ontario. It's called Colonel By Day in these parts since the Col. built the Rideau Canal. It's Simcoe Day elsewhere abd NOT a holiday in Quebec where they have a holiday on June 24 - St Jean Baptiste. It gets very confusing.

Anyhow, I've done very little for the past three days - just PCing, reading and generally loafing about. I think my body is telling me something. Lucy is spending a lot of zzzz time and Hersh is still playing games about being bred. We do more bloodwork on her tomorrow but I suspect we've missed "prime time".

Today I'll do some laundry and puter around in the garden before it gets too hot. I may go out on the lake with the Hyper Pypers which will be stimulating. I guess I can get into a boat if I can get into a bathtub. (Darn knee is still sore but much, much better than last weekend. I still can't do much walking! Whine! Whine!)

How's your Monday shaping up?
Old 08-02-2004, 08:42 AM   #5  

Well we just got back from Houston lastnight. I think I did pretty good whaile I was gone but have not ventured on the scale yet this a,m. A little worried we ate out alot I always got fish or filet and veggies but you just never know what they throw in there that you just did not need.

Starting today my DD and I are getting up for pratice runs for school. The big K starts in 2 weeks so we need to get our routing down without killing each other. I am NOT a morning person at all. Can't believe my DD starts school already. Time flies.

Well will go get lots of food today at the store to stay on program. Also got the SBD cookbook from my mom last week so Cannot wait to try some of those recipies.

Well glad to be back home. Hope you all are doing well. Got to go do a load of lundry.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:17 AM   #6  

I had a great OP day yesterday. The pool party had lots of bad snacks but there were also lots of fresh vegetables. I brought fat free hot dogs and WW SF hot dog buns and had two hot dogs with lots of squash and other fresh vegetables. I even stayed away from the dip. Drank one Diet Coke. Left the cookies and chips alone. Walked 30 minutes yesterday. And I'm up 1 1/2 pounds this morning!! Maybe I didn't drink enough water?

I'm off work this week so maybe I can do something to get the scale moving in the right direction. I wanted to get the plateau broken but not upwards
Old 08-02-2004, 09:29 AM   #7  

Hi everyone. I am having a hectic day....it began with me rushing the cat to the vet as she could not breathe, getting the vet to open the surgery early and getting Madge (the cat) in to an oxygen tent! Poor Madge! I dont know what is wrong. She had a piece of grass removed from her throat last week and seemed to be recovering well for two days and then whoosh, decline. Fingers crossed here. She is at the vet, being well looked after and they are 'seeing how she responds to steroids and antibiotics'. I think that means they are waiting to see if she dies. They think the anasthetic last week may have exacerbated a pre existing unknown lung condition. But they dont really know. And she does not seem to have any fight. That is the scary bit.

Hope you are all faring better where you are.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:08 AM   #8  
RNMOM

Default Hello ya'll

Sounds like you're all having a great time. Good luck with the cat Clovey. I just love cats.

Mama, your dinner at Outback sounded yummy! Good goal, stay OP more than off.

Ruth, sounds like a fun week in your neck of the woods. Poor canine, though. Maybe there is some performance anxiety going on.......

Skherb, I can remember when my DD went to school for the first time......sniffle......now she's an ICU nurse in Texas......ya, time flies!

Barb, the plateau will break, sometimes it takes forever (feels like anyway).Way to eat the good snacks at the pool.

Shequila, good luck on the house hunting. Is it fun? I'm glad I'm not doing something like that.

Kiko, way to have dinner and lunch preplanned and prepared. I do so much better at work when I don't have to be tempted. I just eat my food.

Well, my last two weeks of horrendous work and overtime are over. I feel drugged this morning. We were sooooo busy all weekend, there was NO time to eat or sit. One of the nurses brought in some brownies and another one pulled out a huge bag of peanut M&M's! Evil people I work with.

One thing about eating right is that it isn't fast. You don't gulp down a salad. At work, sometimes the only time you get to eat is when you inhale something going from one patient room to the next. Fresh veggies and salads are not fast food. I was so hungry all weekend! If you ever come across a cranky nurse, it's probably because she hasn't had time to pee or eat, much less sit. I don't know if OSHA laws apply to nurses but they should. Most jobs you have to have a 15 minute break every 4 hours and a 30 minute lunch. We don't get that most days. But I wouldn't do anything else. I love the ER.

Anyway, I didn't eat M&M's or brownies. I drank a big glass of water and ate my salad by the forkful, it only took 3 hours

Looking forward to a few days off. I'm going to be washing windows and painting and deep cleaning. Hope you all have a great day.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:16 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default Interesting day.....

Morning everybody. Yesterday was a bit of a rough day.....went boating with Mom, Dad, brother, and brother's girlfriend (that's not the rough part.) Got off the lake and I look like this. I am FRIED. I had the worst time sleeping last night because first I was FREEZING, then I was hot, and it stings. My forehead has already blistered and oozed. I don't need the sunscreen lecture....already got it from my mother. I planned on wearing some, but by the time we got out and I ate lunch and then remembered to put it on, we only had like 15 minutes left out there.

Then, went out to eat for Mom's Surprise 50th Birthday Party. Everyone had jalapeno poppers, tater tots, nachos, pizza, fries, etc. Plus all the beer!!!! And birthday cake..... be very proud of me. I had a taco salad, skip the shell. Oh, and a glass of water. I wanted some greasy food and beer SO BAD though. As tempted as I was just to have a half of a glass of beer, I thought about how much I've lost and how far I have come....I'm almost ready for Phase 2, and after 3 weeks of Phase 1, I'm not ready to throw it all away and start over.

Well, off to work I go. My new assistant starts today. Wish me luck! Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:37 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all.

Feeling a bit frustrated, but August is another month. I've been to the gym for 4 straight days now, and going again tonight I think. Only thing is that the scale keeps getting higher. I am not eating differently (maybe something bad once in a few days) so I just don't get it. Can I be bulking up so much as to show a 5 lb. gain in a week?!?!

Anyway, happy August. Work will be busy this week as we have a board meeting. Ugh.

Talk to you all soon (namely when I get home and on the computer

Jenn
Old 08-02-2004, 10:40 AM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Great job Weezle!~
Old 08-02-2004, 10:43 AM   #12  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Good morning ladies. I get to go with my grandmother today to do a final pick on a baby crib and they are gonna put it on layaway. (It's too early to just outright buy it, but they want to do it so badly that I told them to put it on layaway! They're so silly!) I can't blame them for being excited though. It's just hard for me to get excited because I am still afraid something could go wrong.

Clovey I am so sorry to hear about you cat. I adore my cat (he's a needy big 'ol tomcat though). My thoughts are with you. If the vet would let you, I would try to go visit her.

I can't say I am gonna have an OP day because OP is much different for me than for you guys. I have to eat more sugar than you guys or else I get dizzy. Doc says its normal because my body gives all the calories to the baby that she needs. I try to get my sugar in fruit and yogurt (of course it doesn't always happen that way!). I also refuse to eat anything with artificial sweeteners. I know there is no proof either way on how it affects a baby, but I'd rather err on the side of caution. I am jonesing for coffee but I am staying away from caffeine as well! You can't do anything when your pregnant! Oh well, I just tell myself the end result is worth the sacrifice.

It sounds like for the most part, everyone had a great weekend. Let's keep that rolling through the week!
Old 08-02-2004, 10:49 AM   #13  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Jenn, don't give up. Your body will go through these periods with the scale. Stick to what you already know... exercising is a step in the right direction just like eating healthy is. Ignore the scale and go by how your clothes fit. What you are doing now is what has helped you lose 56 pounds thus far...it can't be wrong!
Old 08-02-2004, 11:43 AM   #14  
Peanut's Mom

Well, I'm glad to hear that other people had a good SBD weekend, because I just fell apart this weekend. Couldn't pass up Gram's home cooked meals on Saturday, brunch with the In-Laws yesterday and a birthday dinner party last night with not just one, but THREE fantastic cakes. Fortunately, today is Monday. It's a new week and I've come to work armed with my red pepper strips and a hard boiled egg.

I've been feeling depressed for the past few days, insatiably hungry and really bloated. My pre-pregnancy pants were feeling tight all weekend and I know I didn't do THAT badly! Wonder if it's gonna be my TOM early again. Has anyone else had a problem with that? I've been about a week and a half early the last two times and I'm on the pill. If I've been that irregular, would it be possible that my pill has been ineffective and I've gone and gotten knocked up? That was the last time I can remember feeling like this.

Otherwise, I've been doing very well with exercising: I walk or bike for 30 minutes in the morning and then lift weights or take a class at the gym over my lunch break. I've found that exercising is really energizing for me and it does wonders for my self-esteem.

Clovey: I'm very sorry to hear that your cat is not well. My cat went into respiratory arrest and passed away very unexpectedly a few years ago. The vet could not figure out what triggered it. She was about eight years old and not in bad shape at all. I hope your furry friend pulls through!

Jennie527: Congrats! The new bundle of joy will certainly be worth all the sacrifice!

jenne1017: Hang in there! Is it possible your scale is off? DH dropped mine and didn't fess up until I was having a heart attack at putting on 14 lbs in a week!

Ruth: Sorry to hear your knee is still bothering you. Have you taken anything for it like Celebrex or Vioxx or some other COXII inhibitor? I've heard that they can be very helpful for relieving joint-related pain.

Ah, back to the grind! Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-02-2004, 01:27 PM   #15  

Good afternoon friends -

Not much time to post. The twins are asleep and I have a sitter coming shortly. Off to get a filling replaced and my front tooth repaired (chipped it when younger, its bonded and the bonding has cracked). If they are on time, think I might sneak in a pedicure while I have a sitter!!

OP/Not OP depends on the day. New month, new commitment.

Jenn - if you are exercising then you are losing more water. Have you increased your intake? Cause your body might have been used to its routine and is hoarding fluids to keep you hydrated with the extra muscle movement. Just an idea...

I have about 1000 things I want to post to everyone, but gotta go get rid of some clutter around here before the sitter arrives. Carpet cleaners coming tomorrow (I have one room 12x18 with carpet...how does it get so stinking dirty??!!)
Closed Thread