South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 05:51 AM   #1  

Default Plateau

Well, I think I've hit a plateu (sp?). I've been doing Phase 1 for 2 weeks 1 day (maybe a bit more) and I've stayed the same weight over the past few days. I even went up one lb. I got down to 9st then went back up to 9st 2.. I feel like all my hard work is coming undone. Should I just go onto Phase 2? I'm so unsure of what to do, and confused.. I really want to Phase 1 for a third week...
Old 07-30-2004, 06:35 AM   #2  

I would move right on to Phase 2. I think your body is stalled for several reasons-

1. You are young.
2. You have very little to lose. (How tall are you? 126 lbs. seems to be a very healthy weight)
3. The SBD way of eating is really set up for a 2 week rapid weight loss and then slower, consistent loss.
4. If you are not eating enough on Phase 1 you may be stalled b/c your body is hanging on to every morsel of food you are giving it.

Good luck!
Old 07-30-2004, 07:41 AM   #3  

So if I move onto phase 2 my body should kickstart, get back on track and start loosing weight again, just more slowly?
Old 07-30-2004, 08:20 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Cobalt... I'm sorry... I can't remember... are you exercising? I know you want to tone up, and there's no better way to do that than a few weights and some aerobic activity. If you're not already exercising, now would be a good time to start. You'll really noticed a difference in your body.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:23 AM   #5  

Yep, I'm exercising. I get 30 mins cardio a day (Tae bo, exercise bike, cycling, dancing) or sometimes even one hour of two things. I do 35 sit ups in the morning, 35 at night. I lift small dumbell weights when I can. I did try to devise a toning programme but I only stuck with it for about a week, and found out my best bet was just to get my cardio every day and do a few sit ups I'm very annoyed about this sudden weight gain, though
Closed Thread