Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 08:09 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's.....(#98)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Old 07-16-2004, 08:55 AM   #2  

Sherry and Carol, I think we all get that "blah" feeling sometimes. It seems we just don't have a lot of contribute and nothing exciting is happening. Sherry, you've been SO busy getting your house ready and now that it's done, you may be in a "let down" phase. Just enjoy that pool and relax before time to head back to school. Carol, you better get some rest before that 15th grandchild gets here!!!

Shelly, I'll have to second what Gayle wrote.......would love to join you but, probably not gonna happen! hahaha

Well, just wanted to check in before my work day begins. Check back later.....
Old 07-16-2004, 09:23 AM   #3  

Hey everyone! I've been keeping up with y'all's posts, just been to crazed to settle down to type lately. Plus, I got "new" nails when we went to Dallas and can't quite type like I'd like to with them yet.

That trip was great. I spent money like I actually had money to spend We got pedicures and manicures, I got my hair cut SHORT and we got to the 1st mall we went to on the day that Dillards put their summer clothes on clearance. Wonderful!!

Last week-end, Stewart and I spent the week-end together. He's been acting really good/sweet since I told him that I didn't think I'd ever want to marry him (about 1 month ago). I just don't love him "that way." I told him that since we've been together for so long and those feelings haven't developed, I'm not sure if they ever will. I also told him that we could still date, but that if another woman comes along that he sees as a potential romantic interest, that he shouldn't pass up an opportunity because of loyalty to me. That was hard to say, and I'm sure that it'll be hard to live w/too, if it happens, but I can't hold on to him just for my security. Anyway, since that conversation, he's been trying REALLY hard to "win" me by treating me like the princess that he's known all along that I am . I've tried to make it clear that it's not going to make a difference in my wanting to get married, because I kind of feel guilty when he treats me so good (I'm not used to it ) Last week-end we went to Tunica to eat and gamble a little on Friday night. We spent the night in a hotel down there. Then on Saturday we went to Memphis and walked Beale Street. We ate at BB King's--I had ribs and they were DELICIOUS! Then we went home and just hung out on Sunday morning.

On Sunday afternoon I took my niece shopping for back-to-school. Y'all. Let me tell you about this child. She is 13 years old and so totally unpretencious (I know I misspelled that). She could care less about labels and has had to wear hand-me-downs and donated clothes almost all of her life. She is so easy to please, but so hard to shop for, because she looks at the price of EVERYTHING!! She kept doing that on Sunday, and she wouldn't get any of the clothes she really liked because she said they cost too much. I finally told her to "stop looking at the prices and just look at the clothes!" We also found this really nice sales girl in the Jr. department to help us. Anyway, I bought her tons of clothes (shirts/jeans) and then we went over to the underwear section of the store. There, I had her fitted for a bra (she never had been) and got her the necessary items to go under the new clothes. That child. When we got home, she modeled all the clothes for my mom and dad--her grandparents (her mom and dad had already gone back home)--and then she folded them all up and put them away to save for school. I'm so selfish. I bought her all those clothes and she was so proud of them, but I did it more for me than for her. I've been wanting to take her shopping for a very long time, and it was just as rewarding as I thought it would be. It really feels good to do something like that for someone who will truly appreciate it.

Next week I'll be in Omaha, NE for work training. Getting to ride that bus through Kansas, finally I'm looking forward to that. Then I'll be back in the office for a week and the week after that I'll be training in Little Rock. I was slightly perturbed about the Little Rock training. The gov't scheduled a nat'l training in LITTLE ROCK! Really--do people from Hawaii want to come to Little Rock? I'd like to go some place I don't get to go very often, if ever, not to a place I go to/through almost every other week! Oh well, at least I'll get to stay in a hotel for a week.

Between all of the pseudo-excitement in my life and all of the eating as a result of it, I've lost no more weight. Luckily I haven't gained any back, either, but if I don't change my ways soon, I'm sure I will!! No exercise, either! Shelley is keeping us afloat on the July thread, thank goodness!!

Enough about me!

Carol--congrats on the new baby! 15 grandkids! Whew--I'll bet the holidays are fun at your house! Are y'all seeing any of the positive impact from the rise in milk prices? They're looking good down here in the south.

Gayle--you're work is always so beautiful. I hope you do well at the craft show!

Sherry--glad you're finally settled into your house.

Debbie--what's you're next countdown gonna be?

Jennelle--Sr. year's still just as expensive as I remember. Just think of all those college years to come!!!!!

Shelley--Keep up the great work on the exercise thread. Maybe I'll get back around there eventually.

Ramona--enjoy your baby! I hope your remodeling goes quickly and smoothly! I'll think of you on Sunday when the bus pulls out of Morrilton. Yeah, I know you're in Russellville, but close enough.

Hello to all the rest of my Floozie friends--Vicki, Tina, Doni, Titan Dee (if you ever lurk around anywhere!). Hope I didn't leave anyone out--if I did, my sincere apologies!!

Cheryl
Old 07-16-2004, 01:40 PM   #4  

Cheryl, good to hear from you. What are the dates you will be in Little Rock? I have three classes there at #1 Capital Mall: One on July 23, One on August 10,11,12 and one on August 31 through Sept 2. Where is your training session? It sure would be great if we could actually meet!
Old 07-16-2004, 02:07 PM   #5  

Hey Ramona!

I'll be in LR from August 2nd-6th for the 1st week of my training. They haven't scheduled the 2nd week yet. Or if they have, they haven't told us. They're bad about that sometimes. Yes, I think it'd be great if we were there at the same time--we could do lunch or something!

Cheryl
Old 07-16-2004, 04:02 PM   #6  

Cheryl-That was so sweet of you to buy your niece all of those clothes. I'm sure she will think of how wonderful you are everytime she takes them out to wear them.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:10 AM   #7  

HI!!
Cheryl that was so sweet of you to do that for your niece. She sounds like a great girl. I agree I think she will be thankful she has you everytime she wears them.

Sherry I have been having that Blah feeling a lot lately. I am trying to shake them. Can you believe school will be starting soon! It seems like summer just began and it is almost over.

Me and my dad played Bingo in Franklin, KY tonight. He is trying everything he can to stay busy. I had fun it was the first time I had played. Didn't win but the lady in front of me won $550. I thought that was great but she said that was just breaking even. She had already spent over $500!! Me and my dad spent $26 and that included our snacks.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Tina
Old 07-18-2004, 04:03 PM   #8  
Losing it!

Tina, it's so nice of you to spend the extra time with your dad right now.
I'm sure he appreciates it!

Shelley, are you finished with the painting? It's always more more work then we think when planning a makeover. How far is Lake City from you?

Ramona, how did the BBQ turn out? I bet your dad enjoyed having all of you there. when will Dan be leaving?

Cheryl, you are such a sweetheart!!!! You always bring a smile to my face. I bet your niece loves her new clothes from her special auntie!!!! Would you like to adopt me??? LOL!

I am staying 40-50 percent OP, I need to get serious and get this weight off, once and for all. I am sick of wearing huge clothes, feeling fat and out of shape. I don't know why I seem to let myself get to this point. I'm not going to follow any certain plan other then to choose healthy foods and stay within my calorie limit.

I hope all of you are having a nice weekend!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2004, 05:47 PM   #9  

Gayle-Lake City is about 5 hrs away (I think.) We went through there a couple of times when I used to go with my girlfriends on vacations. We love Skeeter's Big Biskits!! Are you going to Lake City for some reason? I painted my kitchen a very pretty color of blue, but still need to get behind the fridge. It is quite a bit different from the light colored wall paper that was in there. It looks really pretty. I've hung up some of my collector plates in the kitchen, since they match the color so well. My next task will be my bathroom. I think I want to paint is either a brownish gold or hunter green.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:10 AM   #10  
Losing it!

Shelley, your kitchen sounds pretty. I bet the plates really dress the walls up. Hmmmm...at first hunter green sounded good for the bathroom, but yet I could see a brownish gold really making it look rich. How about a dark, rich cocoa brown with gold accents? I have always wanted to paint a room in really dark walls. I was just curious about Lake City. I received a phone call from there around 11:00 last night. My X's biological sister (who he has never met) called me, wanting to know if I knew anything about his whereabouts. We visited for awhile, but I have a hard time trusting anyone with a connection to him. She now wants me to send her pictures of the girls, Steve and myself.
Old 07-19-2004, 06:11 AM   #11  

Ooh, Gayle. I like the cocoa brown. My tile is beige marbled. I think brown would be beautiful! That way, I could still use my peach colored towels and such.

I have a nook in my kitchen that I need new cushions for, or to get mine recovered. It looks like it's an odd size. I have been checking the Net, but I guess I'll have to see about either getting them recovered in town or get new ones. They are brown plastic right now and torn. I want to get fabric.
Old 07-19-2004, 06:55 AM   #12  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Okay, ladies, when y'all are done redecorating, come to my house and start! Do you know how long it took me just to get my husband to lay new tile in the kitchen? A YEAR. The tile sat - in boxes - in our kitchen for a year! Now, it's finally laid and has been for about six months, but is it grouted yet? Nope! I don't know how to do it, otherwise I'd do it myself.

We also need to tear down the old paneling in the front room and put up drywall and paint. We desperately need new carpet. We need to tear down the horrible old cabbage rose wallpaper and faux brick in the kitchen (the lady who decorated before us was, to put it nicely, design-challenged!).
Old 07-19-2004, 09:22 AM   #13  
Losing it!

OOOHHH..... Shelley, I'm seeing cocoa/hot chocolate colored walls with cream or ivory towels and shower curtain. :-) Don't forget the vanilla candles...

Jennelle, are we married to the same person? Must be a clone thing going on. Steve just mentioned needing to get to a repair job I asked him 6-8 weeks ago to do for me. I bet it will be another 3 weeks or so before I see any action. I heard filling in tiles is fairly easy, just mixing the grout to the right consistancy and making sure to clean off the tile surface from any residue. Of course, it alway's sounds easier on television or reading out of a book. :-) I need new carpet too...
Old 07-19-2004, 11:27 AM   #14  

Hello

Sorry ya'll.....I have not ran away! I have been so down & upset about not being OP anymore . I have gained back 6 lbs. I was 168 now I'm 174. I even had to change my chick from 20 lbs. to 15 lbs. loss. I should have been here daily for your love & support instead of being down on myself!

Today is a new day and a new beginning! I'm going to try to be 75%-100% OP daily. If I mess up I'm not going to "pig-out " everyday after! I'll just do better the next day.

I'm really enjoying my new home. I NEVER thought I would be bored in the summer but now I am!! With everything cleaned, painted and put up..there's never nothing to clean {yet}. I've been spending most days at my next door neighbors pool. And also Drew just finished up summer school.

I'll be back on later to post to everyone. Just wanted to explain why I haven't been on.

I love you all......BIG HUGS!!!
Old 07-19-2004, 01:43 PM   #15  
Losing it!

Sherry, don't get so down on yourself. We are all here and care. I shouldn't have my 15 pound chick anymore, but I didn't want to bother you in removing it if I couldn't figure it out. I almost emailed you a few days ago to let you know I wouldn't be posting here anymore, I was feeling like no one really cared anymore plus I can't seem to get motivated. I know we are all so busy with our lives and it's hard to get here to post. I'm very guilty of it.

I do have a suggestion, what do you all think about starting a "before" photo album? It could be a current pic and as we lose weight we would add our progress pics? Ramona for example, could post her top weight pic along with her current one. Maybe this would help with motivation?
Closed Thread