Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2001, 08:41 PM   #1  
Determined Chick!

Does anyone make use of the WW (or other type) of electronic food scale? I treated myself to one after having an OP week. It is very helpful for weighing meat portions, dry pasta for recipies, etc.. But I know I read a thread some time back about how people use it to make to program easier (ex: don't measure peanut butter in tablespoon, but place bread on scale, reset to zero, and spread PB until it measures the serving size -- those types of hints) However, I find myself completely brain dead when it comes to measurements:

Ex: If I wanted to weigh a bunch of grapes rather than measure them out in a 1C measure, what weight should they be?

The Peanut Butter serving size is in grams and not ounces. I can reset my scale for grams on the bottom, but is there an easier way?

Any suggestions are welcome!

Holly
Old 03-01-2001, 08:49 PM   #2  

I use mine all the time and do just as you said - I put my bowl (or whatever) on before I turn it on and then weigh in my ingredient. I even use it to weigh out salad dressing - that way, I can pour it right from the bottle instead of first putting it in a measuring spoon and then putting it on. I think you'll find that most package foods give gram weights instead of ounces - I just use the gram measurer and reset my scale. As far as grapes or other things like that that I don't have the weight equivalent of, I use the eyeball measurement system described in the week one booklet or use a cup. I love my scale though and would rather use it!
Closed Thread