South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 08:38 AM   #1  

Default Needed: Your quickest easiest SB Lunches and Dinners!

I am a busy gal as we all are and desperately need to make this as simple as possible so if you have any tips along with your recipe ideas that would be great. I know that there is a recipe section but I want to know which are your easy throw together meals. THanks in advance ladies.

BTW I have lost 17lbs on this and did it well for 5 weeks. I have been off for appx a month and everytime I try to get back into the swing I seem to use TIME as an excuse so I am just attempting to simplify the plan. I am grocery shopping on Sat. so I thought I would get some ideas.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:45 AM   #2  

Nothing is easier than throwing a lean steak or peice of chicken or salmon on the grill (or the broiler) and serving a salad with it!

From the recipe section here, I guess my faves for being fairly quick and tasty would be the Fireside White Bean Soup and the Beef & Cheese Roll Ups.

Tuna sandwiches work well on Phase 2 and 3. Had one last night.

For lunch I like roll ups - I use lunchmeat, mozarella slices and fresh raw spinach (you could use any veges, like pepper slices).

Breakfast is easy - a few eggs or egg beaters, some raw spinach (can also had some lean breakfast meat) thrown together in a bowl and microwaved for 2-3 minutes. Lay a peice of mozarella on top and nuke for another 40 seconds and you have a great breakfast.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:11 AM   #3  
Chickpea

On Ph. II the easiest dessert for me is instant SF puddings. I also get stuff from Trader Joe's, and places that have prepared salads. I make my own quick salad dressing with lemon juice, red wine vinegar, & canola or olive oil & black pepper & sometimes nu salt (salt sub).

I suppose you could also buy cooked chicken breasts & beggies from deli places and supermarkets. But these are more costly. Costco (member stores) may have frozen chicken breasts. I get their giant bag of frozen broccoli, squash, & cauliflower & carrots, but dump the carrots. Microwaving this is very fast.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:11 AM   #4  
Chickpea

Veggies, not beggies!!
Old 07-19-2004, 11:29 AM   #5  

I'm just finishing up Phase 1 and I'm doing this as a vegetarian so substitute if you need to!

My husband makes a ton of chili at a time and then I either take a small bowl of that for lunch or I take a few tablespoons worth on top of a veg. Italian Sausage or soy dog. with some FF shredded cheese.

Or a spag. sauce/garlic/tomato/red pepper flakes sauce I make goes good over the fake dogs & sausages too! And all of it is SO easy to throw in tupperware in the morning and heat up at work!
Old 07-19-2004, 11:40 AM   #6  
Peanut's Mom

Default Quickie Lunches

I buy Morningstar Farms and Boca burgers and bring them to work in tupperware. Nuke 'em for the appropriate time and toss a piece of FF cheese on top. My favorite is Morningstar Farms' Black Bean Burger...no condiments needed. Also, there's a whole selection of precooked meats available. I just toss some on top of a salad...left over steak or chicken from the grill is good too. For breakfast, I sometimes have LF cottage cheese w/ SF preserves. DH likes his w/ salt & pepper instead.

Good luck Grace150! You can do it!
Closed Thread