Old 07-14-2004, 06:38 PM   #1  
Living the Laguna life...

Default Newbie!

Hi guys!
Quick history...i am 20 yrs old and started "dieting" 2 years ago...i have since lost 27 pounds, but have only lost 2 pounds in the past year....so i need some help!! i was drawn to this community because everyone seemed so supportive and helpful, and i need some encouragement!

i saw lots of people on the site talking about eating 6 meals a day...what do you usually eat? i have problems not eating all morning except for breakfast and then working out at lunch or after i leave the office...

my worst cravings are for sweets and coffee (i love grabbing starbucks on the way to the office) any suggestions? my other big problem is my boyfriend...he is really against me dieting, and it is an issue when he wants to go out to eat...i know he loves me for what i look like right now, but i want to feel better about myself...what do i do?

i am hoping that i will be able to drop some pounds over the summer when i have time to concentrate on what i am eating and to workout

thanks so much everyone!

michelle

start weight: 191
current weight: 164
goal weight: 140
(summer goal: 154)
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 09:56 AM   #2  

Michelle! It's great to have you join us! As far as food goes, watch your portions!! And whatever food plan you choose, make sure it's one that you can enjoy and savor while eating. Taking smaller bites and making sure your mouth is empty before taking another bite are good tips for the "mechanics" of eating.

As far as your boyfriend goes. Make sure he knows how you feel about your body--not just your appearance, but your health. I'm about the same weight as you and I know that I don't feel like I did in high-school; of course part of it is just aging, but I know most of it is excess weight. Give him specifics about how your body feels to you. (ex: when I bend or kneel for only 30 seconds, it feels like my circulation is restricted in my legs.) If he's smart, he'll love the fact that you want to improve your physiological health, not just your appearance.

Press on!
deeloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 11:42 AM   #3  

Thank you so much! I will definitely try what you suggested...thanks for the advice! <hug>
Old 07-15-2004, 11:50 AM   #4  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Miss Michelle!!!

What is the name of the band that sings that song? "Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy!" I just heard it for the first time this past weekend! The guys in the band are cute!

BTW, welcome aboard, and good luck on your weight loss journey!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 06:54 PM   #5  

Hey there!
It's by a band called Big & Rich...I've am obsessed with country, and I've never heard of them before! They must be new on the scene...i'll have to check out their picture!!
Old 07-16-2004, 12:00 PM   #6  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Thanks Girly!

I think Rascal Flats??? are pretty cool, and cute 2!!!

LOL, I'm boy crazy!!!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 12:29 PM   #7  

Hi Miss Michelle,

I'm having a similar problem with my bf at the moment. I recently some weight which has made a big difference - both to my appearance and my confidence - but my bf is having problems adjusting to the 'new me'. He loved me as I was before, but has admitted that he finds me even more attractive now and that this along with my new-found confidence about myself makes him feel insecure. Why, I can't understand, but I'm trying. Maybe this is part of the problem with your bf?

I'm just trying to reassure my bf that although I look different on the outside I'm still the same on the inside (though admittedly a lot happier) and therefore he's got nothing to worry about. Maybe you could try to explain to your bf that losing the excess weight will make you feel happier about yourself and that you are sure that he wants what's best for you....
Strawberry Shortcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 01:32 PM   #8  

I've not really had much experience with guys (ive only ever had one boyfriend), but i've read about this before. Often when woman lose a lot of weight and start looking and feeling better it radiates to all the people around them and they start getting noticed more by other people. Often their significant other, will get insecure because they think their girlfriend/wife will leave them for someone else. Which would have been less likely when they were heavier.

I hope that sheds a little light on this topic...
Alexisa is offline   Reply With Quote