South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 01:19 PM   #1  

Default Having a Bad Day...

I have just started my second week of Phase 1 and today is the first day that I truly wanted to give up.
We had a pizza lunch at work and my GOD I wanted a slice of pizza SO bad! I am just so bored with the options I have in Phase 1 (doing a vegetarian style phase 1)!!! A few days ago we had ice cream cake here and I had no desire to indulge at all, but today for some reason I just wanted to cry because I couldn't grab a slice!
Please tell me it gets better in Phase 2!!
Old 07-14-2004, 01:31 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Saartje, it DOES get better, much better, in Phase 2! Phase 1 is really hard, but honestly, the difficulty of it helps me stay away from cheats on Phase 2. I know I don't want to have to go back to it!!!

You can totally do this, girl! Indulge your pizza craving by having the Portabello Pizzas from the cookbook (or just google "portabello pizzas"...you'll find a ton of recipes). You'll feel a lot better!

Old 07-14-2004, 02:23 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saartje
I have just started my second week of Phase 1 and today is the first day that I truly wanted to give up.
Girl, just hang on... it will get so much easier, and once you see the numbers on the scale get smaller and smaller, you won't want to cheat so much! (I think we'll always want to cheat -- that's how we got here in the first place! But it does get easier, and if I'm having a REALLY hard time, I just think of how good it felt to put on a top that was too tight, 9 pounds ago!)
Old 07-14-2004, 02:25 PM   #4  

You can do this! I ate Eggplant Pizzettas on Phase 1 and they were pretty good.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:49 PM   #5  

Take it day by day!!! Also, vary your menus and try some of the recipes from the book. That helps keep me on track and even when I went to Phase 2, alot of the recipes I made were from Phase 1. You can do this!!!!
Old 07-14-2004, 03:50 PM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hang in there -- it's so much harder to get back on that horse if you are still in Phase 1! I am getting back on tomorrow -- was in Phase 2 for a while and fell off this week.

Hang in there!
Old 07-14-2004, 04:47 PM   #7  

It gets better and better. I promise. I went away for a while and am back to SBD. And I maintained my weight loss without giving up hardly anything. This is a way of life, not a diet.

And if you need encouragement...look to your own statistics. 10 pounds gone!! You can do this. It will pay off.

And I am going to try the Portabello Pizzas everyone is talking about, we can try them together!!
Old 07-14-2004, 06:08 PM   #8  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saartje
We had a pizza lunch at work and my GOD I wanted a slice of pizza SO bad! I am just so bored with the options I have in Phase 1 (doing a vegetarian style phase 1)!!! A few days ago we had ice cream cake here and I had no desire to indulge at all, but today for some reason I just wanted to cry because I couldn't grab a slice!
I too just started my second week of phase 1 on Monday...and I have to tell you....It definitely gets better. I had a tough couple of days and believe me I totally wanted cafe mocha or hot chocolate, but then I thought about getting into my closet full of clothes that I spent alot of money on. It helps me when I get an urge to cheat. Figure out what really motivated you to start and keep that in focus when you get the urge to cheat or give up. Today I feel the best I have in a long time. I somehow have an extra skip in my stride if you know what I mean.

I promise you can do this! We all can.
Old 07-14-2004, 06:57 PM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I haven't been on the diet more than a few days, but I do empathize, as I too am a vegetarian. I haven't found too many problems yet, but like I said, I'm only a few days in. I am all about Boca products and Morning Star Farms! Those and Egg Beaters, too. I admit to have been eating a lot more salads, but I don't really mind. Are you lacto-ovo or just straight vegan?
Old 07-14-2004, 09:02 PM   #10  

I'm re-starting this diet and just wanted to wish you the best of luck! Phase 1 got easier for me each day and I hope it does for you too. (I had problems with phase 2!)
It will be SO worth it!
Old 07-14-2004, 09:22 PM   #11  
RNMOM

Default Hang on

Boredom is a bad thing. I've struggled with that too. I'm not sure I will ever get over the temptation, but it's been worth it to say no!
Old 07-16-2004, 12:10 AM   #12  

You can totally do this! You have made it this far ! I think that if you are discouraged go into your closet and pick out something that use to be tight before and put it on! You are a success, 10 lbs down already .
I understand I am in Phase1 still myself, and boredom is your enemy. Don't think about what you can't have think about all the things you can have.
Good Luck!
Mindy
Old 07-16-2004, 12:28 PM   #13  
Peanut's Mom

Default Every day is different!

Some days it's easy and some days it's hard, but hang in there and you will reap the rewards! Just stay focused on your goals! They are completely achievable.

Someone said something about cafe mocha??? I had one this morning: coffee w/ steamed skim milk, 1tsp SF cocoa powder and 5 drops sugar substitute. Not Starbucks, but it was a real pick me up on an otherwise downer of a day!
Closed Thread