Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 07-09-2004, 12:45 PM   #1  
Hang In There

Default Good thoughts and prayers, Please

I just talked to a very good friend a few minutes ago, and the last time I had talked to her, she had been to the WLS seminar and was putting in for insurance approval. It's been less than a month since I talked to her, and her surgery is scheduled for the 22th!! OF THIS MONTH!!! like in less than 2 weeks. She is a very private person, does not have a spouse/SO in her life, only one son who is away at college, and not many close friends. She is having lap RNY and the same doc that did ole Alvin's is going to do it. I had planned to be with her at the hospital during her surgery, but the day before is the day we leave for our business trip to PA, and we will be gone for 2 weeks. As I said her son has classes, her other close friend has a seminar she can't get out of, and I'm going to be out of town. That means that she will be in the hospital with no one around if something goes wrong. I know it will probably be fine, but just the thought of her being there alone really upsets me. If there were any way I could postpone my trip I would, but it's taken us about three months to get everyone's schedules coordinated so we can have this much needed training.

Her name is Pam, so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, and especially on the 22nd send up extra thoughts and prayers. I'm having lunch with her on Monday, so I'll be getting her son's cell phone, and her other friend's cell phone so I can keep in contact with her, and I'll try to let you all know how she does.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 04:15 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

oh my!!!!! good heavens!!!! of course we'll keep her in thoughts and prayers... and maybe you could get her to post with us???

send her a hug from me...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 04:44 PM   #3  

Best wishes from me too!

And good luck on that business trip!
mistyseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 08:59 PM   #4  
Hang In There

Well, Pam was to have her surgery at 9:30 this morning and here I am in Arlington VA, and I've called everyone I can think of and can't find anyone who knows how she's doing. I keep telling myself I'm not worred, but I would feel better if I could hear that she's ok.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:10 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

yikes!!!!! you'll let us know when you find out something, won't you????
Old 07-23-2004, 07:49 PM   #6  
Hang In There

Talked to Pam today, She did fine and was on her way home. Thinks for your good thoughts
Old 07-23-2004, 09:47 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

well, thank goodness!!!! and THANK YOU TOO!!!!!
Old 07-23-2004, 10:18 PM   #8  

That's great Barb!
mistyseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 03:30 PM   #9  

That's great Barb. Keep us posted on how she's doing....better yet, get her to post!

Deb
Young Grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 08:42 PM   #10  

Well, I know this too little too late. If I had been around, I would have definately kept her in my prayers. I'm glad she did okay with her surgery. How are thing s going for her now?
My4Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 08:52 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Me too, I'm sending lots of prayers to Pam for a speedy recovery and a safe journey towards a healthy body and mind.

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote