Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 09:37 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Faith in yourself Thursday

Hi All,

It's funny, as of late I have been trying to figure out the truths of weight loss from my own experience here and from what other people here have said. As I mused yesterday, for me, it's believing I can do it. Believing in my own will, motivation and control. It's trusting myself. Next is having good tools to lose weight like a support network, eating well and exercising. Anyway, I am feeling a lot better after my mortgage drama yesterday... We just have to get our tooshes in gear and finish packing.

My parents are thinking about selling their house and moving out my way which would be great! I'd love to have them close by, but would be sad at the thought of them selling the house I grew up in.

Anyway,

I hope you're all well!

Ali
Old 07-08-2004, 10:30 AM   #2  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey everyone. I have been out of touch lately. First, was super busy over the weekend and was off on Monday. Then came back to work being super swamped and haven't had time to even lurk. UGHHH. BUT, I have re-newed my weightloss and am hopefully back on track. So far so good. But everyone in the house are fighting colds, so it has been a rough week.

Belle.... yes I deal with weirdos a lot. THO... MIL and I are getting along splendidly lately. She even called the other day and I talked to her and not hubby. He was like... was that my mom (after I hung up). Weird huh. I just grin and bear it and keep my mouth shut MOST of the time. As for you, I would follow what the others have said. Saying something out of spite usually doesn't work because the other person usually doesn't "get it". I would just keep my distance and if she insists on bothering you, I would walk away. Sometimes no words are better than some! Good Luck!

Otherwise, I am still trying to catch up on the posts!! HEY to everyone.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:52 AM   #3  
Proud Canadian

Morning!! I worked job #2 last night - it was an Evanescence concert - I really like them so it was cool because I was basically standing beside the stage through the whole thing. Until the drunk in the parking lot fell and cut her lip. She was beligerent and wouldn't let us touch her so the cops arrested her - it's so sad to think about - pay $60 to get into a concert - however much on booze and dinner and then not even see it because you're too drunk and you get kicked out. I shouldn't be surprised anymore because it happens so much. Food-wise yesterday was fine - I had some unplanned foods come up which is where I normally struggle (I'm not the best at saying no to food) but I re-arranged and ended up within my points - (I was surprised when I sat down and was under by the end of the night) Tonight is my challenge night and I'm up for the task!! I hope. If nothing unexpected comes up I have 15 points for some pasta and garlic bread. Hopefully there won't be other temptations or I can avoid them. I'd really like a loss at WI on Saturday. And it's a busy day with lots of appointments so I should start to get ready.
Ali - VERY strange that your mortgage people would do that NOW but I'm glad you got things worked out
Jen - Make sure you take a bit of time out in your day for you - don't let the stress get to you - it's just work after all.

I'll try to check back if I get a chance.

KT
Old 07-08-2004, 04:05 PM   #4  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Afternoon!

Hello, ladies!

Ali--Yeesh, this house stuff sounds like a real mess. I hope that it's all resolved and that you maintain your sanity through it all. I'm glad that you know what things help you succeed. I'm going to try to sit down tonight and figure out what things help me. The things you mentioned are awesome. Do you often use the WW Tools that they encourage? Have you found much help from those?

JenL--Hey there! Glad to see you back! I hope everyone manages to fight off those colds, that's no fun for you.

KT--I bet that Evanessence concert was awesome--I love them (or is it just her?)! Have you ever listened to Azure Ray? A friend turned me on to them and I really like what I've heard. Kind of Sarah McLachlan/Evanessence. That's too bad about that girl last night. Like you said, why pay all that money only to probably forget everything you did? Way to go yesterday with the unplanned foods--that's really tough sometimes, but it's the beauty of WW that we can eat things that we haven't necessarily planned for. Have fun tonight!

My day yesterday wasn't the best. I've kind of just accepted the fact that I'm probably going to eat more than my points when I work at Subway. I went 11 points over yesterday, just at Subway. It's a good thing we've got Flexpoints. I'm working there on Monday again and I asked the kid I'll be working with to help me. I'm taking in my meal plan and asking him to keep me from eating anything not on there unless I eat veggies.

Today is shaping up to be A-OK. I'm going to try to walk tonight, but it's been raining all day, so that might keep me indoors. Or, I might put my CD player in a plastic bag and go. It doesn't really bother me.

Do you guys have big plans for the weekend? I'm meeting a gal for Italian tomorrow night to discuss my stamping/scrapbooking biz and Aaron and I are hanging out Saturday because I'm going on a family vacation (ick) leaving Tuesday through Sunday.

That's what I got.
Closed Thread