South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 07:45 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Thumbs up It's The Weekend!!!

Hey darlin's. How the heck is everyone?

Ruth, I KNOW you were up before me, you crafty woman, you. What did you do, slip out to the deck with a coffee laced with whiskey?

Last night we went to the opening of Fahrenheit 9/11 here in Ottawa. It was excellent.
Laurie, it wasn't too gory. There were a couple of small scenes that were disturbing. In fact, during most of the movie, there was laughter throughout the theatre. It was like one big satire.
It was disappointing to my friend Jim and I in that there was nothing in it new to us. We're both big activists, and we follow the independant media very closely.
Actually, the Canadians here will know a good deal of what's going on, too. We get a LITTLE more information from our mainstream media than you dear girls down south.
Michael Moore did an excellent job, and whether you love him or hate him, it's a movie that everyone should see.
Oh, and the few critics who have said it's "over the edge"... That's just bull. That's like saying feminists are over the edge. Or gay rights activists are over the edge.
Oh my God, I'm going on a rant. I'm so sorry.

My Dad had a hellish day yesterday. It's bizarre... everytime he "slips" like that, we think, "This is it. This is the beginning of the end." Anyhow, he bounced back, and was feeling much improved by the evening. Ah... a reprieve...

Karen, I'm glad your procedure is done with. You nurture yourself WELL until Wednesday. And keep it up with your great attitude... no worrying!

Barb, I hope the upgrade went well! Congratulations on asking for healthy snacks!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day... love and hugs to all...
Old 06-26-2004, 08:35 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Mornin Ellis,
Thanks for the review. Was the place crowded last night?

Hope you are all having a wonderful on plan day

I am off to get some groceries and such! We are renting a cabin monday-wednesday in mississippi! YAH!!!
Old 06-26-2004, 09:37 AM   #3  

Morning....

Ellis So hard about your dad, somewhat like a rollercoaster, huh?? We are all here for you!!

Barb Good luck with work today!! That is a tough thing with teaching- it always seems like there are snacks around- donuts, leftover cake, etc.

Finishing up my coffee and am going to head to my mom's to get DD. Feel good this morning, just a tad sore.

We went to see The Terminal last night- haven't been to a movie in ages. It was cute, unrealistic, but entertaining! Afterwards we went to Bennigan's, where I stayed OP with chicken breast covered with sauteed onions, bacon, mushrooms, and cheese- salad and steamed broccoli as well. Know that it wasn't turkey bacon or lowfat cheese, but better than other choices.

Off to get my girl!!
Old 06-26-2004, 10:07 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ellis, no coffee with whiskey this morning, just a quick mug while The Girls ate their breakfast. We slept until 6:30 this morning - a miracle!

Kiko, I'm continuing to remember you in my prayers. I am sure the outcome will be good but certainly can relate to your worry.

MOMPEN, the cabin sounds great! It is so relaxing to get back to the semi-wilderness. Is it on water?

Barb, check in and let us know how the upgrade went - and how you managed the food issue. I sure don't envy you those allnighters!

Harry and I went out for breakfast to the Longhorn Saloon and Eatery here in the Village. It used to be Carol's Restaurant and was a miserable place for ambience but the food was good. Now there is excellent food and the owners are glad to see you. Carol would get pissed off if you wanted brown toast and her stupid horsey husband would hang over you and yak about his damned horses while you tried to eat and read the paper! It was a great breakfast, albeit not South Beach (bacon), and it was nice to visit with the locals and the smattering of American summer folks in town. Now I need to run it through fitday and plan the rest of today's food.

This morning I need to make dogfood, take Harry to the Library and then get tiddled up in Red Hat regalia for the Westport parade this afternoon at 1. Later today, I'll continue sorting out the school entries for the Fair. There is some really cute stuff in there!

Have a great Saturday.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:10 AM   #5  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning Chicks~~

Well, we finally have a new modem. Yay!! Went to Best Buy last night and tried to get it hooked up, but couldn't get through to the cable company to give them our MAC ID. arrgh! Was on hold for over 10 minutes 3 times and got hung up on. Grrrr!!

Got right thru this morning, though and now we're all connected again. I was having serious withdrawl symptoms.

Going to Whole (Paycheck) Foods this morning with dd for some veggies and maybe then on to the Buford Hwy farmers market. Any of you chicks here in Atlanta ever been there? What an experience! Everything you always wanted to know about ethnic food...and everything you DIDN'T want to know!

That's about it for around here...

Have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 06-26-2004, 10:20 AM   #6  

Ruth, Ellis and Karen, thanks so much for wishing me luck on the upgrade. Sometimes the work hours are a pain but these days when you work on computers you just have to be glad to have a job! My husband's been out of work over 2 1/2 years since he got laid off from the same company that I am at. And more layoffs are starting again. There is no job security but the pay is good so I just save as much as I can and keep my fingers crossed that I will keep my job. I've been here since 1985 so I must be doing something right.

I finally made my appointment for my physical. Labwork on 7/6 and the physical on the 19th. They say I don't have to fast. I really hope my cholesterol is better. I worry when I eat eggs but the doctor didn't say to stop so I haven't.

I'm off in a few minutes to go shopping for work pants. My 20's are swimming and one pair of 18's is too big too. I don't know if I can fit into a 16 yet but I guess I will find out. I HATE shopping. Talk to you guys later.
Old 06-26-2004, 03:10 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

This is quite a place. I feel really at home:
Ellis - I'm another of those lefty activist types. My home page at work is Salon.com - must get my dose of what's really happening instead of what the Bushies have told the media. Michael Moore is from here in Michigan, and he does tend to be a bit over the top, but he is making a point. I love Roger and Me.
Mompen - my DH is from Mississippi. We recently sold the cabin he and his dad built on the edge of national forest a few years ago - we just never got down south - The last time we were in Mississippi in the summer, it was never below 90 deg, or % humidity - how do you DO that?
Karen - got my fingers crossed. I'm always insane when waiting for a test result, so I'm pretty impressed by your balance.
Bsrb - I'm in high-tech too. I've been a technical writer for 10 years, and it seems like I start with a company, they're doing good, things get bad, and then the writers are the first thing to go. That's why my brand new job is good for me - they had hired me in as a temp to do one project, but they LOVED what I did, and I seem to be the only one of 3 people they are hiring this year.
Can you all tell that I am jazzed about getting hired in? I so like these people, and I'm so proud of the products we do. We are a company that produces sensory technology for industry, and they never thought that documentation could really help them - and it can

So- back to the food thing - I had broccoli and diced turkey with LOTS of fresh salsa on top for dinner and then the cocoa rocotti creme for dessert. My DH was diagnosed with Type II diabetes, lost 100 lbs, and now shows no sign of the diabetes, but he does try to watch his carbs - and he is in love with the ricotti cremes too. When I get into Phase II, I suspect that we are going to be eating together a lot.

Take care, guys Talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:39 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

$#%^&&&$$((($%## Another woman in Red Hats brought her badly mannered dumb dog to the Parade and it tripped me. I am typing with one hand and have the left one in a splint! I think it's just a sprain but may get Dr Bob to look at it!

You will be pleased to know that I did do the parade with my darling Hershey. ( This happened as we were lining up but I carried on! Pip! Pip! Stiff upper lip and all that but it frassing hurts a lot right now! Ibuprofen here I come!)

Hershey behaved like the champion she is throughout all the brouhaha! I am so proud of her! I think she'll have her picture in the paper - again!

OK - took Advil and am going for a nap AND I am OP again after this mornings breakfast.
Old 06-26-2004, 05:41 PM   #9  
RNMOM

Default Hello all, happy weekend

It's a gorgeous day here and I've been enjoying it to the max!!! I finished my statistics class on Wednesday night, had my 26th anniversary on Wednesday and quit my new job on Wednesday! Wow! I feel like I can breath for the first time in 6 weeks!! The class is over, that's all I can say! My grade wasn't wonderful, but it's good enough to get my tuition reimbursement from the hospital.
The new job I started 6 weeks ago was awful! The more I tried to get into it the more I realized I hated it. I just really love patient care and this was the furtherest you could be. I got my old job back full time in the ER and am sooooo happy We are in such a nursing crisis that I'm getting paid double-time to be here for 6 hours today!
I'm stuggleing with the SBD thing though. I'm not cheating on off program foods, I'm just over indulging on fruit and nuts and popcorn. I need to get it under control! NOW! It's TOM and I'm sick of the out of control feeling that is. I have continued to exercise and I'm drinking more water. I haven't had a date with the scales for several days. I think "he's" cheating on me so I'm waiting until tomorrow. I hate to not weigh, I think the scales keep me honest.
You all sound like you have exciting lives. Dog shows and vacations and movies. I really should get out more.

Ya'll have a great remaining weekend, be good....or be good at it!
Old 06-26-2004, 06:40 PM   #10  
Traci

Default Weekend Party

We're having a "Movie Party" in our backyard tonight. We have a projector and a huge screen, lotsa BBQ goodies and some old movies. Maybe we'll watch Casablanca. It's lotsa fun. LIke a home drive in.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:49 PM   #11  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi chickies, I have not been here since Thursday. ( I think, don't remember being here on Friday. I guess I will have to check) But I have been super busy. Thursday night my mom and her friend and myself started making the 400 mint saches for my sisters wedding only have about half done. Then friday was busy as usual. Was feeling rather crappy with a visit from TOM that started Thursday with no symptoms but they came like crazy the next day. Last night my girlfriend and I had a spa night got a manicure,pedicure and my brows done. It was wonderful first time for the pedicure didn't think that I would like anyone playing with my feet but it was wonderful I am booked for another manicure Thursday before my sisters wedding. Today went shopping for 6 hours with my mom and my 2 dd, we got my youngest dd a skirt and blouse and sandles which was a nightmare as she hates anything girlie, got the oldest dd sandles to wear with her dress, I got sexy underwear for under my Matron of honours dress and a cute outfit for the dress rehersal friday night as well as new sexy underwear for that one as well. I hate going looking for clothes the mirrors in those darn dressing rooms made me feel depressed. I tried on 10 pairs of pants and not one fit properly if they fit everywhere else they were way to big in the waist. ( the only thing that is tiny on me) Of course I did not stay OP for lunch had KFC and then I was made at myself for eating it. I have been staying OP all week and blew it for lunch. But back on track for supper with the exception of a small piece of choc cheese cake. But now am feeling rather sluggish. Now that I have rambled on ling enough I think I will go read all the posts that I have missed since Thursday so I can catch up on everyone. I will post to each of you later. Love ya lots chickies, you are all in my thought and prayers. Take care.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:59 PM   #12  

Little Chick, I was getting worried about you! You HAVE been busy, sweetie!!
Please post pics when you get a chance. We also want to see the sexy underwear.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:25 PM   #13  

Kaetra What a FUN idea!! Where did you find a projector and screen? That sounds like a blast!!

RNMOM and Laurie Best wishes to you both on your recent anniversaries!! As much as Dhs can make us crazy, they are blessings.

Ruth Hugs to you! Hope it is only a sprain!

Barb Hope your shopping was a success and a pleasant surprise!! I am sure you look fabulous!

Thank you again for your good vibes and prayers.... DH is home "early", for a chef on a Saturday night, so I am going to go and spend some time with him and DD.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:59 PM   #14  

Cheez, Ruth. I emailed you, but I don't want people here to think I don't give a damn about you.
Take care of that arm, sweetie. We'll get Meg working on legal action against that fool and her dog.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:43 PM   #15  

Karen - Shopping was a lot of fun! I was able to find a pair of 16WP pants that fit really well that will replace my 20WP navy pants. They also had Playtex bras on sale at Kohl's (half off). I have gone from a 42DDD to a 40D! What a difference! At least I won't have to buy bras on the internet anymore.

My part of the upgrade has gone really well but they have hit problems in other areas. I've just got to wait now and see if they end up backing out. If so, this will be a long night.
Closed Thread