Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 02:30 PM   #1  

Default Atkins to South Beach??

Has anyone switched from Atkins to South beach? I am wondering if I need to start the Induction period all over again. I have been on the Atkins induction for 3 weeks. There have been complications like itching all over for the last 2 weeks and very little weight loss. I actually gained 2 back. I have been very good about sticking to the plan but cant live with the itch any more. I have a Dr appointment tomorrow but in the mean time am thinking of switching to the Beach.
So does anyone have any advice on the switch?

Thanks
DeWanna
Old 06-24-2004, 05:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

DeWanna

Hi and welcome to 3fc!! I did switch from atkins to sbd, since I had already done 4 weeks atkins induction, I only did a week of south beach phase I and then went to phase II, but it is all what you are comfortable with. It really is a personal decision
Good luck
Michelle
Old 06-24-2004, 05:50 PM   #3  

Michelle
Thanks for your help I appriciate it.

Thanks again,
DeWanna
Old 06-24-2004, 05:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

Red face

I just switched from Atkins to SB and plan on doing the entire P1. I figure that I will follow the diet as best as I can for maximum results. I think it's really a personal preference. I stopped losing weight at one point on Atkins (and ended up gaining a bunch back after I got depressed and ate my way to a bigger me)! Now I've committed to SB. I never itched on Atkins and haven't been itching on SB. I've never really heard of anyone itching because of the diet. Maybe you're allergic to something you're eating?

Good luck with SB!
Old 06-24-2004, 07:01 PM   #5  

That was the first thing I thought too but I have been through everything that I eat and there isnt anything I havent eaten before and not had a problem. I also have not been using any different soaps either. the only thing that I have not been about to rule out completely is the artificial sweetners. I have read things about yeast buildup in the body reacting to no sugar, but have no idea so I am going to Dr. I am sure she will help. If not I guess I will go totally off the diets and then go from there. Maybe I'll make one up for me... Nope no trust there

Thanks for you response,
DeWanna
Closed Thread