Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-24-2004, 09:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Totally Thursday Chat, June 24

Good Morning Gang!: wave:

hope we're not all start this up at the same time.

I did 2 miles this morning! That makes 38 miles in June so far.

I'm gonna grab my coffee and will check back later.

hugs,
cathy

cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:37 AM   #2  

Default Morning~!

I can barely keep my eyes open......I worked a night shift yesterday and only slept in bits and starts so today I feel yucky! DD 12 is off to school today to write her second last final......throwing up a prayer for her as we speak!

DD 6 doesn't have kindergarten until this afternoon.....so I can rest up this am or clean my house.......we shall have to see.......lol.

I really want to get this place in order before summer holidays...is it just me or is it a ton of work to keep a house organized in clean.

ANSWER ME ONE QUESTION...........WHO ON THIS FORUM HAS A NEAT AND TIDY HOUSE?

I am all puffy this am.......the think it is just about "My time of the you know what"...........again? I also had natcho's last night for supper and tried some of those lime chips you guys were talking about......they really do have a punch to them......gotta run......have a great day everyone!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:56 AM   #3  

Good Morning Liz! (if my vote counts) I vote for you to get some rest this morning rather than cleaning. gosh ya gotta have some sleep to keep going and do all the things you do!

Now about that neat and tidy house....well everybody says my house is neat and tidy (which I think puts extra pressure on me to keep that way - goodness a gracious - would hate for somebody to show up and think I fell off my cleaning throne LOL) but I never feel that my house is clean. Neat and tidy maybe but never clean enough. Can't explain it, it's a stupid little feeling in the pit of my stomach that my house is not really clean (maybe an obsessive thing but it's just the way I have always been) even tho I remind myself over and over and over again that it's really not important how clean my house is, that it is more important for me to spend time with family and friends! I remind myself that all the time, I mean what they gonna put on my tombstone when I die ... "she kept a clean house" or "she will be dearly missed - she was great to spend time with" - I want the second one on there. ;-) (can you tell I'm preaching to myself here LOL).

As I've had kids and especially as my boys have gotten older I've had to mellow WAY OUT and let them have their space. Just yesterday I came home and there were 4 other vehicles in my driveway and the guys friends were hanging out (this is almost a daily thing) so my house is full of teenagers all the time, and I really do like it that away (most of the time anyway), but you know, they are all great. They act like it's home and they eat supper, put their dishes in the dishwasher, and believe it or not they all take their shoes off at the door. They must not mind doing those things because they know we love them and that they are always welcome and they seem to enjoy being at our house. But still, my door is always a swinging with people in and out. LOL

so like - I'm sure this was wayyyyyy more information then you wanted to know!

(wonder where our little Leenie is today? she is usually in here by now?)

Leenie - is your counseling tonight or was it last night?

ok I'll quit rambling for now!
hugs,
cathy
Old 06-24-2004, 12:20 PM   #4  
CIN

Default Howdeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Good Morning Ladies,

I for one have a neat & tidy house. However I have to work on it a lot and having no children at home makes a HUGE difference.Plus I am blessed with a husband I have never had to pick up after.His Mother trained him well!

I have a regular little routine most of the time and that helps.

Today I spent all morning outside .trimming.weeding and we had a huge tree cut down BUT it was looming over our house and we thought it as a real risk............sooooooooooooooooooo...its down and my bay window full of cactus get more light than ever but I love sunlight!

This is my only day off work so I am going to shower.........go visit a friend at church that had a new baby and shop a little!

Liz.....surely you know a womans work is NEVER EVER NEVER EVER done!Dont sweat it.we are all wonderful WONDER WOMAN type people!

BBL
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 12:47 PM   #5  

Good morning all

I went to the Naturopath twice this week....started a vitamin supplement on Monday......he said I would start to have more energy....I noticed today....that I seem to have more energy. Last night I started Melatonin to help me go to sleep...1/2 an hour before I go to bed.......Coming off the Celexa....having problems going to sleep in the last 2 weeks.

Yesterday I started 5-HTP...a natural antidepressant.....I did get up in time to go to coffee with friends for 8....in a few minutes...will go for a walk.....haven't done that in a long time.

See you later.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 03:57 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies, I'm home today, been very busy.
Cathy 38 miles WTG !!!!!
April good luck on the new meds, my doctor put me back welbutrin 150 mg, so far its okay but its only been 2 days
Liz......tidy house HAAAAAAAAA!!!!! in my dreams only
Gotta run dd is up from her nappy.

TTY tomorrow. Byeeeeeeeeee
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 04:21 PM   #7  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Ladies!

Cathyxxx – Hey there, what did you say your goal in miles was for this month?

Liz – Ummm, when I’m off work and out of school it’s usually starting to become tidy. But once Work starts back up (I work for a middle school) and school starts up, that’s pretty much when everything goes to heck. That’s pretty much… hmmm 9 months of out the year Be careful those lime Tostitos are addictive *grins*

CIN – I could use some of your hubbie’s mom. Well wait, James’ mom is super tidy as well. I am sure she taught him right… so how come by the end of the week there’s a million pairs of… stuff all over the bedroom floor? Ahhh men… I guess I can’t complain to much, I don’t know to many men who clean the bathroom and do the laundry for me hehehe…

Speaking of tidy houses, I’ve been trying to get my house spic-an-span before Friday. James’ parents are coming out. They are going to be going with us to watch Brittny’s graduation. She’s graduating into jr. high… man time runs fast. Anyways I’ve been running ragged getting the house cleaned up, cleaning out the rat cages and tossing the rats in the bath. Thinking about doing the same to the cats… EEK! Then I have to get everyone to get all their laundry done so that they have clean clothes because we got to start packing on Saturday. I want everything packed the night before so that we can leave nice and early on Sunday for our vacation. Lets see how much havoc that causes lol. Things are going well, I’m gonna head out for a walk again. Will be a short one, it’s over 100 here. I’ll probably take everyone out tonight for a walk, so much nicer and cooler to walk at night.

You guys take care!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:20 PM   #8  

ok - I'm being accountable here - I did 47 minutes with my Lifting Weights tape tonight.

Old 06-25-2004, 12:31 AM   #9  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hey Ladies... I just wanted you all to know that I went out shopping with the kid for a new swimsuit for our vacation coming up this Sunday. Well our Walmart didn't have anything so we went to a different one and I checked in the video area and I found the Walking Away the Pounds videos. It came as a set of 3 videos and it even came with a stretchy thingy hehehe..

Also I'll be on vacation for a week, however I'll still be able to check in and do my replies. They Resort has free wireless net in each of their rooms so I'll be bringing my laptop with me. It's so I can connect to my FTP site and upload my digi pics that I take while on vacation. Not to mention I can download my videos from my digi camcorder to the laptop so I don't have to go and buy a bunch of tapes for it. Okie OKie... I'm a net junkie... I admit it! *grins*

Alrighty Ladies... take care...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 08:01 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Have Fun Sue !!! Your gonna like those tapes
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 01:52 PM   #11  

Default I haven't meant to ignore you

I have just gotten around to reading your entries........thanks for answering about the cleaning....I am impressed with your ability to get it all done!

I have been busy with year end stuff and shift work.....the weather is beautiful.......see you on the friday thread!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote