Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2001, 07:35 PM   #1  

I've seen and read about the Supermarket companion and the Dining Out companion and was wondering what the advantages to having them were? It seems to me that the nutritional information and your handy slide rule would be all you needed at the grocery, and the restaurant info. you can get here at 3FC and other sites would be all you needed when eating out. I make use of the restaurant points here so often - you could quiz me on the points values for just about everything on the menu at Wendy's, and I'd know it off the top of my head!

I'm wondering if there's something else in these books that I'm missing! I've considered buying them, just don't want to spend the money if I have the information already!

Thanks!
Maggie
Old 02-27-2001, 07:56 PM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I hate the new companion supermarket book. It to me is very difficult to follow. I have the old point book that has lots of points, but they are general. That said, the advantage to the 2 books is to PLAN AHEAD. you can compare brands at home BEFORE you go to the market, or out so you know what you are doing ahead of time. If you are that kind of person to do this go for it. I Know the brands I like and stick to it. I bring my points finder to the market for new things I find, but sometimes it can take a lot of time. I hope this helps. but look at them carefully before you buy it so you can make the best choice for you.

Eat well, be happy.

-L
Old 02-27-2001, 08:16 PM   #3  

I too go on line for resturant points, but I did buy the resturant quide that I keep in my purse. Just this week I found myself in the situation of going out and not being able to go online to get the points. What I like about the new quide is that it gives you menu ideas.

I did not buy the Food Campanion. I can use my slide rule for most of the foods there. I had the old one and never used it.

------------------
BEING FAT IS HARDER THAN ANY DIET!
Old 02-27-2001, 08:30 PM   #4  

I use the Food Companion for times where I can't find out any nutritional info and need some sort of "guide" to help me guess how much the points would be..for example, we had a dinner "roasting" for our pastor. I found out what we were having before and was able to figure the points for pork tenderloin, cheesecake, etc.

I like the Dining out because we travel to my in-laws and eat out on our way there. Yes, I do know how many points are in the chicken sandwich I like and the Subway or Blimpie sandwich but what if my dh wanted to go somewhere else? Usually he lets me pick, but I like to be prepared. When we are at my inlaws house, sometimes we go out to eat and the Food Companion helps me "guestimate" my points. I too didn't think I wanted to buy them because of having the computer, but I'm glad I did now. Someone once said to me that if having these tools would help me succeed then I shouldn't worry about the money.

------------------
Penny
177.4/157.0 (-20.4)/160 (10%)/150 (WW goal)/145 (personal) Lifer getting it back together again.

[This message has been edited by Pendan (edited 02-27-2001).]
Closed Thread