Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 09:47 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Deskercise

Execise you can do at your desk from this mornings MSN Article By Jacqueline Stenson

The following exercises are recommended to ease muscle tension and promote healthy blood flow.

Forearm stretch.

Position your right arm straight in front of you with your palm facing outward and your fingers pointing down. Using the left hand, gently pull the palm toward you and hold for a count of 10. Next, raise your hand so that your palm is facing away from your body and your fingers are pointing toward the ceiling. With the left hand, gently pull the right hand toward your body and hold for a count of 10. Repeat with the left arm.

Finger pulls.

Grasp each finger at its base and very gently pull it in the opposite direction. Hold each for a count of 5.

Neck stretch.

Sitting tall in the chair with the neck relaxed, gently tilt the head to each side, then front and back, holding each position for a count of 10.

Tendon glides.

Start with one hand pointing toward the ceiling. Make a fist. Then touch your fingertips to the base of your palm, keeping the thumb straight. Next, make a hook with your fingers, and then straighten them out again. Repeat 5 times.

Chest stretch.

Find an uncluttered corner in your office or cubicle. Stand about a foot away from the walls, facing the corner. Raise your elbows until they are level with your shoulders and then place both forearms directly on the walls. Next, keeping the body in alignment, lean into the corner and hold for 10 seconds. You should feel a good stretch across the pectoral muscles in your chest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note - you can do butt squeezes and calf lifts at the copier or fax machine (when no one is around ) and take the stairs at work if you can.

I'm on the 14th floor of my building so I take the stairs down and still get some toning for my legs. I don't think I can climb 14 flights of stairs yet
Closed Thread