Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-07-2004, 08:13 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Monday Chat, June 7th

Good Morning,

Just getting this thing started, I will be back soon

How was your weekend?

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 09:55 AM   #2  

Happy monday everyone!

Hi Sheila....well done on the productive weekend! Feels good don't it!

I have a sinus cold and a sore throat........I got my flowers in yesterday finally.........and my pots look great! So that feels good........I am laying awake most nights and dragging my butt out of bed in the morning.....not a great pattern. Too many years of shift work.

It is always a difficult time this time of year....so many reminders of 8 years ago......my son died July 16th and now the weeks leading to that day always bring back so many painful thoughts........this has been a difficult winter and spring regardless....so that makes it even harder. I could suck it up and pretend everything is great but I prefer to admit when I am feeling miserable....and that is how I am feeling.

Hope you all have a great day......will check in later.....maybe I won't sound so miserable.......

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 09:57 AM   #3  
CIN

Good Morning Gals ( some I havent met yet )
The condo FINALLY closed after 3 cancellations and my absence....I was going to Ohio to a graduation so hubby got a power of attorney and finally closed Thursday! Needless to say we are happy to only hold one mortgage now!

I am heading out to work.................will bbl.

Those who are actively exercising! BRAVO to you all! It is worth the effort and the payoff will be great!

Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 10:03 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Sheila, good for you for getting your exercise in. And its good to see your high spirited today

Weekend was dreary and wet here, kinda felt antzy. My eating really sucked, no excuse really.

I did buy some work out video's this weekend and tonight I'm ready to start w/my weigh/strength training I will also go for a good 1/2 hr walk this morning.

How's everyone today?

Edit: Liz & Cin, sorry I didn't see you guys posting at the same time. Feel Better Liz and Cin, I think you need a vacation, hugs and congrats for getting the paperwork done.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

Leenie - are you at work today? how will you go for a walk this morning? will you do it during a break? or lunch? inquiring minds want to know! let me know how you like your strength training video goes....which one did you buy?

Sheila - good for you walking 2 miles this morning! YOU GO GIRL! doesn't it feel great!

My buns are dragging this morning. I was up until midnight last night getting a prescription filled for a sick friend, so there was no way I could get up at 5 this morning and get in my exercise. And I was apparently sleep walking when I left the house this morning bec I forgot to grab my tennis shoes in case I could find the energy at noon or after work to make myself walk. I do not mind at all helping anybody out - I only mind that it messes up my exercising! (maybe I'm obsessed) *sigh*

Liz - I'm so sorry about the sore throat and sinuses! I hope you get to feeling better! and GREAT BIG HUGS from me to you! This must be a very hard time of the year for you! BTW - I'm glad you don't pretend! I'd rather someone be honest with me about their feelings any day of the week. *smooch & hugs*

Cin - I'm so GLAD the house closed! yea how many ww meetings today?

I just finished my 2nd cup of and feel like I need another, but I guess I'll grab my water bottle instead.

Hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 11:00 AM   #6  

Wow, look at all of the post already. I am so sorry that I am MIA for 4 days. With school adn tryign to get my house clean I never seem to stop. Of course I stop long enough to shovel the wrong kind of food in my mouth. I really wanted to lose 3 lbs by my b-day but I feel like I might put that one instead of take it off. (my b-day is 7/1

((((Liz)))), like Cathy said I think it is great that you don't pretend. I catch myself doing that and it only makes it worse for me.

Cathy I don't thinkI was awake this morning either. I didn't make myself some lunch so now I have to brave the fast food world and get something healthy. I love Subway but I am a littel tired of it right now.

Cin congrats on the closing. Hubby and I are trying to refinance ours b4 the rates go up again. I hate doing this too. To much paper work. Although my sis works for an attorny doing closings so I can get that fee waived. That will help a little.

Shelia can you send me some of your exercise vibes. I need to get my butt motivated again.

Hi Leens!!! Do you have much work to do today?

I started to read the book When Food is Love last night. I didn't get to far into it but I have it with me here at work. I am going to try to read a little at lunch. I wonder if it will help me take a few more steps to get over this compulsive eating that I do.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 02:17 PM   #7  

Good morning everyone

It is sunny today.....am feeling good. On Saturday....I went to lunch with a friend....the sun was out in the morning....I felt good....the clouds rolled in....in the afternoon...then the rain came....it poured rain on & off the rest of the day....and on Sunday....on Sunday I was so sad all day.
Today the sun is shining.....& I feel good. I guess our bodies change as we get older.....I was telling my DH last week....the best place for me to live....would be Arizona....they have sunshine......lol.

I have an appointment soon.....see you later.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 02:27 PM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

Morning Ladies...

I'm logging on from work hehehe... gotta love minimum days! Anyways, I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still alive... I've been trying to eat right, however, if I read my scale right this morning, well... I guess I gained 2lbs so I'm now 362lbs. EEK! Sigh, haven't had time to think about anything other than English, Linguistics and Math... blah.

But good news, final is tommorow for math and linguisitics and then Wednesday I just have to finish my portfolio and then I'm FREEEEE!!

Then I'll get my silly butt back on track!

Take care ladies!
Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 02:45 PM   #9  
CIN

Default for Liz

Liz
We must have been posting at the exact moment! Sorry it is a tough time of year for you. To be honest ( as a Mother) I cannot even imagine the pain of losing a child..................but it must be the worst possible experience there is. So I just wanted you to know..like Cathy said I am glad you do not try to pretend and you are able to share how you feel. I just want you to know even though we have never met in person................I am praying for you at this exact moment!

From all your post you sound like such a GOOD Mother.I just know you are!

My sincere thoughts and prayers for brighter days and strenghth for the darker days!

Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 03:50 PM   #10  

Thanks everyone for your support and kindness.....sounds like me are all hanging in there with the help of each other!

Glad to hear your condo sold Cin.......that will take a load off

SueMarie......hang in there.....I gotta get a scale it does keep us accountable doesn't it! Good luck on your finals.....don't be too hard on yourself

April I am glad you are feeling good in the sun! It helps alot doesnt' it?

Kemp glad to see you.....I like to know you are around...let me know how that book is....how is the scrapping coming?

Leens thanks for the pm!

Cathy I hope you aren't feeling quite so draggy.....you are always such a consistant inspiration to me!

Hang in there everybody!

Eliz
Old 06-07-2004, 04:35 PM   #11  

Liz I wish I could say that it is coming along but I still havn't gotten the order in. I don't understnad why either. When I check the order online they say that it is being shipped. AAGGGHHH!!! I just want my stuff. I am about to break down and go to Hobby Lobby to buy something to start with. My pics are still just sitting in their boxes waiting for me.

It is pouring right now. I just wish it would stop for a little while. I have a few trees that need to be cut and they can't do it when the ground is so wet.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 06:05 PM   #12  

Kemp

Where did you order from?

Liz
Old 06-08-2004, 12:10 AM   #13  

Good evening all-

Liz-my heart goes out to you. The thought of losing a child is beyond me. I have only had Steven 11 months. The thought of not having him............there are no words. I agree that you are right to honestly expressing your thought and feelings are the best thing you can do.

Cin-I know how nervewrecking closings can be. We have closed 4 times in the last 4 years. The last 2 times were to get a lower mortgage rate but it is still nail biting time.

April-I envy your weather. Here we have had nothing but a dry hard blowing wind for the past 2 weeks. We really need some moisture.

Kemp-I don't envy you on the scrapbooking. I have tons of photos that I am in the process of scanning so I can do scrapbook pages without losing the photos. I am planning on giving my in-laws photo pages this year. I had a rough time last year with Chirstmas presents-My mother-in-law gave back the gift that I put a lot of time and consideration to me. I have been doing pages on a program called Scrapbook deluxe. I have 43 pages done so far.

Have a good evening all. I have. I was mad at my DHs ex. She has very little consideration for our family. She brought the boys(stepsons E-13 and J-11) back 1 1/2 hours late. My son goes down for bed at 7:30. Dh wanted to keep him up to see his brothers. So that meant he was cranky and then got excited and hyper for the hour past his bedtime. But I kinda-I do mean kinda-let it roll off my back. Instead of using food as a way to express my anger-by eating anything I could get my hands on-I had a salad for dinner. I did have a wheat roll with it but I didn't reach for the self destructive things I could have So I feel a little proud of myself. I even got to politely tell the ex that DS bedtime is 7:30 so she can't say in the future that she didn't know.

Good nite all

Last edited by Arenee; 06-08-2004 at 12:20 AM.
Arenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 08:31 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

All right Arenee !! don't let that Ex ruin your efforts, your stronger than her!

Kemmmmmy get those pictures out, once you start its sooo much fun, you'll become adicted and it makes the time fly.

Baby Cakes, good luck on your exams!! we're rootin for yah.

Cathy !! SMOOCH