Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozie's.....(#91)

Sherry
05-27-2004, 10:50 AM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/welcomebirdhouse

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/flower

gdeann
05-27-2004, 10:55 AM
Sherry, I like your birdhouses! Don't feel guilty about asking us to say prayers for Wayne. I would be upset if you didn't share the news with us. I will be praying for Wayne that he receives good news from the doctor. Is he able to work or is he in too much pain? Give him a big ol' hug from me and tell him the crazy Kansas lady sends well wishes!

Deelite
05-27-2004, 11:07 AM
Ramona I am sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. Know that I am thinking of you. I praying for you.

Oh Lord, my friend is hurting.
How much I want to push away the clouds of pain
and make sunshine of the memories. How desperately
I need to give assurance of life everlasting.
Only you can do that, Lord! Please take away the hurt.

Sherry do not feel guilty asking for prayers for Wayne. Of course I will pray for him, I have lots of time. I would feel upset if you didn't share this with us and ask for prayers. I am here for you just like I know that you are here for me.

To everyone else I had written a post and lost it. I will try to post later. I am off for a pedicure and a manicure.

DEE

Jennelle
05-27-2004, 11:27 AM
Ramona, I am so sorry about your mom.

4myloves
05-27-2004, 12:12 PM
Ramona--I'm thinking of you.

Sherry--I hope Wayne gets good results from his tests. I'll pray for him & you.

Dee--I'm so jealous, I just bit off all my fingernails yesterday and I can't remember the last time I had a pedicure!

Hey everyone!

Deelite
05-27-2004, 02:52 PM
I am back again with pretty fingers and toes. I chose a melon orange to go with my dress that is red, fusia, and orange.

Cheryl the pedicure and manicure was a treat from Dez for Mother's Day. It is funny that the doctor could have had the xray backwards and not realized it.

Shelley, Gayle, Carol, Sherry thank you for expressing your concerns. I am going to have the MIR and the we will see what shows up. The surgeion can not see the cuaue of the pain with the cat scan. Hopefully something will show up. I am tired of just taking more pills to cover up the symptoms and not resolving the problem.

Sherry I wish that we could all come out and give you a hand on your painting and moving so that we can have you back. I miss your posts. I understand though because I know that you are busy.

I have to go out to the jewllers and have my gold bracelet fixed. I broke the chain awhile ago and I would like to wear it this weekend.

Have a good day.

ShelleyM
05-27-2004, 06:44 PM
Sherry-My prayers are with you and Wayne.

School let out today!! Now we just need to get rid of the teachers, which is tomorrow. Once they are gone (sorry Jennelle!) life will be much easier for awhile!

Jennelle
05-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Shelley - No offense taken! I was a secretary/administrative type for years before I became a teacher, and I know how needy the non-secretarial types are! Do you work all summer, or do you also get some time off?

DebbieA
05-27-2004, 10:17 PM
Ramona....I am so sorry for your loss. I know your Mom was a very special lady and will be greatly missed. May God be with you and your family in this time of sorrow. :angel:
Love ya...Deb

ShelleyM
05-28-2004, 07:04 AM
Yesterday, I was so depressed, because I feel like I got the brunt of something that was not completely my fault. It had to do with the luncheon on Wed. The office staff didn't go. The secretary told me that she was not going to the luncheon, and I could bring her back a salad. Well, the guidance counselor said that it looked like there wasn't enough food for the whole staff, so I went down to check it out and also thought there wouldn't be enough, so not only did me and Nat order out, so did the other lady in the office and someone else. When the AP and principal got back, Nat told them that I decided that we shouldn't go. So I got the brunt of the whole thing, when it should have been shared with everyone else. Needless to say, I went in yesterday morning very depressed and wishing I could quit (I didn't tell anyone how I felt.) Well, lo and behold, at the end of the day they held a little birthday party for me. How could I stay mad?

Deelite
05-28-2004, 11:30 AM
Shelley what were you doing up so early? You edited your post at 4:06. Gee you scared me for a minute. I thought that we had missed your birthday. I was already feeling bad. Thank goodness that it isn't for a few days.

Shelley is the office staff still at school? If they are I would express my feelings and tell them what you told us. That you didn't feel it was fair that you took the brunt of ordering. Besides that you didn't do anything wrong. You were doing the right thing if you thought that there wasn't going to be enough food. Your birday party was a seperate thing that happenned the same day. You have a right to tell everyone how you are feeling. Don't hold it in, it isn't good for you.

bootwoman
05-28-2004, 11:44 AM
I wanted to post a quick thank you to all of you for your kind and caring words of comfort. It has been a trying few days and we still have to get through the service tomorrow.
On a brighter note, the Red Cross arranged for Ben to come home and we picked him up at the airport late last night. He will get to stay for a week.

Sherry, I am so sorry to hear about Wayne. Hopefully everything will be resovled and he will be back to his old self again very soon. I'm thinking about you!

I'm sorry for not posting to everyone. I'll be back soon.

If you would like to read about my mom, go to www.couriernews.com and click on the obituary link.

Sherry
05-28-2004, 04:45 PM
Hello Floozie Friends :wave:

I took the day off from painting to get some other things done. I went to Home Depot and picked out my flooring for my kitchen. It's black & white to go with my coca-cola theme. Also, I got my light switch covers and went to about 4 different places to try to find a rug for my bathroom. I can't find the size I want. Any way, ended up being a busy day.

Wayne said in a year or two, he's going to knock out the wall between the kitchen and dinning room and make a bar there.We will also have new cabinets installed and put a parkay floor down. It should look real good when we're all done.

Ramona,
I think your Mom was a very active lady! That's great that she was a volunteer in so many different activites. I think it's so cool that your Dad was a Judge & the Mayor!! And just think....I know his Daughter!!!! Please take care of yourself and remember that you're in my prayers. I love you!! You're going through a very rough time right now and we're all here for you. :angel:

Gayle,
Thank you & EVERYONE ELSE on the prayers for Wayne. Yes, he's gone back to work but he's so sore & tired all the time. You can see the pain in his eyes. I'll let everyone know what the Dr. says Tuesday. Are you going to have time to work with Steve this summer with the icecream? I know you're so busy right now I didn't know if you would find the time or not.

Shelley,
I'm hoping that you explained to the Principal what happened yesterday. I know you were so hurt because the blame was put on you! The party they had for you was so sweet!!!!!! Wayne's birthday is tomorrow. He will be 51 yrs. old!!! I married an old man! :lol: I can always keep up with yours because it's 2 days after his.

Dee,
When do you have the MRI? I'm really worried about you!! I hope you don't over-do it having the party for your Parents. Their 50th Anniversary party sounds wonderful! I may get some tips from you because my Parents 50th is Christmas Eve this year!! Of course it won't be as fancy as you have yours planned. Tell us all about how it turned out when you can post again. Have fun, take care & I love ya!!

Tina,
We are planning on having a big yard sale at Mom & Dad's next weekend. I'll email you and give you directions. It's only about 3 miles from Walmart. Thought maybe you could come over and we could finally meet!!!!!!

Carol,
Thank you so much for my sweet email!!! You are the greatest!! I know you're worried about me but I promise I'll get through this & be ok. Hope to see a post from you soon!! HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Debbie,
I'm looking so forward to the swim party Sunday!!! I may get on a float and not move all day!!!! :lol: LMAO!!!! I feel like I don't tell you enough...Thanks for being a wonderful, true friend! I love you so much Debbie!!

Cheryl,
I do get my nails done every 2 weeks. But Wayne does my feet! He does pretty good too!! LOL Go treat yourself...you deserve it! :D

Jennelle, Doni, Wanda,Vicki (I hope I didn't leave anyone out) Hope you're ok. I sending big hugs your way!!

We're going to Ky tonight to help Mom put some boxes of things away then back to painting again in the new house tomorrow.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend. I love you all very much!!

Jennelle
05-29-2004, 12:18 PM
okay...totally o/t, but here's my new favorite joke:

A pirate walked into a bar. He had a steering wheel hanging off his crotch. The bartender looked at him oddly and said, "Hey buddy, do you know you've got a steering wheel hanging off your crotch?"

"Arrr!" the pirate replied. "It's drivin' me nuts!"

(You might have to read it out loud to get it.)
:rofl:

gdeann
05-29-2004, 03:12 PM
CUTE ONE JENNELLE!!!!! Here are a few favorites my 5 year old hs been sharing:

Q.Why was 6 afraid of 7? A. Because 7, 8, 9!!!! (seven ate nine!!!!)

Q. Where does a general keep his army? A. In his "sleevy"

gdeann
05-29-2004, 07:19 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WAYNE!!!!! I hope you have a very special day!

gdeann
05-29-2004, 07:22 PM
Shelley, I am leaving in the morning and won't be home until Monday evening.
I wanted to wish you a very, very, very happy birthday so you wouldn't think I forgot you! I hope you have a very special day on Monday, you deserve it! LOVE YOU!!!!!

ShelleyM
05-30-2004, 11:44 AM
Thanks, Gayle! I am depressed because I didn't meet my Memorial Day goal. I only lost 3 lbs. I'm going to weigh myself again tomorrow to make sure, though.
Have a safe and happy holiday weekend!
Love to all of you!

Jennelle
05-30-2004, 03:43 PM
Shelley - At least you didn't gain it. :)

Sherry
05-31-2004, 12:02 PM
Happy Birthday To You :hat: ...Happy Birthday To You...Happy Birthday Dear SHELLEY...Happy Birthday To YOU!!!!!!:balloons:

I hope you have a wonderful day!! Have fun!!! :gift:

http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/Shelleybday

ShelleyM
05-31-2004, 01:42 PM
Sherry-Thank you for the beautiful cake! I'll share a piece with each of my floozie friends!

DebbieA
05-31-2004, 02:10 PM
Happy Memorial Day Hope everyone has wonderful weather today with outside fun with friends and family.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHELLEY!!! Hope you have a special day today. You deserve it!!
:hb: :cb: :hb:

The pool party went great yesterday. It was around 89 degrees. It was partly cloudly but the storms didn't come until late last night. I think everyone had a wonderful time, even had over night company.

Sherry.... I hope you had a good time yesterday. Thanks so much for helping clean up. Do you think you could come once a week for cleaning...LOL? I hope Wayne is feeling better this morning, he may have just over did it a little yesterday. He thinks he is as young as the other guys when it comes to water volleyball. Don't tell him I said that. :lol:

Ramona.... Thinking of you this morning. Please post when you are ready. We all know what you are going through and praying for your whole family.

Gayle.... Hope you are having a great trip. Maybe a little R & R for you and Steve.

Dee.... How are you feeling? My back was so stiff this morning and I thought about you. When is your MRI scheduled?

Jennelle.... Are you enjoying your summer yet? I am still having to plan Debbie days with school out.

Carol....How are you doing? I am ready to start a new count down. ARE you in it with me? We can do this !!! Want to know a secret??? I ate some {real} dessert yesterday!!! :o My DIL made a wonderful chocolate eclair pie. I couldn't resist. But I worked it right into my carb count for the day....I really felt like a real person for a minute...LOL.

Update on my Mom....Me and my sister are having to give her shots in her stomach twice a day for a new blood clot in her arm. She was also given 3 pints of blood while in the hospital which made her blood not thin enough. I am becoming a regular nurse these days...lol. Her anti-depressant meds have finally kicked in, so her spirits are much better. When I went to give her shot this morning she had me help her into the wheelchair so she could watch me clean. She is getting bossy again, which means she is getting better...LOL. Thanks again for all your concerns and prayers for her. She still has a long road ahead.

Hugs to all my Floozie friends that I didn't address personally.
Love you guys...deb

~~SUMMER COUNT DOWN~~
96 days down...0 to go..This count down is over today.
Stay tuned for the next BIG count down

Deelite
05-31-2004, 03:20 PM
Happy Birthday to my wonderful friend, Shelley!!!

I hope that all your dreams come true and you have a wonderful week.

Are you doing anything special today?

Carol101
05-31-2004, 06:54 PM
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY EVERYONE!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHELLEY!!!
:hb: :gift: :balloons:
HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT DAY!!

I had 3 of the busiest days of my life on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so today I just took the day off. But I couldn't stay away all day from my Floozie friends!! :)

Debbie: :yes: I am ready to start the next count down with you!! You are doing great and I am so very proud of you!!! Tell me your secret, so I can lose, lose, lose with you!! BTW: You are a REAL PERSON!! :lol: Even having dessert and working it into your carb count!! WOW GREAT JOB!! :cb:

Sherry: Glad to hear your doing well. You'll have all that work done in no time now!! I am so jealous of you and Debbie. Living so close you can share pool parties!!!! :p Tell Wayne I said Happy Belated Birthday. I hope he gets the best results from his tests!!

Gayle: I hope you are enjoying your time away. You deserve it!! Don't kids have the greatest jokes around. I was just commenting to my daughter yesterday that it was so great to see the little ones get so excited over the littlest of things. My 21 month old grandson was tickled to death he could shut his own car door. He was so excited. Now if we could all remember to enjoy the little things and take pleasure in the smallest of things all around us daily. We can learn so much from kids!!

Shelley: I hope you are feeling much better these days after your little episode at school!! But Sherry is right too. You shouldn't hold that all in. Just let it out!! :bomb: You will feel so much better. Congrats on the 3 lbs lost!! You have nothing to be depressed about there!! Good Going!! :dancer: I am still waiting for it to "CLICK" for me!! :rolleyes:

Ramona: I am thinking of you!! Even though it was under such sad conditions, I bet it was great to see Ben!! Take care of yourself!!

Jennelle: That was a great joke. I loved it!! Are you planning "YOU DAYS" like Debbie? You should.. Remember the summer is short so you must take advantage of it!

Dee: How are you doing? It sounds like you are trying not to let the back pain get you down. You are still doing lots of things! I am glad to hear you are doing things for you too. Let us know when you are getting the MRI. I am praying they will find the answer for you!

Well on Friday morning about 8:10 I was on the way to work and I got a call from my Mom. She said she thought she needed to go to the doctor. You must understand that Mom NEVER wants to go to the dr. and we have to make her most times. Needless to say, I told her I would be right there and we would go immediately. She was very, very nauseous, couldn't turn her head without extreme pain, congested, and felt like she was going to pass out. She also said a few days earlier she was having some heart flutters. I wasn't sure whether to take her to the family dr., the onocologest or the hospital so ...

I called the family dr. and told them we were coming and they managed to work us in. Frankly, I didn't give them a choice, I said they either got us in ASAP or I was going to the hosital with Mom. I was not happy with the family dr at all. She barely checked Mom out as far as her head, neck and sinuses, but she did do an EKG which turned out fine. No problems there. Then she told us it must be her chemo treatment or medicines and that we should call that dr. What a waste. She didn't even call that dr herself even though she told us she spoke with him lots of times for other patients of hers.

I got on the cell phone as soon as we got to the car and I called the oncologist. He wasn't sure what was causing Mom's symptoms either. He didn't think it was the chemo. But he told us to come to the office immediately and he would check her out. After listening to mom's symptons and checking her out, he gave her different anti-nausea medicine, told her she could take Sudafed for her sinus (they had been bothering her and she didn't know if she could take anything with her chemo medicine) then after checking her neck he sent us to the hospital to have an MRI (brain scan) for the pain in her neck and up the back of her head.

The hospital was great and they worked us into their schedule so we didn't have to wait all weekend! The only thing is now we are waiting to hear the results of the MRI. It will probably be tomorrow sometime. I know the dr. is checking to see if her cancer had spread to her brain!

After all that running around we came back home, my sister came home from New Jersey for a couple of days (that was planned tho), so I was at Mom & Dad's until late.

The somewhat good news (although we are still waiting for the MRI report) is that by the next day Mom was feeling sooo much better. Between changing her medication and allowing her to take something for her sinuses, she was like a new person. She said she didn't even feel as tired as she had been. She even went shopping with my sisters, although they took frequent breaks so that she would not over do.

After shopping for groceries and running to check on Mom & Dad morning, Saturday was a family day for me and I took two of my grandkids along with my daugher to see the new movie Shrek 2, then the kids stayed all night along with my niece who was visiting.

Sunday we spent most of the day with Mom & Dad, then came home and mowed my grass (3 hours worth) and cleaned my car out.

I was gone from home for almost 2 1/2 days straight and my house looked like it!! So I spent today trying to catch up on my house work.

What a weekend!!! It hardly seemed like a holiday weekend even though I have been off work since Friday's episode!! I can't believe it is time to go back tomorrow. I NEED ANOTHER DAY!! :stress: I think I have given myself a headache now!! :lol3:

I hope everyone had a great day!!!
Talk to you all soon.

Jennelle
05-31-2004, 08:59 PM
Wow, Carol, just reading your post wore me out! :lol:

We're actually leaving for vacation on the 5th and coming back the 21st, so I will have plenty of off time. :)

Sherry
05-31-2004, 11:08 PM

I hope everyone has had a wonderful, long Memorial Day weekend! We took time-out yesterday and went to Debbie & James' pool party and had a blast!! That was what we were needing!! Today it was back to painting and moving "more" boxes of Mom & Dad's.

Kinda down in the dumps today.I had to change my 25 lb. loss chick to 20 lbs. :( I weighed this morning and have gained 5 1/2 lbs. :( I'm back up to 171!! :devil: It's all my fault because with all this moving, cleaning & painting we have had to eat out a lot or grab something quick at home. I have just made bad choices. BUT today was a new day and so far so good!! I WILL get this weight off!!!!!!!!

I'm starting a new "Challenge Thread" for the 4th of July. I hope that everyone will join in!! :D

Carol,
I hope that your Moms MRI comes back ok. Man, You've had one rough & busy weekend girl!!! Your Mom is in my prayers and let us know when you hear from the test. Bless her heart.

Ramona,
How are you girl? If you need a "pick-me up", please come here and we will try to make you smile. We love you!!!

Dee,
How are you today? How's your back? How did the parties go with your Parents? Got pictures to share?

Gayle,
Are you back yet? When did you go btw???!!! I miss you!

Shelley,
I hope you had a wonderful birthday!! How did you celebrate it? BTW: That cake that you shared with us was FAT FREE & SUGAR FREE!! :lol:

Debbie,
Thanks again for a wonderful party yesterday! That's what we needed!!! Looking forward to spending another day soon by the pool! :)

Everyone else: Hope you're doing ok!!! Did you have a good weekend?

*Hopefully we'll be able to have everything done in the next 2-3 weeks and be completely moved in! I want to finish so I can enjoy a little of the summer before we hvae to report back to school!!

I'm going to start a new 4th of July Challenge thread now and call it a night!!

Love to all!! :grouphug:

ShelleyM
06-01-2004, 06:37 AM
Sherry-Please don't let the weight gain get you down. You have come such a long way. I am so proud of you. I wouldn't even bother to change the chick, because I'm sure it will come back off once things get to normal with you.

Debbie-I'm so glad that you are able to see Sherry so much and that you got her to take time off to enjoy your pool! I'll be up to see you and enjoy it too (I wish!!).

Carol-I am so sorry about your mom. Everyone seems to be having sick parents right now and it is really scaring me. I have been lucky that my parents are still in good health at 81 years young. I just wish that they would decide once and for all to move over near me. Now they are talking about not selling the house. They just can't decide.

Ramona-I hope that you are doing all right. I know that you are going through a very tough time right now.

Gayle-Are you back yet? I hope you had a nice time.

Dee-My friend, I wish I could make your pain go away. Remember that I am thinking about you all the time.

Jennelle-Have a great vacation!

Tina-How is everything?

Wanda-Are you EVER coming back??

Cheryl-How are you doing? Have I told you how proud I am of you for keeping up the exercise??

Well, I am typing on a new, faster computer. I love it. Mike worked on it all day yesterday, along with fixing my car. Also, I have been shopping with all the extra money that I have gotten for my birthday. I had a great day. We had a very nice dinner of barbecue chicken and corn on the cob, which is what I asked to have. My evil MIL gave me some money, as did my hubby. I found a few pair of pants and also got 2 pair of shoes are a ridiculously low price at Steinmart. All in all it was a great birthday. Also, I ran a total of 25 miles between Saturday and Monday!

Carol101
06-01-2004, 08:54 AM
Good Morning Ladies:

Today is a new day. I have let my weight get out of control and it stops today!!

Sherry: Thanks for starting the 4th of July Challenge. Count me in. I am on my way to sign on. I am surprised you gained, but part of it may be muscle for all that painting!! We all make bad choices occasionally, but we are back on track now. Lets do it!!

Debbie: I am in on your newest countdown as well. Lets get rolling!! Your doing great and I want to ride your rollercoaster on the downward spiral!! :lol:

Shelley: I am proud of your 3 lbs loss!! Your doing great and this next month we are going to do even better.

I refuse to let all the stress in my life get me down so I don't take care of myself. It is time to roll up my sleeves and get serious about this!!!

Thank you all for your well wishes for my mom. She is so much better already and we don't have the MRI results back yet. She has a Dr. appointment tomorrow morning, so I am assuming we will get the results then. I feel like it is going to be ok... I will let you know.

Ramona: Let us know how you are doing? We love you!

No time to post to everyone this morning, but I am thinking of you all.

4myloves
06-01-2004, 10:15 AM
Carol--I'm sure your mom's MRI will come back showing good results. Everyone down here (in AR) is having MAJOR sinus problems right now, and they can wreak havoc on your head/throat/body in general.

Shelley--late happy birthday! Hope it was a good one!!

Sherry--you'll get back into the groove once all the moving is done! Water aerobics will shrink you right back down--don't believe me? Just look at your fingers after an hour in the pool :)

Ramona--hope you're still hanging in there, chick. Thinking of you!

Hope all the rest of you Floozie's had a great Memorial Day week-end!

Cheryl

bootwoman
06-01-2004, 03:16 PM
Hi everyone. I am finally getting somewhat back on schedule and I plan to include daily posts in that schedule. I just wanted to say a quick "hey" for now and I will post to everyone and bring you all up to speed when I get home tonight. I have some pictures to post and I will do that also.

I love you guys and thank you for all the support over these last 3 months.

gdeann
06-01-2004, 03:24 PM
Hi girls!!! I'm back and looking like a lobster today! We ended up Sunday and Monday staying at our old childhood farm where my brother now lives. A creek runs right through the property and he has fixed a few areas as campsites. So, we had our "big sleep-over" as Allison likes to call it. We fished, drank beer, barbequed, drank beer, hiked, drank beer, had a treasure hunt, drank beer, oh, and did I mention, drank beer? LOL! We came home very tired last night and today is spent re-cuping and doing laundry! YUCK! I have tons of blankets and stuff to clean up and put away.

Shelley, so sorry I missed wishing you a happy birthday ON your birthday. It sounds like you had a good one!!!!!

Sher & Deb, sounds like you guys all had a blast at the pool party!!! Sher, did you keep your top on? LOL!

Carol, your mom will be in my prayers, hopefully it was just sinus. Seem's like our prayer list just continues to grow...

Cheryl, did you get to go home for memorial day?

Dee, how did your folks anniversary go? I bet you had so much fun! Are you feeling better?

To all of the missing Floozies, I hope life is treating you well.

I have not been OP and it shows. I need to get my big butt into gear and get back into "the zone" again. I can't seem to get there. How is everyone else doing on their plan?

bootwoman
06-01-2004, 08:59 PM
I'm going to try and attach a picture of Rick, Ben, dad and myself taken in mother's parlor. She was an avid antiques collector and especially loved Victorian antiques. The room in this picture is all Victorian.
I may have to try a couple of times to get it to post, so bear with me.

bootwoman
06-01-2004, 09:00 PM
Well, obviously that didn't work, so I'll e-mail it to Sherry and maybe she can post it for me.

bootwoman
06-02-2004, 12:29 AM
So Gayle, did you drink beer????
It sounds like you had a fantastic time. I hope you get all that laundry done so you can get some rest. Thank you again for the beautiful memory box. You are an extremely talented person!

Sherry, don't worry about those pounds. You've been so busy no one would expect you to stay OP. Now that things are settling down for both of us, I'll cheer for you if you'll cheer for me. How is Wayne feeling?

Debbie, how is your mother doing? I hope she is feeling much better and will be able to get her new knee soon. I'm jealous of you and your pool...I bet you are having a fantastic time!

Carol, I hope your mother is going to be okay. I know you must have been so scared! I'll pray that it is nothing more than sinus problems.

Shelley, could you please send Mike to my house to work on my computer? It is soooooooooooo slowwwwwwwww! How is the new teen driver doing?

Dee, I want to hear all about your parents' anniversary party. I hope you have some pictures that you can post. How are you feeling???

Vicki, how are things with your parents? I hope things have calmed down a bit for you. I know you've had a lot on your mind.

Cheryl, are you enjoying this wonderful muggy Arkansas weather? Did you get any damage from the storms Sunday night?

Jennelle, Doni, Tina, Wanda....I hope things are going well for you all and you are enjoying the summer.

My dad wanted to drive up to his old homeplace yesterday so we took him. It is about a 30 minute drive from our house. There is nothing left there but a rock wall. We waded in the creek where my parents used to take us to swim. I remember when I was a kid it seemed HUGE, but it is really just a meandering creek where the water bubbles over the river rock and forms little water falls here and there. It was so peaceful. We went on to the next town down a VERY rough, rutted road and when we got almost to where we were going, there was a large oak tree which had fallen across the road the night before during the storms. SO, we had to turn around and go all the way back. Well, by this time, my bladder was really complaining, if you know what I mean. NOW, I am by NO means a nature girl. I don't care for camping and I don't want to be far from my shower and my bed. WEll, I couldn't wait any longer so I had to "go" in the woods. Rick and my dad laughed their heads off at me because it was such a traumatic experience....easy for them to laugh, they come with the parts necessary for that kind of thing, I don't!!! But, we had a wonderful time and it was good to hear my dad laugh again.
I'm really tired so I think I'll say goodnight for now. I need to have a new avatar posted because, well, let's just say that I got a "wild hair" and decided I wanted a big change in my life. I'll work on getting a new picture this week.

Good night all........

Sherry
06-02-2004, 12:54 AM
This is the picture that Ramona wanted me to post for her............ Ramona, Rick, Ben & her Dad. They are in her Mom's parlor.

Ramona....You are sooooooo pretty!!!! Also, You have a very nice looking family!! (Ben is a spitting image of his Grandfather!!!!)

http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/ramona

Sherry
06-02-2004, 01:12 AM

Have I told you lately how much I HATE painting & moving????!!!!!!!!! :devil: I'm absolutely worn out!!!!! I can't wait to have it all done & moved in!!!!!!!!

Ramona,
I liked your picture!!! Like I said, Ben looks like his Grandfather!!!!! Your story of going to the old homeplace was too funny! I can see you now in the woods trying to pee!! :lol: Try & get some much needed rest now.

Gayle,
I sure did miss you!!! Sounds like you had a great time!! Hey...Why didn't you drink some beer while you were gone???!!!! :lol:

Carol,
Did you stay OP today?????? Are you fired-up?!!!!!

Thanks to everyone on prayers for Wayne. Today was his appointment with the specialist. He did a rectum test (which no one likes!) and a urine test. He said that it looks like his infection of the prostate has cleared up. But his bladder isn't emptying all the way. He put him on Uroxatral. Which is an "alpha-blocker". It's for BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia & improve urine flow). If he bleeds anymore or has pain, he goes back to see him. So overall he had a good report. Just get his bladder to empty and hopefully he'll be ok soon! :)

I'm so sleepy..Can't even type. I'll post more tomorrow before I go paint :(

Love & GN Hugs!

gdeann
06-02-2004, 02:10 AM
Ramona, your outdoor story is too cute! I hate to go camping too...thank goodness my brother had a camper available to go to the bathroom in. Everyone else slept in tents...not this girl! Steve, Allison and I slept in the back of the van!!!! Everyone laughed at me the next day because I'm standing at the back of the van with my hand mirror, doing my makeup. I grew up on a farm, I love the outdoors, but I still prefer to eat, sleep and go to the bathroom in my own little house.

I LOVE the picture!!!!! Your "wild hair" must mean the new length? Do you have a frost or highlights in your hair? It seems to be so shiny and pretty. You have a handsome group of men in your life.

Sherry, I hope Wayne is on the road of recovery. Is he still planning to get back into detective work? I bet both of you are worn out with all o the hard work. Just think of the wonderful reward you will have at the end.

YEP! I drank a beer or two, or three or four....that's my secret weapon against camping!

ShelleyM
06-02-2004, 06:37 AM
Ramona-You look beautiful! I love your hair. I agree with you on the nature stuff. I have never been camping, and hated when I went to Colorado and had to use the campsite "restrooms", you know, the ones that don't flush. I've never had to stoop to peeing in the woods, though.

Sherry-Have you put your house on the market yet? Is your mom and dad letting you sell yours before you have to start making payments on the new one? I don't want to be nosy, I just thought that you were going to sell the one your in before tackling another mortgage.

Gayle-Sounds like you had a great beer guzzling time!

Vicki-How is the red hat lady doing? I'm sorry I didn't address you in my last post. I hope everything is going okay for your mother. This Fl heat is unbearable right now. Yesterday I ran in 92 degree whether at 5:PM. We have several fires going in around I75 also. There is a bunch of smoke. We haven't seen rain in quite sometime.

Dee-Please post some pictures of the party.

BTW-Who are the other 5 besides me that are not going to put on a bathing suit this year???

Carol101
06-02-2004, 08:28 AM
Good Morning!! :wave:

Ramona: It is so good to see you. I loved the pic. You have a quite handsome family there!! Your one pretty lady too!! :) That creek so wonderful. That is the type of place I used to love to walk to and just sit for hours in nature enjoying all the sights and sounds.

For all who are asking (and thanks BTW) Mom is a bit better. The MRI came back and all looks good there. She is still complaining of her neck hurting but she is better than she was. She has her chemo today and an appointment with that Dr., so we will see what he thinks today. Thanks again for all the well wishes.

Sherry: Yes, I am fired up!!! I absolutley HAVE to lose this weight and I am going to do it!! I know I will feel better and look better when I do. So lets do it girl. One day down and working on day 2!!! I am happy to hear Wayne is doing so much better. Did you try running water while he is trying to go pee! :D Just a joke, I know it is a serious problem.

Gayle: The camping trip sounds great but I am like you although I was raised on a farm and still living on one, I prefer certain amenities these days!! Did you have a beer for all of us! ;)

Dee: Still waiting to hear about the anniversary dinner... and see pictures!!

Shelley: I can't believe you won't wear a swimsuit this year. I bet you look great in one!!

Debbie: Okay, where is that countdown. I am waiting...... I want to help you get your 20 lb chick!! Lets lose, lose, lose!!!

To the rest of my floozie friends(Cheryl, Tina, Vicki, Jennelle, Doni, Dee, Wanda - hope I didn't miss anyone) Have a great day!!

DebbieA
06-02-2004, 09:43 AM
Morning Girls:wave:

I have the day off from Mom, my sister is off on Wednesdays. It is a cloudly day here, I may take Katelyn to see Shrek 2.

Ramona....I love your new hair do!! I agree you have some good looking men around you. Hope you enjoy your week with Ben.

Sherry....When is your next day off? LOL I wish I could help you some, but with taking care of Mom so much it doesn't leave me much time for painting. Let's run away for a few days to the beach....dreaming!! :faint:

Gayle....Sounds like you had a camping trip from my younger days. Nothing better than drinking beer around the campfire. Glad you had a good time!!

Shelley....No swim suit!! I think you are the smallest one on this thread. If I was your size I would get a Bikini!! I wear a one piece with company here, but I have bought me a 2 piece this year {first time in years} But that is for private sun bathing.

Carol.....I am so glad you are FIRED up!!! I posted the new count down on the walking thread. Sherry said it was depressing counting down the days of summer...LOL. BUT it is a long time until Labor Day. Plenty of time for all of us to get some of this weight off!! I'm with you 100%...WE CAN DO IT!!

Dee....How are you feeling? Please post of pictures of the party and the details. Are you planning any adventures this summer?

Jennelle...Hope you have a wonderful vacation. We are trying to plan a mini vacation trip for the end of July.

Tini....Sherry said you may come to Franklin for her Mom's yard sale. I hope I get to meet you too.

Vicki...Please post soon and let us know how you and your Mom is doing. Are you going on vacation this summer?

Hugs to all my Floozie friends....Sorry if I missed posting to everyone!

~~Labor Day count down~~
2 days down~~96 to go~

gdeann
06-02-2004, 09:58 AM
Shelley, I'm another one who WON'T be wearing a swimsuit this year!

Sherry
06-02-2004, 10:14 AM
STOP!!!!!!!!

Please Go To #92..............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!! ;)