Old 05-26-2004, 11:50 PM   #1  

Default could I get some advice, ?please

I'm having a real hard time getting my calories over 1000 per day, if I keep my carbs at 20.. most days I'm running around 900, with only breaking 1100 once? my fat intake is at 65%.. my carbs are usually in the 3-5% range and my protein is usually around 30-40%.. but my cals are way low? fitday says I should be eating around 1500-1700 per day? I can't figure how to do that without killing myself on carbs... any suggestions? I'm afriad this going on my fourth week, I might have to start worrying about starvation mode? My DH suggested I eat a roast every morning for breakfast I dont think he's funny
dragnlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 11:54 PM   #2  
Somethin's gotta give

Wow- what are you eating....could you give a sample menu...getting calories up isnt much of a preoblem for me
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 07:42 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Sorry, couldn't help it. Yup, want to clue us in on what your typical menu is (or post what you've eaten in that day) so we can see what's up? I don't know what my calories are. I never did pay attention to that (I know, probably part of my problem).
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 08:26 AM   #4  
Total Sass Bucket

dragnlady, I used to have the same problem. I just started adding sunflower seeds and peanuts in. That gave me a boost.
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 09:00 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Have some more meats, oils, nuts.

WOW under 1000, I couldn't do that on my best day.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 12:04 PM   #6  

Ok so here is a small day
spicey pork rinds as croutons..
2 cup salad w/ ranch dressing
1/2 avacado w/ cream cheese
3 hard boiled eggs
1 sausage patty
4 slices Jicama
3 slices turnip
2 slices leeks/ mixed with 2 tablspoons salsa
calories 743... carbs 18

high end
4 eggs fried in butter
1/2 cup kruat/with polish sausage
1 pork chop fried cooked in heavy cream w/ garlic
shredded cabbage, some cucumber, jicama, summer squash sliced and tossed with ranch dressing and sprinkled w/ 1 tablspoon parm cheese
calories 1102.. carbs 19

Well I never worried about my calories either until a couple people on another board yelled at me about my calories being to low? and how I was going to go into starvation mode and quit losing? and starve to death..lol.. but I think there the type to count right down to the 10th of a carb in stuff, what I call " the panic counters"..
Shimma I,m afraid to add the nuts or seeds as I'm still technically on Induction. I guess what I'm asking is, what are your opinions on starvation mode? and can a person who is eating spaced meals, of good quality, go into starvation mode on a 1000 calories a day, with supplements? just needing some thoughts or opinions.. I feel great! and I've done this diet before and lost 87 lbs, but I think back then I did better when I was oblivious to all this other stuff..
dragnlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 01:52 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

I didn't know avacado and jicamas were on the induction list. I'm not sure about starvation mode as I don't keep track of what my carb count is let alone my calorie count.
Old 05-27-2004, 05:33 PM   #8  
Somethin's gotta give

In the book AFTER it give the list of induction food it says "Using a carbohydrate counter, one could also make up a combination of foods equalling 20 grams like nuts...blah blah blah"

Dont know the quote exactly ( someone got the book handy?) but to me that says that you CAN use other foods than what on the list as long as you stay under 20....I'll get the quote tonight....
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 07:30 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

lol. And here I was always thinking I wasn't doing true induction when I added sunflower seeds

*hangs head in shame*......I ate some cake tonight. Not even sure WHY!!
Old 05-28-2004, 12:35 AM   #10  
Look at me go ;)

You can add in some calories without adding in carbs just by including more meat. You could also add some more cheese in to boost calories. If you are worried about strictly staying under 20 carbs per day and adding in cheese, then omit some of your higher carb count veggies. Also like the others said, nuts, butters, and oils add in calories that we don't even think of to add to our food trackers because we cook with them.

Sometimes you have to get in the habit of eating when you aren't really hungry just to make sure you are eating enough. Adding in a couple peices of chicken or beef jerkey throughout the day could help. You don't have to add in a whole other meal. HTH!
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote