Support Groups - Stay At Home Mom's #181

View Full Version : Stay At Home Mom's #181

watkinsguru
05-26-2004, 08:41 AM
Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!

watkinsguru
05-26-2004, 10:25 AM
Wow, this forum is slow this morning. I hope everyone had a good night. What's everyone got planned today???
Well I still havent' told my mom about me. I've told everyone else, but I can't bring myself to tell her. I know her reaction and I don't want to hear it.
Could you tell someone, especially your mom, something that you know isn't great news for her and she'll dampen your spirit? I told my sister, I don't care if it slips out and I don't care if dh tells her, I just don't want to. I know she'll call me when she finds out and I hope she asks me why I didn't tell her because I will have no problem telling her why. I know it sounds rediculous that I can't tell her this, but I can't.
Well, I'm finishing b-fast and then gonna mow. TTYL

MichelleRae
05-26-2004, 10:40 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!

Well today is my official monthly weigh in with the doctor!! I'm excited for her to see my progress!! I wonder what she'll say!!?? Man oh man Teagan has been waking up early lately for some reason. I don't know why but I really have a hard time waking up if its before 7 lol she was up at 5:15 this morning but I just listened to her play in her crib for a bit over the monitor. Nothing big planned for today since I got most of my big jobs done yesterday and everything was clean when we went to bed so perhaps I'll go through my picture box and see what I can put together :)

Crystal - Good to hear that you slept better last night :) I spent a ton of time on the couch when I was preg. with Teagan don't worry you'll fit fine ;) Then when I was put on strict bedrest we got a futon so I could lay down even more comfortably. I just kept my laptop right next to me and the phone and a garbage can lol. I had my own little bedrest center :P

Leigh - I know you can't hardly believe that Liam is 7 months already I can't believe Teagan is either!! Did you know you had Liam on my due date lol. I feel bad that we haven't gotten her pictures taken yet only the ones they do at the hospital and of course we have taken tons of them at home too but oh well :) Life is just too busy sometimes.

I forgot to tell everyone that Teagan is pulling herself up on the couch now!!! Into a standing position!! She'll be walking soon I just know it!! Taylor went with averages on her milestones she walked at a year took sippy cup at one year etc etc...Teagan, now she has been crawling up a storm for about 2 months and drinks a sippy cup during the day unless she's going for a nap, her hand eye coordination is just unbelievable for her age, the doc is impressed.

I better get off here and try and wake my butt up, I guess I'll start some coffee. Everyone else I didn't address, I hope you have a great morning!!! I'll post again in a bit maybe after I get a cup o joe.

Michelle

spryng
05-26-2004, 11:08 AM
Good morning all!

Michelle, I'm so excited to hear what your doc says about your great weightloss!! Isn't she the one who said to do SB? And congrats to Teagan!! She'll be cruising the furniture before too long and then one day just take off accross the floor! :) Such precious times right now. I love babies. And that worked out great with the chat last night. I was too tired to chat too so after I got the kids in bed I crashed myself. i didn't see your post until this morning about you wanting to sleep too, so it worked out for both of us! :)
Crystal, yes I would dread telling my MIL too if it were me. She is very pessimistic and negative. But hang in there... she will find out and then you won't have to worry about that anymore. maybe you can send her a card and tell her... then you won't get her initial reaction and she won't feel left out since you told everyone else already. And what do I have planned for today? Not much. It looks like the rain is over so I guess I'll see if I can get the lawn mowed today. I have a load of laundry to do... a toilet to scrub...ummm... and just normal chores. I need to go pick up some milk sometime today. Oh yeah, tanning tonight and vacuuming out the van. So I guess I have more to do than I thought, lol.
Lisa, I really appreciated your thoughts on depression and for voicing them. How are you today?
Geri, wow! Tony was a big eater yesterday! My kids go through phases like that. One day they will pick and the next they down everything in sight, lol. I agree that Fantasia did well last night. Not on her first song... she murdered that first song. But did great with the other two. And Diana did great with the first two and the last one was shaky. Did you vote? I voted for Diana and got through the first time! So we will see what happens tonight.
Leigh, I saw part of that coke commercial... didn't realize the C2 was a lighter version of coke. I'll have to see how many pts that is when it is released. How are you today? How did your dinner turn out last night and what is for tonight?
Well... Jackie, Ginny, Misty and everyone else who didn't post yesterday, HELLO!! and I hope you are all doing great.

What is for dinner tonight? I'm making orange thyme crockpot chicken tonight.
OK, guess I need to get off here and make my bed, take a shower and get things done! lol. TTYL!

Chubba
05-26-2004, 11:21 AM
Just a quick hello this morning! Mom's already here working outside in my yard :). I have a friend coming around lunchtime to visit so that will be nice.
Must be something in the air...Will woke up around 1:30...maybe from a dream...woke Tony...then Tony thought it was time to get up at 5am (YIKES) heard him again at 5:20, Dh's alarm started going off at 6:20...finally crawled out of bed around 7! Very late for us!

OK, hope everyone has a wonderful day and I'll check back later!!

need2losemore
05-26-2004, 12:08 PM
Good morning. I am done with my exercise for the day. Crystal, I am sorry that you are dreading telling your mom. Both my mom and MIL want us to have more babies. I told my own mother she will just have to wait for my brother and his wife to have one. DH is getting a vasectomy this summer. The kids eating alot must be in the air too. I think my oldest is going through a growth spurt. He is eating everything in sight. He eats dinner, and his hungry an hour later. I hate to think what its going to be like when the boys are teenagers. :yikes:
Well, thanks spryng, for sending the rain down here. ;) We have been getting hit and miss rain, and now tonight storms. Oh well. Yes, whoever asked, it was me who got the bike. I haven't been able to ride the past few evenings though, because of the rain. I can't wait to get back on it.Michelle, good luck on your weigh in. Geri, enjoy your visit with your friend. You make me jealous with your garden. I hope Diana wins tonight. I was hoping Fantasia was going to get voted off a couple of weeks ago. Any way, hi to all, and have a great day.

watkinsguru
05-26-2004, 12:20 PM
well, girls sounds like everyone is doing okay. Spryng, you have a full day. Michelle, let us know what the doc says. Ricci, my dh is getting one for sure this time. We kept saying it last time, but I think he's serious this time. Geri, sorry about your night, hope the next one is better.
I guess it may be the pregnancy setting in. I mowed the back yard with Andrew in my lap and it's a rider and I'm pooped. I've still got another hour and half or so maybe when Andrew lays down, but then again, I'll miss my nap. Wow what a prediciment.
Anyway, I'll talk later.

Reaferg
05-26-2004, 12:46 PM
:coffee: Good afternoon all. This is my first day on this site. I'm a SAHM too. Married mother of four 13, 7, 4, and 5 weeks. I'm not really able to work out yet. :mad:. I have always been a BBW. But now I'm ready to be a FBW(fit beautyful woman). I have been reading some of the posts and when someone has a problem everyone is so supportive. I hope I can do the same for someone. I hope to be able to get to know some of you. And perhaps be apart of this team you got going here :

Rea

need2losemore
05-26-2004, 01:01 PM
Welcome Rea, sounds like you have your hands full. This is a great group of women who will support you in your weight loss journey, and everything else. Hope to see more posts from you.

watkinsguru
05-26-2004, 02:31 PM
Welcome Rea. I'm Crystal, sahm of 3; Alisa 5, Ally almost 3 and Andrew 18 months. Just found out two days ago I'm expecting #4. I've been married for over 8 years and live in Texas.
It's so nice to have new faces around here. We hope you do stick around. This is the best place to be and best support around. Try to pop in at least twice a day to stay on top of the posts. We've been going through 1 thread a day, we start a new one every 3 pages.
Let us know some more about you. Are you following a plan or what plan are you thining about.
I count calories and exercise. I'm going to make this pregnancy the healthiest one yet.
Glad you've joined us.

spryng
05-26-2004, 03:27 PM
Hello again!

Welcome Rea! I am Spryng (pronounced spring) mother of 3. Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3, and Tanner 11 months old. Congrats on your new baby!! So what is life like with 4 kids? What plan are you thinking of doing or are doing presently? I am on weight watchers, I hit my goal weight last month for the 1st time ever. Are you breastfeeding? I hope you find yourself at home here and I look forward to getting to know you better! :)
Crystal, I would save that lawn mowing for your DH to do. Sounds like you have a big yard, you need to rest not wear yourself out. I have dh's cousins boys mow my lawn so I don't have to deal with it.
Ricci, glad you got your exercise in and so sorry about the rain! I really didn't send it that way, lol. I wish it would go away all together. We are suppose to get more storms this evening too. I just hope it waits until after the yard gets mowed.
Geri have a great time working in the yard! How is your mom doing lately?

Well my electricity went out for awhile this morning. A power line right in front of my house popped and came down causing everyone to lose their power. But thankfully it was up and running within an hour. Oh and good news! My workout dvd finally came today!!! I will do it tonight after the kids go down. So michelle I may miss chat again. I'm so glad it is here.
I feel really run down today for some reason. I think I need a caffeine fix. Maybe later when I pick up the boys I'll get me some diet coke or something. Even my tea here is caffeine free, lol.
OK, guess I'll get off here and grab a nap! TTYL!

Loveliam
05-26-2004, 04:56 PM
Boy have I had a busy day! After our walk this morning, I came home and researched and then ordered a bunch of things for my "phase 1" of home reorganization: scrapbook area. I ordered some stuff from ebay, and some stuff from Container Store. I'm going to take before and after pics for ya'll to see later on! Also, I want to take a "before" pic of me at this weight so then I can take a picture every ten or fifteen pounds :)

Hope JW and Gabriel are better soon!

Michelle - When is Teagan's Birthday?? Liam's due date was the 18th og October. Liam tries really hard to pull himself to standing too - maybe Teagan will beat him to it :D

Lisa - glad DH is being supportive. My DH keeps himself in good shape, so he won't sabatoge me - actually, I guess he's more of a roll model :lol:

Spryng - I really like the menu mailer a lot. We're having Mexican Beef Stir Fry tonight - yum! I'm also curious to try the C2 Coke because I love Coke, but don't keep it in the house because it's so many calories.

Geri - I'm feeling mixed about this season of AI - for me it hasn't been as compelling as some of the other seasons. I'll actually be okay with whoever wins - they're both really good, but I think it will be Fantasia.

Crystal - :lol: about the tooth fairy! She sometimes takes two nights :lol: I have to keep that in mind for later. As for your mother, maybe you can have DH tell her.

Hi, Ricci! Hope you've had a good day.

Hi, Rea! Welcome - this is a great and supportive group of women. 5 weeks old?? Congrats! I look forward to getting to know you better :) Are you on a specific plan? I'm doing Weight Watchers.

Well, gals, Liam is falling asleep just in time for my 4pm 2-point snack. Not sure what I want yet, but 4pm is always my hungriest time of day, so I like to save a couple of points for that each day :)

MichelleRae
05-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Oh my lots of catching up to do!!!! Lets see if I can do it!!

Geri - I hope tonight is better than last!! Hope you have a great day with your lunch visit!!

Ricci - Sorry to hear you are having crappy weather!! Hope it rights itself soon for ya!! Lol unlike you I'm hoping that Fantasia wins, there is just something about her that I like I dunno exactly what it is but I like it lol. I think I'm the lone Fantasia fan here ;)

Rea - Welcome!!! I'm Michelle sahm to 2 year old Taylor and 7 month old Teagan both girls!! I am on South Beach diet, and exercise with Walk away the pounds. How bout you? You are right about this group of women, each and everyone of them is so very supportive!! I couldn't do it without them. Congratulations on the new baby!!! Welcome to the group!!

Spryng - Ohh you'll have to let me know how you like your new dvd!!! I may want to try it once I get more of this heavy fat off of me lol. ;) Hey if you miss chat for excercise now that is the best excuse of all!!! Get that booty shakin girl!!

Leigh - Teagan was born on October 13th at 11:42 pm. Shes been pulling herself to standing for the last 2 days I'm just waiting for her to start moving between pieces of furniture. We don't have a coffee table so I'm not worried about her hitting her head on that but I am concerned she'll fall on the hearth of the fireplace which has adobe tile. Has Liam started taking a sippy cup yet? Teagan doesn't mind them at all!

Ok now my doctors appointment went AWESOME!!! I have lost 16 lbs since they had seen me on April 30th but I've lost 20 lbs without clothes lol. I even weighed on my scale right before I left so I could see how much difference there was between the scales and I was 230 w/clothes and shoes here and 230.5 w/clothes and shoes at the doctors!! They were quite impressed with my dedication and progress and happy with the exercise I;ve been doing too! I also talked to her about my calorie intake which as you all know is rather low but she said not to worry about it that as long as I get 1000-1200 calories a day I should be fine :) Now I can't wait to see my results next month!!

Well I want to go soak in the tub cuz TOM has me feeling kinda crampy/crappy ;) I'll talk to you all later. Oh by the way today is my "splurge day" lol I'm gonna have a small splurge day each month after my docs appt. I've only had 2 oatmeal cookies as my splurge :)

TTYL

Michelle

Loveliam
05-26-2004, 05:58 PM
Hooray, Michelle! :bravo: That's awesome, and I'm glad they were proud of you, too. Have a nice bath - that always make the world seem good again for me :D Liam loves sippy cups!

watkinsguru
05-26-2004, 07:38 PM
Michelle, that is great. You should be so proud of yourself. I'm so glad you are a part of us so we can share this moment with you. WTG!!!

Well, girls did your pregnancies differ much by the way you felt? I mean I don't feel pregnant. I don't feel any different than I have. It may be because every time I've been pregnant I just start eating anything I want and as much as I want. And I quit doing ANYthing physical. I thought it may be because I'm trying to continue on the way I have been and maybe that's why I don't feel different.

I haven't counted calories today, but I think I've done pretty good. For some reason after lunch by a couple of hours I've been getting so hungry. I mean like really hungry where I feel like I'm gonna be sick if I don't eat something. That's the only way that I feel different.
Anyway, I was just chatting while I was having dinner. Right now it's a salad. I may eat a piece of oven fried honey chicken. It's soooooo good. I won't eat the pasta stuff I made, don't care for it.
TTYL

Loveliam
05-26-2004, 09:23 PM
Crystal - I used to get hungry like that while pregnant - at certain times, or if I hadn't eaten enough earlier in the day, I would feel like I was seriously going to pass out if I didn't eat something. Well, I hope this pregnancy treats you better than the previous ones :)

The Mexican beef stir fry was very good! And DH just got back final test results that confirm that he has 2 small kidney stones. They aren't going to do anything, just monitor them and see what happens - if they grow, etc. We're both soooo relieved because they had said it couldbe cancer, though it seemed unlikey - still, it's a relief to have the final verdict.

Tonight, DH and I are splitting a chocolate bar while we watch our taped episode of 24 after watching Americna Idol. Don't worry - I'm applying a couple of flexpoints towards it.

Are you guys hungrier on days when you exercise? I always am and can't quite figure that out. I mean, I get extra points for it, so it can't be that, right?

watkinsguru
05-26-2004, 10:21 PM
Leigh, that mexican beef stir fry sounds kind of good. So glad to hear about your dh. I mean sorry that he's got kidney stones, but glad it's nothing worse.
Do you drink alot of water when you exercise? When I exercise I crave water and I drink so much so fast, if I'm hungry it takes care of that. Just a thought.

watkinsguru
05-26-2004, 11:10 PM
Well girls, I'm pooped. I mowed the entire yard, cleaned out a storage trailer, worked in the garden, gave three kids a bath, on top of my other duties. I'm gonna sit back with some ice cream, yes ice cream. Buttered Pecan, my all time favorite. I think I came in low or about regular on calories, so I actually need some more. I've also got to stay awake for Alisa to go to sleep so the tooth fairy doesn't forget again. LOL!!

I hope all of you had a great day and evening. Hope the night and tomorrow is just as good. I've got my first doc's appt. tomorrow. I'll check in with y'all when I get back.
Good night.
TTYL

Chubba
05-26-2004, 11:58 PM
Good evening all,

Rea...welcome! I'm Geri, mom to 2 boys Will (3) and Tony (1) and have been married for 4 years to a great guy. I'm also one of the oldest here at 40 :D .
This is a great place to be.

Crystal, good luck at the doc's tomorrow ;)

Michelle, way to go! We're proud of you too!!

Leigh, Hooo raaaayyy for kidney stones....Never thought I would say that :lol:

Ricci...it had been raining here for like 2 weeks (13 out of 16 days)! So it was probably me who pushed the rain your way.... SORRY :p but I was sick to death of it! We still can't get into the veggie garden to weed yet. Maybe by tomorrow. I'm doing some gardening for you so you don't feel left out...went on a diaper run to Walmart tonight and they flowers were so fresh and inexpensive I had to pick up more there :o . I only need a few more to round out one more planter and I should be done. I'll take some pics once everything starts filling in in a week or two. I need to get back on my bike too. NOw that Dh is back to days I may get some riding in.

Spryng, hope you enjoy your dvd...what is it again?? Remember...sweating is GOOD for you :lol: :D

OK ladies, hi to everyone else out there. I'm off to bed to rest up for another day outside hopefully. It was very cool til around noon when the sun finally shone. Tomorrow it's supposed to get up into upper 70's but chances of rain :( . We really don't need any more yet!

Oh yes... AI... I liked Diana but really think Fantasia deserved to win...I don't particularly care for her personality, but I was really happy for her.

Anyone have any plans for the holiday weekend?? We're having friends over on Saturday ngiht for a bbq out on the new deck. (OMG :o I had a typo of dick...freudian maybe?? :o )

Night-night

MichelleRae
05-27-2004, 12:05 AM
Omg!!! I just bawled!!!!! That was the greatest finale I have seen thus far on Idol!! I'm soo happy she won!!!

awwww Geri, thanks for being proud of me!!! I couldn't take this journey in my life without you guys!!! God brought me to 3fc for a reason he knew i needed you guys to help me, and you are in ways you will never know!!

Ok I really need to get a walk in, I didn't do it yet because I was so tired earlier so I'm off to walk I'll probably post once more before bed.

Michelle

spryng
05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
Good evening all!

Just a quick post before I call it a night.

Geri I can't wait to see pics of your garden and planters and finished deck! I'm sure it all looks great :) And I felt the same way about AI tonight. I really liked Diana, mainly because she was so young and ambitious and because she was in the bottom 3 alot and I like the underdog... but Fantasia brought me to tears tonight, not just because her songs were really beautiful but because you could see her heart in it and she is a single mother and really deserved a great life. She was very grateful you can tell. It was great.
Crystal, you've been busy today! Can't wait to hear about your appointment tomorrow! Sounds so exciting. Boy... I hope you don't send any "want a baby" vibes my way! lol. I love pregnancies and kinda wish I was doing it with you! (and then I wake up! ,lol.) But I truly hope this is your best pregnancy ever! Enjoy since you know it will be your last. And with Tanner, before I even knew I was pregnant I was eating the house down. I remember writing in my journal " why am I sooo hungry!!" because I'd eat a huge dinner and 30 min later I was starving! Once I saw a positive pregnancy test it all became clear. But I put on alot of weight during those first few weeks because of hunger.
Michelle, I'm so happy for you! Sounds like you had a great appointment! :) Now you'll be looking forward to your next one in a month huh? You'll suprise them even more!
Leigh, I am so glad you got those results back and it isn't cancer. I know you are relieved. And on the days you exercise, you say you get more pts but do you eat those pts? lol. I agree with Crystal, you probably just need more water. Remember dehydration can come in the form of hunger, so drink up first. :)

Well I finally got off my butt and exercised tonight!!! :strong: Geri, I think you asked what the name was of the dvd? It's called Crunch: Boot Camp Training and it's all strength workouts. (there is some aerobics in it but not too bad, just enough to get the heart rate up) You do alot of lunges, squats, the upper body workout is fantastic! Pushups, etc. I could only do 15 min before my legs wanted to give out. But I feel really good now. I just hope I can do it 3 times a week for now. I need to lose inches so bad.
I didn't get my lawn mowed. The boys came over and couldn't get the riding mower to start. The battery is dead. So I'll have to go down this weekend and act like I know how to buy a riding lawn mower battery :( Not my area of expertise... But it will get mowed on monday now since they are going out of town tomorrow for a family trip.
I did get my tanning in tonight which was relaxing. Oh and dinner? EWWWW! Didn't like Orange Thyme crockpot chicken. The chicken was way too dry and the orange wasn't so good on it. I ate it anyway since I made it (threw away 4 chicken breasts which tore out my heart, lol. What a waste of good food) but I'll never make it again. Tomorrow better be better, lol.
OK, I guess that is all from me tonight.
Ginny! I miss you!! :)
G'nite!

favepairobluejeans
05-27-2004, 12:32 AM
Hey gals, You've been busy little losers today! ( And so have I, which is why I haven't hit the PC till after 10pm...and missed all your posts today). Michelle, congrat's on the great results of all your hard work. I bet it was so exciting to know that the Dr. Was going to congratulate you, instead of warn you. What a great feeling that would be.

Gabe is doing very well with his cast. If his personality continues to develop the way we already see, he'll be one tough, not easily persuaded to give up, kind of kid. He has totally figured out how to do everything he was doing without the cast, with it!

Hubby called from work, and said he almost brought home a puppy tonight! I kind of wish he did, but he made teh right decision. We're making ends meet now, but we have no business owning a dog, yet...of course if we had a dog, I would HAVE to go out and take my walk. I want to walk everyday so bad, but I hate walking by myself. I really do not enjoy walking without company, and hubby will not go with me unless I beg, and it became an issue one day, so I gave up on him, he can sit and play his stupid games, and I'll just be fat....so there! lol

I saw last night somebody's kiddo was pretty sick, I sure hope he's feeling better today.

Good work on a great day gals.

Lisa

MichelleRae
05-27-2004, 01:00 AM
Ok girls just wanted to come back and let you know I got a 2 mile walk in!! Tomorrow is gonna be tough cuz I'm babysitting for a friend of my sisters but I'll check in as I'm able :)

I hope all of you have a great night!!
Michelle

Loveliam
05-27-2004, 08:12 AM
Hello, ladies :) Hope you all had a good night. I slept pretty well, and woke at 6:30 so I could get stuff done before Liam wakes. I'm hoping he sleeps until 7:30 or 8.

American Idol: Well, the finale was pretty good (other than them wasting a whole extra hour, which was completely unnecessary for viewers, but I guess they get more ad money that way). I did cry at the end because Fantasia was so overcome with emotion, and I was thinking about her life up until that point, which couldn't have been easy - being a single mother and all. So, I got al teary eyed thinking about the life she can provide for her daughter now, and what a burden must be off her shoulders in that sense.

Diana handled herself with a lot of grace and maturity for her age. Of course, she's going to get a recording contract too. OMG!!! Did yo hear him say it was 65 or 60-something MILLION votes??? That's crazy!

My one question is, what will the career longevity of all 3 of the American Idol winners/runners-up? I know they have hits with their first albums, but I'm curious to see which stick around a long time and which don't.

Everyone: Thanks for your good wishes for DH. We're definitely happy it's nothing more serious :angel:

Crystal - Hmm . . . I will try drinking more water while/before/after I work out. Maybe it makes me more dehydrated overall, so I'm hungrier. Can't wait to hear what the doctor says :D

Geri - can't wait to see pics of the garden!

Spryng - Hey! I wrote my AI thing before reading your comments and they're so similar :lol: We must think a lot alike :) I love pregnancy, too, and while reading Crystal's posts was getting that "I miss being pregnant" feeling. My walking buddy says that if she liked pregnancy as much as I did, she'd have 16 children :lol: She had a very difficult pregnancy and is feeling worried about having more even though she really wants more. :strong: :bravo: for exercising tonight! Keep up the good work. As for dry Chicken - Whenever I make chicken in the oven (not stovetop skillet), it gets kind of dry, but a friend told me if you put some corn starch on it (I can't remember if you mix the cornstarch with anything or not - have to ask her), it keeps the juices in while baking.

Michelle - glad you enjoyed the AI finale. You're really dedicated to the walking. I love walking - especially since it's something I can do with Liam.

Lisa- Good for Gabe! He sounds like a determined little guy. As for walking, is there anyone in your neighborhood, or a friend who could come over/you go there to walk with? I walk with my downstairs neighbor and it's very motivating.

Montel Williams is suuposed to be having a show that looks at a bunch of different diets and how they work today. I'm not sure I'll be home to watch it.

Well, today it's our morning walk and then household chores all day. I desperately need to go to Target, but will wait until tomorrow. Tomorrow is my WI day! I'm kind of worried. I mean, I know I've lost something, but I wonder if I'll be diappointed if it's less than 2lbs. :eek:

watkinsguru
05-27-2004, 08:38 AM
Good morning Gals.

Leigh, don't be disappointed if your loss isn't enough. I mean a loss is a loss is a loss...
Hope you get some things done before Liam wakes up.

Spryng, I'm glad you like you dvd sorry you didn't like your dinner. You know I have a tough time having dinner that has anything to do with fruit. The two just don't mix well to me. The oven fried honey chicken was SOO good. You may need to try that one. Hope you get your lawn mower fixed. You're like me, I'm just getting into this kind of stuff, I had to add gas to the mower yesterday, I don't like messing with that kind of stuff.

Cindi, where are you girl. Haven't heard from you.

Ginny, bet you're having computer problems. Hope you're around soon.

Michelle, glad you got that walk in. You are good.

Geri, sorry about the typo, LOL!!! Hope y'all enjoy your friends and dEck this weekend. The house we sold had a huge deck that my dh built and it was so nice, I really miss it. The only thing I've got going on this holiday weekend is a cookout at my mom's on Monday. Hope you have a good day.

Lisa, glad that ds is getting around with the casts. It's amazing how much kids can do, they don't let a lot get in their way.

Well, I did NOT sleep well last night. Andrew, of course, couldn't breathe and I think he's teething. And he still shares a room with us which totally doesn't help. I won't get a nap today because of the doc's appt. and a few errands. And btw, the tooth fairy did NOT forget last night. Alisa's not awake yet, but the tooth fairy came around 11 last night, so she wouldn't forget.
Well, Andrew is awake and wants me to hold him, so I'm getting off here. I may not be back around until much later. Hope you all have a great day.
TTYL

Loveliam
05-27-2004, 08:56 AM
Hope you have a good day, Crystal. Sorry you and Andrew didn't sleep all that well :( Let us know how Alisa reacts to what the tooth fairy left her :)
I'm looking forward to hearing about your appointment later today.

spryng
05-27-2004, 10:11 AM
Good morning all!
WOw, did I have an LONG night last night. Storms hit about 1 am... then 30 min later our tornado sirens went off. I was so worried. We live in a little wood frame house, it has NO interior rooms, no celler, no basement. Every room is connected to an outside wall, even the closets. So needless to say, if a tornado ever hit our home we would be gone because there is no where to hide. So when ever we go under warning I panic. So I jumped up and ran to the tv to see where the tornado was spotted and thankfully it was a town below us and moving east so it would miss my town completley. So I went back to bed even though the sirens were still very loud and tried to sleep but of course couldn't unitl they finally shut off about 45 min later, then another storm moved through with more thunder and lightening so I had a hard time sleeping through it. So needless to say... I"M TIRED! LOL! We are suppose to have storms every night and day this week until mon so far. Sucks.
Crystal, your honey oven fried chicken did sound great. And you are more adventurous than I am with the lawn mowing thing, lol. I hired my dh's two little cousin's to come mow ours, I don't know anything about the lawn mower or even how to start it. I'll buy the battery sometime this weekend and put it inside and let the boys deal with it on monday, lol. But it gives them a little summer job and some cash in their pocket. They are a family of 6 so they don't get an allowance or anything, so this gives them some spending money for the summer. So I feel good about that. Plus they are great kids. I just love them to death. Well, have a great appointment! Does that doc do early ultrasounds to date the pregnancy?? I'm so excited for you!
Leigh, I can see Fantasia having a great career in the music business for some reason. The rest will fade away eventually. Kelly (from the first AI) seems to get some great songs out there but Rueben and Clay, not so good, and I don't really like Kimberly's single either. I think they will all fade away sooner or later. The girls will never be huge like Britney or Christina I don't think. But they should all enjoy the spotlight while it lasts. :) What are you having for dinner tonight? Did you get your first meny mailer yet?
Michelle, have fun babysitting today and check in when you can!
Lisa, if getting a puppy will force you to be out and walking at least once a day, I say go for it! :) I mean yeah they cost a little more to feed and all that but if it gets you moving then it's a good healthy thing for you to do and you can't put a price on health can you! lol.
Well... don't have much of anything planned today. Same stuff around the house. Dinner will be Mediteranean Fish, which I am looking forward to. What is everyone else having? I can't wait for my WI tomorrow. Not because I feel I lost weight, because I don't think I have this week. But I need flexpoints!! lol. I have been craving a hershey bar with almonds sooo badly the last couple of days. But I've come to the conclusion that I don't think I'll ever stay under 130 lbs. I mean it's been weeks since I hit my goal weight and I hover around 129-130 every week so maybe it's my setpoint?? What do you all think? I'm beginning to feel 125 is not reasonable for my body. But I'll give it a few more weeks to see what happens. I just started exercising again so maybe that will give me the push my metabolism needs. We'll see.
Ok, I need to get off here. Have a great day!!

need2losemore
05-27-2004, 10:50 AM
Good morning. I am gettingready to go get my hair highlighted. I don't know if I will get my exercise in today or not. Spryng, I completely understand getting panicked about the tornados. We don't have a place to go either. Luckily around here, they set the sirens off when the whole county is under a warning, but once they find out where it is exactly, they shut them off.
Leigh, there was a story on the news here yesterday about a women who had just had her 15th child. All the kids are under 16. She told her husband she wants more kids. She homeschools all of them, and their names all start with J. Geri, thanks for the rain. Although, you guys deserve a break from the rain. like spryng, we are supposed to have storms every day until monday.
My oldest ds starts summer school a week from today. I know its not real school, its fun, and it will help learn how to deal with going to school in August. It's kind of sad. Its only summer shcool, but I think I am going to cry any way. He's growning up so fast. And my other one is now COMPLETLY potty trained. No more pull ups at night. Well, ladies, have a great day.

Chubba
05-27-2004, 11:54 AM
A quick hello again this morning!! Have to go dishwasher shopping...my old crappy one is leaking! I wanted a better one anyway.
Also need to grocery shop.

Talk to you all later!!

MichelleRae
05-27-2004, 12:07 PM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

Well the girls are off playing and watching Dora so I have a few minutes to post! Nothing big planned today just babysitting and then I have to go to get a chext xray done, I've been having a little chest pain lately which is probably from my sarcoid which I think is flairing up I hope not, cuz I don't want to go on steroids again, as you can imagine the weight gain with prednisone is horrible!! So I have that today and I see my pulminologist tomorrow we'll figure it out :)

Crystal - So sorry you didn't sleep well last night. Hopefully tonight will be better :D Glad the toothfairy made it to your house ;) You'll have to let us know her reaction when she wakes up :D

Ricci - Have a great time getting your hair highlighted!! I know I will cry when my little ones head off to school. I'm glad I live right across the street from the school though so I can be there in a minute if they need me :)

Spryng - Oh my word!! I'm so sorry you are having such horrible weather. Tornados scare the crap out of me, I used to live in Michigan and we would get them there always had to hide in the basement. Do they not put basements in houses out there? We are having rain here too all grey skies and pretty icky out. Our lawn needs mowing so bad but the grass hasn't been dry for a few days so we just have to wait it out.

Ok now that this post has taken over an hour cuz I got a phone call lol. Well I better get off of here. I'll talk to you all later.

Michelle

spryng
05-27-2004, 12:32 PM
Hello again!

Michelle, I hope your chest x-ray comes out with good results. I know you don't want those steroids. BTW, have you called or heard from Penny lately? Been thinking about her and wish she'd change her mind. And yes, lol, some houses here have basements or storm cellers... just not mine, lol. It would be a good investment though someday... (a celler that is, in the backyard somewhere) but that means thousands of dollars we'd have to save for that. So maybe someday.
Geri, have fun dishwasher shopping! I just love mine. And it has a child lock on it so when it's running (or not) little fingers can't stop or start or change a load, lol.
Ricci, enjoy getting your hair done! I need to do re-do my highlights too. I do them at home though by myself. And 15 kids under 16!!!? That one kid a year! Does she have them naturally or c-sec? I would think her poor uterus would give up, lol. Mine would, lol.

Well I thought my two oldest would start preschool this fall, but I called all of them and most only take special ed kids (which mine won't qualify for that) or cost WAY too much. The lowest I found was 65 dollars a week per child! That would be 130 bucks a week! Can't swing that. So I guess Ava will have to wait one more year and then start Kindergarten. So Dh and I decided we'd set up my old computer in the living room for them and start them on our own little preschool with educational programs and things I can download and print off the internet. So they will both start school, just homeschool this year. I know Ava will be disapointed. She was looking forward to school this fall. (and so was I , lol) but that is ok... one more year won't hurt anything.
Well, I still haven't done one thing around here yet. I'm starting to slack on my flylady stuff. I need to get re-motivated on that! lol. So I'm off here to see what I can do. I just feel so tired. Maybe I'll catch up after nap time, lol. TTYL!

favepairobluejeans
05-27-2004, 02:44 PM
ok girls, how the heck did you end up in houses with no place to hide in the Tornado zone? I am scared to death of tornado's, I would so much rather have an earthquake! When we were shopping for our house, I would not even look at anything that did not have a basement. But, maybe we didn't need it afterall, becuase I told hubby that we were not allowed to have any tornadoes here, and he agreed, so its been arranged, no tornadoes! lol ( hey....its worked so far!...lol)

Allright, need to feed the baby, and put him down for his nap, he's about two hours behind schedule. Its a beautiful day out right now, I want to go get some gardening done. Talk to you all later, Lisa

Loveliam
05-27-2004, 03:37 PM
New Thread . . .
Hey, gals, I'm going to start a new thread and respond to your posts over there!

amy keene
08-18-2004, 02:08 PM
Hi my name is Amy, Im a sahm of 2 a 3yr old girl and a 5 mo old boy. I am struggling to loose the baby wt. I have done ww in the past but cant go to the meetings on a regular basis. Does anyone else have this problem? if so what is your solution?
amy