Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-22-2004, 08:01 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekend Chat, May 22nd and 23rd

Good morning

Its almost 8 am and the bambino is still sleeping

How's everyone this beautiful day?

Its funny, I mentioned to my sister that I wanted to take a trip to walmart today but then decided nah, well last night hubby says, I'd like to go to walmart tomorrow to get some stuff you know the longer you live together the more you can read each others minds so I guess we'll be doing that today.

I'm just going to fold laundry and take it easy, how about you all.

Oh gotta cut my nails, i cant type anymore
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 03:01 PM   #2  
Oooo Silly Me!

Morning Ladies... well almost afternoon LOL

We had a great time yesterday! James, Brit and I went out bowling togetehr. 3 hours and 5 games each... EEK! Was really good though, we had fun! I scored my high score of 190 and James got a new high score of 235 as well... OH! Brit... my goodness, she bowled her highest score EVER last night. She bowled a 133 LOL! She's only 11 and I'm so proud of her Her high score before that was 103. I had to get a print out of the score sheet so she could keep it and, I had to share it hehehe... I'm so proud of her

Oh and James and I made the papers this week for league scores hehehe, so I had to share that great news as well.

We had a really great weekend, at least so far. I just hope that it doesn't end with a bad BANG. Hehehe... I've kept on program, and I know i burned a lot of calories last night. Lets pray I can keep my calories down through out this weekend.

Now I just gotta get crackin on my paper

I hope everyone else is having a great weekend as well!

Hugz to all
Sue...

Last edited by SueMarie301; 05-22-2004 at 03:07 PM.
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 05:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

where is everybody at today?

We just got back from another graduation. It was nice, but boy am I glad it is the last one for this year (I think).

I've got some fresh picked green beans and fresh potatoes cooking down and will eat a bowl of them when they are finished cooking.

I've got loads of clothes to work on, should work on this dirty house, but it's too late and I'm not, then I gotta get my lesson together for tomorrow, and see what else has to be done around here. go go go

Leenie - what did you buy at Wallie World?

SueMarie - sounds like ya'll had a good time bowling! congrats on the high scores!

how is the rest of our gang doing?

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 05:06 PM   #4  

Wink Afternoon

Hey Ladies!

I hope all are well this weekend!

I am doing a little dance because I did my 270 minutes of cardio this week successfully and I slept so well too! I haven't been excited about exercise in awhile. So yeah! I booked a long weekend getaway for me and the DH too...vacation!!!!

Leenie to answer your question I am in finance. I am a financial wholesaler (used to be a financial advisor and hated it) and my clients are banks and I help banks with their clients with fixed income investments. exciting, eh?

Sue way to go on the bowling and by staying OP!

Tonight is going to play off hockey and out with a group of friends! Tomorow is church and visiting SIL in a new house.

I hope all are enjoying the weekend and that it's not raining in Louisiana Cathy and Kempy!

Quote:
The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

be well.

GEM/Summer
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 06:16 PM   #5  
CIN

Hi Gals,
It was hot and humid here in Ky today.......we had a Yard Sale..........it was pretty good.made $260......but man oh man it is a lot of work......left with very little to donate and dispose of! I am so glad to be free of clutter cutter cluter! Glad it is over.

We are going out to eat in a few minutes and resting th rest of the weekend.of course.we will go to church Sunday!

Sometimes I am not sure if yard sales are worth the effort or not.............but I am going to try to NOT replace all the little junky things again so quickly! I like a neat uncluttered look about the house................. !

Later taters
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 03:30 AM   #6  
Oooo Silly Me!

Good Evening Ladies...

I bought myself a pedometer, even though McDonalds has free ones... they don't seem to have those adult happy meals available here yet and I was impatient *big grin* Anyways, I bought myself a set of work out weights, came with a set of 1 2 3 & 5lb weights. I also bought a video tape to work out with . Kathy Smith - Lifting Weight to lose weight. Man, I'm outta shape LOL I was hurting and I know I am gonna be hurting in the morning as well. It was a 40 minute upper and lower body work out. I got through all of it, but I had to some short breaks in there to make sure the parts of my body were still attached. Yup they all here! I also did about an hours worth of gardening. I had to prune my roses down and weed the front garden. I had a very good day today. I'm still trying to find my Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies video. It's somewhere around here! I'll find it sooner or later.

I hope everyone has had a good day... gonna go jump in shower and head to bed... catch you all later...

Huggers...
Sue...
Old 05-23-2004, 08:48 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning Everyone,

Cathy glad the graduation went well, yesterday they said we were suposed to, if lucky, get peeks of sun, well let me tell you, there wasn't a cloud in the sky come 11 am, it was sunny ALL day and HOT HOT HOT!!! So I cleaned until 11:30 took a shower and went outside, how far off could the weather man be, sheesh.

SueMarie, congrats on the bowling scores, sounds like you really had a wonderful time and good for you for getting new tapes and a pedometer. Have fun !!!!!

Summer your the busy one congrats on the cardio time, WOW thats amazing. Where are you going for vacation ? I haven't been on vacation in almost 15 years some day soon though , I'm gettin itchy lol. DD is only 2 1/2 so I'm hopin when she' out of diapers we will go some where.

Cin I give you credit for hosting a garage sale. When I cleaned out our "attic" I threw away alot of stuff, you'd kill me if you knew what I tossed. The though of a garage sale is just to overwhelming to me. I donated some but ashamed I should have donated it all my house is still cluttered lol but not as bad, its more so wall to wall toys lol.

Today was supposed to be sunny but its cloudy out now, maybe it will clear up later.

We went to walmart and got one of those mini pools that come w/a filter, filters, chlorine, cereal, those extra big Ogre M&M's (yeah they are good ) some shirts for my sister's b-day tuesday, and a tinkerbell orange purse for dd.

is calling.

TTYL, Hugs
Old 05-23-2004, 01:27 PM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

Oy, I'm sore

No sun here either...it's still early tho, maybe it will clear up some.

There will be no work for me today, the only part of my body getting exercise will be my brain and my fingers... I got a paper to write... boy did I procrastinate! It's due Tuesday.

Leenie - Thanks! We got one of those Sun & Set pools... or is it Set & Sun... either way it's 16 feet wide and goes 3 feet deep. Was cheaper than getting an in ground pool *dorky grin* but the kid loves it and I get some good use out of it. Cept Friday we found out the filter pump died. We just replaced it 2 months ago so now I have to wait til monday to call the compnay to have them replace it. Grrrr... OH! and I found my Richard Simmons tape lol, so I'm poindering working on him tonight if I get far witih my paper.

Summer - ahhh vacation... I'm trying to plan one... I hope you have fun! Send us all a post card hehehe...

Have a good day everyone!

Sue...
Old 05-23-2004, 05:07 PM   #9  

Hi everyone

DH & I......& Charlie our dog are still at DS1 & his DW's house....near Vancouver....the honeymooners are coming back later today. We leave for home on Tuesday.

Haven been OP much while here....it's really hard when one is away....will get back to it when I get home. I did some shopping with a friend this week....for clothes...for the summer....met friends twice while here....mostly relaxing with the dogs.

Leenie....there are times when DH or I will say something....& the other one was just thinking the same thing.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 06:50 PM   #10  
Rattie Lover

Unhappy I had a bad weekend...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

I'm home!! I have a freaking headache and I'm in a rotten mood so I am not going to post much cause I don't want to be too negative and bring the moods down. If you want to read about it just go here...I left it in the bite me thread...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40652

I'll be back when I feel more chipper. Right now I'd like to just ring some necks!!!!!!!! But I'll opt for a nap instead.

PS: Hubby didn't go with us. He wound up getting sick and yakking too, like the kid did Wed. Poor guy. That's why he yelled at the cat. He finally fell asleep and the cat woke him up. *sigh*
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 10:34 PM   #11  

Default The weekend draws to an end

Hello All-

It sounds like you have all been busy. We have been busy too. We had a yard sale yesterday. All the left overs were taken to charity, the younger stepson had to have a hair cut, I got to the grocery store without my checkbook. That meant that I had to by the things I needed to celeberate my husbands birthday on $20.00. I successed !!!!!!!! with 2 dollars to spare.
In the second trip to the grocery store (the local one with higher prices), I took my checkbook. As I got in my car, I had 2 thin mints cookies. I know I shouldn't have had them but....... Just as I put them in my mouth, my husband taps on the window. Boy did I feel like a 2 year old. But I am quite proud of the fact that I didn't let that bum me out. I didn't pick up extra candy or calories while I was at the grocery store.

All in all, I may not have been perfect this weekend but I didn't fall all the way down. That is an empowering feeling. One of the first I have had in a while. I hope that is the start of a good week.

I wish you all a good week.
Arenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 07:48 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Arenee GOOD FOR YOU !!! and your soooooooo right, two little cookies isn't something you should beat yourself up over, I think you did good at satifying your craving and stoping at 2. I would have eaten the entire box........ I'm an all or nothing person, part of my wl problem.

BRAVO !!