View Poll Results: Heads or tails? (When flipping a coin)
Heads 14 66.67%
Tails 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2001, 05:00 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

hokey, thought i'd better start the thread....

but i was so busy yesterday that i've still to catch up on all the posts. and i have a sore throat (sympathy please!).

anyhow. i'll try to get back on later to catch up, until then - hope you are all having a fantastic day.

love kirsty
Old 04-10-2001, 05:47 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

becky - i noticed your question about losing 2.5 pounds a week. personally i think that is a bit too fast. WW recommend between 1 and 2 pounds a week. when i was doing it i lost about 7 pounds every 3 weeks, but this petered off as i got nearer goal. there is no harm in trying, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't happen.
Old 04-10-2001, 07:29 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Kirsty! maybe make yourself a cup of tea with honey it should help
im still trying to get more than 4 hours sleep with the meridia but its better than 2
anyway i have to go do some study guides i have a study group in 2 hours i hate the end of the semester!
BUTT lol its going to be a good day again
and i think i lost a lil i ahve to chekc on thursday or friday
Old 04-10-2001, 08:48 AM   #4  
Fudgesicle Freak!!

Default Good Morning!!

Happy Tuesday Girls, I am sooooo glad that this is a short week, I have been very tired latley. All I want to do is sleep!!! I have WI in on Wednesday and I am a little scared I have not been for 2 weeks(holidays) we walked ALOT in Vancouver BUT I also ate some not so great food!!!! Also I have been a little lazy since I have been back, like I said earlier all I want to do is sleep!! Kirsty I hope that you feel better and that the sore throat doesn't turn into something worse
KO good luck with the studying, I always got so stressed out around the end of a semester!!!

And to everyone else, Have a great day

Steph
Old 04-10-2001, 09:34 AM   #5  
Scotland's finest export

Default i'm so proud of me

a box of milk tray was pushed under my nose and i didn't take a single one. i looked at them, thought about it and decided no (cos i'd much rather have a margarita tonight!).
hooray for me! and if sore throat doesn't improve i may skip the margarita too!
Old 04-10-2001, 09:48 AM   #6  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default It's gotta be heads!

Morning all, I went to bed last night with a HUGE headache...and it is not going away . Emma went down for a nap about 15 minutes ago...and I just heard her ...she has already woken up. Yesterday I ate a total of 23 pts and my minimum is 24. I can honestly say I could not eat any more. I was so NOT hungry when I went to bed I figured what was the point of forcing food just to reach minimum. Woke up this morning, still not hungry but forced a peice of toast at 2 pts. Tuesdays we usually eat dickie Lee (like KFC) so I am saving for tonight. So glad I am not hungry now.

I have arthritis and that is acting up today, and so far it has just been a crappy day. Hopefully it will get better....I have a bunch of friends I meet every tuesday and we just socialize all morning, so I will be leaving shortly.

Oh, one other thing: YOU ladies can NOT have Joey....because He is MINE!! LOL (well at least he was 10 years ago)

(hugs to all) and have a great OP day!

Angie
Old 04-10-2001, 09:50 AM   #7  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default KrIsTy

Great job at saying no to the milk things (I am assuming it is some type of chocolate)

Enjoy that drink tonight!

(hugs)

Angie
Old 04-10-2001, 09:50 AM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Default U2 Tonite!! Yeeeee HaWWWWWW!!!

No, we don't really say that in CAlgary.....hee hee hee.

Well, I am so excited, I can hardly contain myself. And my sister Kristin called to inform me that while we were at Platinum Blonde, U2 was drinking at local Irish Pub. Very sad. Very sad indeed. But, this is life.

B/f, not so excited. But, I was going to go home last night and he wanted me to hang out for a bit and nap with him.....it was nice!! Then I did go home to sleep (had no work clothes, so opted to sleep at my place alone) and he drove me to work today again (might have to "prolong" toe pain to keep gettting these nice drives and extra cuddles!!). So I guess the b/f thing is workingout. Also, got phone bill yesterday and there were only 2 one minute calls to the ex. Hurray!! So, this must mean that things are going better.

Kirsty - much sympathy going your way, I have deep pains for you!! Try the honey and tea, worked a bit for me!!!

Steph - hey! Did you watch this hour has 22 min last night? It was the rerun of the season finale...i know, how lame am I? It was funny.... Did you vote for Stockwell Day to change his name to Doris Day? I did...again, how lame. Maybe if you feel like sleeping your body is telling you something. Iknow for me, that when I am tired, like really craving a nap, it usually means I have been abusing my body in some way or are coming down with something.

Kierie - good luck with your studies!! You will miss it when you are done though...I do!! So enjoy it too! May the force be with you!!

Well, saving points for a few beer at the U2 concert....AH, Larry Mullen, babe extrordinaire!!

I liked NKOTB too!!....well, when I was little of course...

Better get to work.

Have a good day!!

Belle
Old 04-10-2001, 09:52 AM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default HI ALL

Well, I exercised again last night, yah me. But skipped the stretching afterwards since Emma started holloring at me that she was hungry.

I am having major difficulties with my hubby lately. We argue all the time since Emma was born. I think it is just the drastic change in our lives, but none the less it is driving me nuts. Little things set us off!! And he has started doing all the crazy quirks he used to do when we first met. UGHHHH OK got that off my chest. This morning the dog pooped all over the floor and I caught her in the act... threw her outside and she decided to run to the neighbors a couple houses away to play. The have the grossest yard. no grass, he just piled chipped up brush all over the huge yard and now verments live in the crud! And he sprays pesticides and weed killer all the time. Our yards are kiddy corner, so it drifts to ours sometimes. I was out gardening while I was PG and he started spraying like mad, I almost killed him.... So the dog is over there and hubby decides to take the longest shower known to man (he has been doing this since Emma was born!) I could not get her back in the house and was ready to shoot her.... OK, that is my frustration today! Sorry for the ramble!!!

On a good note... I thought I ate bad yesterday but ended at the low end of my points. I had the MOST delectible snack last night! I will post it. Hubby LOVED it! I found it on another site yesterday! Also, I made the Angel Food and Pineapple cake last night.. YUMMMMM....

Have a great day all!
Old 04-10-2001, 09:52 AM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Default NKOTB

10 Years ago...well, 12 or so, I would have taken Donnie in a flash. But,after seeing him in recent flicks, decided No, not for me!!

Has anyone SEEN Joe since then? I don't think I have....

Ah, New Kids.
Old 04-10-2001, 09:56 AM   #11  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Belle... About 2 years ago Joe came out with a solo album. He is a good looking adult now! beautiful eyes!! Have fun tonight!
Old 04-10-2001, 10:17 AM   #12  

Good morning ladies!

Ok, first of all, it wasn't NKOTB for me, it was Shaun Cassidy, I had his microphone machine (with his pic on it), his album, and some lovely, white, bell-bottoms that had his pic airbrushed on the bell-bottom part. Whoo, hoo!!!! (Did I just date myself?)

Jen ~ Try to relax a bit about the DH, child and dog. I've been there! It is such a big adjustment having a child, and remember, sometimes our DH's feel a bit neglected at first, they were used to being the child, before the child came along!! I think my oldest was about a year old, before I finally found my groove, and things seemed to click in the household!

Belle ~ Have fun at the U2 concert, I read in the USA Today that they put on a fantastic show!

momof2girls ~ I understand the headache deal, I had another migraine on Sunday, had to pop a Vikadin to help relieve some of the pain. Some days (not many!) I can't eat my minimum, and I know that some say, "oh, give me a break", but on those days, I don't, I don't think it is good to eat when you are not hungry. If your like me, there are days that you eat way more than the minimum, or max for that matter!!!

Kirsty ~ Say no to the chocolate!!! Don't you hate co-workers!?!?!?!

Flaky One ~ I hope you get your energy back, try to relax and stay OP!!

KO ~ Good luck with your studying!

Well, I haven't had a chance to read thru all the posts from yesterday, but I will get thru them!

I am getting my hair cut today, I am needing a new "do", my poofy-80's look went out years ago, time to move on!!

Still busy at work, but it will calm down in a month or so when school is out. I am planning on taking every Friday off this summer, which will be great, I am looking forward to more time with my kids.

It is cold here today, in the 40's. And, it is suppose to rain all week. I wish it would be sunny and even 60 degrees out!! Our mountain bikes are just sitting in the garage because it has rained yesterday, and will continue until Friday. Ahhhh!!

Well, I am feeling more WW refreshed, and have recommitted myself to journalling. I have been pretty lax these last few weeks, and thank goodness, I have maintained, but I still have 4 pounds to lose, so I need to get with it. Also, my water intake, is suffering, I need to regain control of that area too!

Well, better get going, I have to teach a class at 10 a.m.

Check in later!
Old 04-10-2001, 10:19 AM   #13  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Hello All

Well, I avoided the evil donuts at work yesterday. I work for a CPA firm and in the US it is tax season. OUr taxes are due April 15th. So this last week of tax season we have treats everwhere. It is like a treat minefield! I am happy tax season is almost over as I am not a CPA (I handle their marketing and public relations) so I have had bursts of busy rather than a steady flow of work.

I think I am on a positive weight loss mode. I was talking with my sister yesterday. We have promised each other that we will be careful over Easter (I can really over do it on the food when I am with my folks). She is trying to lose weight for a friends wedding (althought I think she looks great as she is). HOwever, it will be nice to have someone at home to help me stay on track.

I can not remember who asked about the reserection cookies, but they went ok. I made some at home before church so we did not have the issue of them not working at church. The kids did not even notice that the cookies just were "done." These cookies would be very cool to do at home with kids. anyway, next year I think I will break the ages up a little as there were too many kids for them to really be hands-on.

Kirsty, I am sorry that you are not feeling well. Oh, and GREAT JOB on the candy (we all seem to have candy onteh brain lately. Must be due to holiday candy in the store). You are right, WW is about making choices. Oh, could you post the running web address again. I have been running (thank you Ali for the breathing advice, I try to keep that in mind) but need more instruction. What type of shoes did you end up getting? I need new ones for this.

Ali and everyone else who lost, great job!!

Belle: how was U2? I am so jelous as I LOVE them and my hubby WORSHIPS them (being 30 and a bit older than some of you all, U2 was the thing when we were in HS). Anyway, I was unable to get tickets in Chicago as they sold out in like 20min for both shows! Ahh! I hope that they swing back this way at the end of the tour for an outside show. The only time I have seen Bono is when he made a special apperence at a Bowie concert I saw in '90-'91 or so.

Becky: I agree with Kirsty and others that 2.5 may be a bit agressive per week. I would say just focuse on doing things on program and let the weight go as it goes. I find that if I set "total weight down buy this date" goals, I set myself up for disapointment as I tend to lose weight in strange chunks. So instread I try to work on the things I can control. Now, that is for me as I know some have ahd great success in setting weight loss goals.

Steph: Good luck at weigh in. I bet the walking made up for the eating and if not, don't worry and just get back on track.

KO: I hope you are able to get your meds worked out. Sleep is very important (Brenda!)

Brenda: I saw on the Today Show that it may snow where you are. Ah. Oh, I was also thinking about your doggies. I think he may have seperation issues with you gone so much. I bet he grows out of a lot of this, but you may want to have a chat with you vet to see what they say.

Jen: what kind of dress are you making for Emma? How great that you can do that. It will be something to treasure!

Lolly: Has the cake fairy been back lately? Try not to stress about work too much and make sure you are enjoying your time in Spain. Have you heard any more about Kansas?

Kim: You said you are going "back to school?" do I remember that correctly? A seminar class? anyway, just wondering when that starts etc. Sounds cool.

Tonya: What types of bikes did you get? I love to power bike. I think I will try to get a new one this summer.

Sorry that I dont have time to say hey to everyone personnaly. I will try to get back. Have a great day. I will check back.

Trish

Last edited by Trish O; 04-10-2001 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-10-2001, 10:21 AM   #14  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Wow

Many people posted while I was typeing my monster post. I will go and read them now and get back with you all later, but just wanted to say HI for today to you all.

Trish
Old 04-10-2001, 10:27 AM   #15  
Scotland's finest export

trish, the running website was:
http://kicksports.com/new/couch.shtml
i'm on week 5 now! i plan to do it tomorrow, so hopefully throat will be better! i'd hate to lose the stamina i've built up so far.
i still need to go buy new shoes. but i want to go to this store that uses a footscan and treadmill to analyse what your feet need!
ali - can't wait to see a blonde piccie btw!
and i'm still confused with the days of the week at work! it's thursday today for me (because we're off friday and monday for easter). and ooh, i really wish it was in the real world!
Closed Thread