Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-20-2004, 07:33 PM   #1  

Talking Glad to see I am not alone...

I am very glad to see I am not the only one on here with an eating disorder. I swear people don't understand them. I have been through anorexia, bulimia and compulsive eating. I am only 18. Right now, I am not sure what I am. I know I have anorexia, but when I have to eat I EAT. I am trying to get away from that. That and fasting. I am sick of completely starving myself. Dieting is okay, but not to the point where I am only eating like 10 calories a day.

Sorry, I hope I am not the only one with THIS problem, but at least I know others have eating disorders. Which if you think about it, are all the same, just we use food differently.

I am outta. Bye
Trista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 08:57 PM   #2  
Searching

Yes Trista we all are the same, just with different behaviors, and most of us our complex no matter what are size. To me dieting isn't okay though, maybe for others but absolutely not for me. I have abused food for too long and wasted too much time obsessing over it.

Please join us on our daily thread where we share our experience, strength, and hope.

Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 10:18 PM   #3  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hey Trista -

I've run the gamut, too. Everything except bulimia, because I hate to puke.

Keep coming back
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:36 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Trista considered yourself HUGGED !!!!! and know that your right, you are not alone. Millions suffer in silence.

GemGirl if you don't mind me asking, have you considered seeing a doctor? the bruises and chest pains your describing is very scary. I know its hard to make the first step but once you do, you will feel like the weight of the world is off your shoulders.

I am finally going to see a therapist next week, tuesday to be exact, after MANY MANY M-A-N-Y years of struggling w/my over eating/disorder. I am scared, nervous and excited a the same time. I'm sick and tired of being like this, I need help and I'm not embarassed to ask for it anymore.

Hugs !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:54 AM   #5  

Excellent advise Leenie! I too am going to go to the doc sometime soon. I am working on getting the courage to go. My husband says he will go with me so that will help. I really want to lose this weight by myself without the help of any doctors or pills but I do need to get my depression under contriol. I know that will make losing this weight so much easier. Well, the girls are here to go for a walk so I'll talk to ya'll later. Have a great day everyone!

Leigh
leigh83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 11:22 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Leigh, I'm proud of you for making that decision. It isn't easy going to some one strange and spilling your guts, God only know's how hard it is and nobody understands how you feel but you.

We all have to stop feeling ashamed of our eating disorders and realize this is not something to be embarassed about, I think once we can get over this guilt/shame we have a good shot of getting healthy both mentally and physically (just think how much better our families would feel).

I agree, the weight is a major health risk factor, but mostly when seeking help, we need to learn about ourselves and what makes us do the things we do. We all know how to eat healthy but what we need to learn is why we don't. IMHO each of us has issues that we don't even know about or we don't know how to deal with and thats what I'm hoping a therapist can help me with.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 10:50 AM   #7  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemGirl
Hi,

No matter how low the scale is, it is not good enough. I think I am about 95 lbs currently. Not quite sure if that is accurate. I think I am about or around 5'3". There are times when I want to eat, but every time I eat, I get the feelings of wanting to continue and not stop.
Dear GemGirl,

I would like to urge you to go see a doctor too! At your height and weight, you are already about 18 pounds underweight (according to Weight Watcher charts.) The bruising on your legs sounds like malnutrition from your restricted diet, probably a lack of iron and Vitamin K. You may be lacking calcium and magnesium too, which disrupts muscle function and leads to cramping... and electrolytes, which pace the heart's beating. The fact that you are having chest pains is very very worrying... please take care of yourself and have a medical check-up!

As for your diet, may I suggest trying to eat more whole foods, like dark leafy greens, fruits like papaya or pineapple for their healing enzymes, Vitamin K-rich foods (alfalfa sprouts, sea greens, peppers, citrus fruits), and Vitamin C-rich foods (citrus, strawberries and other berries, grapes, peppers and broccoli.) A high vegetable protein, high complex carbohydrate diet, with a healthy breakfast every morning, like whole grain cereals, fruit and yogurt, will help your body heal.

Your vitamin purchase is a step towards your better health. Please DO see a doctor though, because you need more care than just vitamin therapy.

Take care :
Sarah
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 05:39 PM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Quickie... sorry I'm in a bit of a rush. Just wanted to send hugs to all of you.
This is a link from a very dear friend of mine. It frightens me to see how quickly a disease can overcome someone.
http://www.featherweightinc.com/
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 08:55 PM   #9  
Searching

Gem Girl- please seek professional help

Sarah-long time no see

Ellis- awesome link, I liked the book list anyone who carries the message of awareness and recovery please help us all

Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 11:57 PM   #10  

thanks guys. and gem girl, you can IM me anytime. I know to you you might not feel thin, but you are. but i am not going to tell you that you need to get help. deep down i know you know that, but its not going to happen over night. i am here for you. *hug*
Trista is offline   Reply With Quote