South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 09:52 AM   #1  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Default Volume Eaters and other questions?

I am trying to set myself up to start SBD within the next couple of days and have some questions.

I am a volume eater. Any suggestions?

I take it the menu plans are just a guide. You can interchange certain things. For example I don't like fish (except shrimp). Could I use chicken breast instead for dinner?

Also, how do you get over the mindset of NOT having bread or starch with your meals? I am freaking out a little bit thinking of just protein and vegies.

Do any of you belong to or have belonged to the Official Website? Was it/is it helpful? I was thinking of trying it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Anne - Most certainly you can mix and match just make sure you are sticking to the phase I approved foods list I eat a TON of chicken breast lol. Also if I feel hungrier I eat veggies they fill you up pretty good and also keep the water going all day long!! I drink about 144 oz of water a day but I also take a daily vitamin so I'm not flushing nutrients out of my system I have also taken to stuffing my chicken breasts, I use zucchini sprayed with i can't believe its not butter spray, broccoli and garlic, mushrooms, a piece of string cheese (part skim) and I also bought 1 step chicken seasoning herb garlic flavor, I think McCormack makes it ohhh soo good on chicken!
Hope this helps
Michelle
Old 05-19-2004, 12:09 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You CAN have carbs with your meals - legumes are allowed. Please check out FAQ and the Recipe section. Limit legumes to 1/2 cup per day at first.
Volume eating? Strive for variety rahter than a lot of the same thing. That way you will meet your nutritional needs.
Closed Thread