South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 12:45 PM   #1  

Default New to this Diet...any success stories for encouragement?

Hi there! Im new to this diet and was wondering how successful you have been on this? I had a baby 6 months ago...I gained 45 lbs with the pregnancy but have lost 50 since then by pure luck I suppose. But prior to getting pregnant I wanted to lose 30-40lbs. So Id like to reach this new goal soon! Swim suit season is NOW for us Floridians

Im hoping to stick with it. The main thing I think that is holding me back from my weight loss goal is our weekend casual beer drinking, so thats the first change Im going to make.

I hope to join this board for advice and tips! Please encourage me by sharing some success stories!!!! Thank you!!!!
Old 05-13-2004, 03:30 PM   #2  

I love, love, love this diet. I have been on it for 3 and a half weeks and have lost 14.5 lbs. I am shocked at how easy it has been for me. Don't get me wrong there are times of great temptations but with the lack of cravings it is not as difficult to resist those temptations. I suggest that you try a lot of different recipes so that you don't get bored and if you have a sweet tooth like I do make the desserts from the web site. Good luck I am sure if you stick with it you WILL have success on this diet.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:38 AM   #3  
resident lactivist

I have been following a South Beach style eating plan since before the book was published. (Cobbled it together on my own.) I started dieting about, hmm, two months after my elder daughter was born. I was 224 the first time I weighed myself. I'm 38 pounds lighter than that. It's taken me a while to get this far, yes, but you must take into consideration that I had a second pregnancy in there!

I will also say that I credit this style of eating with the existence of my second daughter. I have PCOS, which makes it difficult not only to lose weight but to get pregnant. By following the basic tenets of South Beach, I managed to not just lose weight but gain a measure of control over my hormones and get pregnant with my second daughter almost embarassingly easily. (Two months of trying, as opposed to 18 months with my first!)
Old 05-14-2004, 08:35 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Good Morning Ladies,

I too had weight to lose before having my babies. I have had three boys within 5 years and I had 40 pounds to lose before I got prego with the first.....

I have been on SB since 2-23-04 and started at 182.50. I am now at 164.5 as of this morning.

It is definetely working!

Good Luck!
Old 05-14-2004, 09:45 AM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi there!

I love this plan of eating! I started 11 days ago and am down 7 pounds. It's fairly easy -- I even think the strict phase is. There are temptations but so far so good. I'm even going to stay on the strict phase for a while longer!
Old 05-14-2004, 06:04 PM   #6  
Miss_Smarty_Pants

S/C/G: 160/150/130

I've been on the plan for 9 weeks and have lost 11 of the 15 lbs I was trying to lose. You will gain so much more energy and be surprised at how quickly you lose your cravings!
Old 05-14-2004, 06:41 PM   #7  

I absolutely love this diet. I have tried numerous diets and this is the first one that I have been able to stick with. I started on 29 Mar 04 and have lost 17lbs so far and a ton of inches (down 3 sizes). I have not been exercising as much as I should be but the weight is still coming off. It is like it just melts off. My skin has cleared up and I feel great (more energy, more self confidence) Some days are tough but if you stick to it you will see results. You will probably surprise yourself with how much will power you have, I know I did.

The ladies on this site are wonderful. Lots of great advice and support. It is also a great place to ask questions if you aren't sure about something.

Lucy Mac

SW: 176
CW: 159
GW: 125
Old 05-18-2004, 10:23 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Callalily!

Congratulations on your wonderful weightloss and your bundle of joy! My mother is still overweight from her pregnancy with my sisters over 26 years ago, so I know that it can be very hard to lose that weight!

I have been on SBD since 4/28/04, and have lost 26-28 pounds so far (My scale wasn't working before I started, hence the variability). I really love this diet! I feel much better than I have in a long time, spiritually, emotionally, and physically. I am attempting to exercise along with the diet and have been blessed to have this group and to have found lots of great recipes that made it easier.

Hope this helps and that you are motivated to finish your weightloss...you have gone so far already!
Old 05-18-2004, 11:12 AM   #9  

Wink

I have been on it since Feb and have lost 16 pounds. I think it's the plan for me. I haven't had a craving for pasta or bread for a long time and avoid it at all costs. Even took a trip to Myrtle Beach for a week with my hubby and stayed on SB very easily. Much easier to eat out than to eat at home I find. I like not counting points like WW and I like the combination of the some of the foods in their cook book. I haven't had any blood work done yet but I hear your cholosterol can go up because of the amount of eggs and cheese. I stick to low fat cheese (4%) and low cholosterol eggs. I use more egg whites now than ever before. I go on Phase I and Phase II every other week.

I have gone down a size and just overall feel better. I will stick to this one.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:53 PM   #10  

Never replied before, hope I'm doing this right.

I'm a newbie myself. I've lost about 5 pounds, and I have a few days until Phase 1 ends. Never thought I'd make it. Don't let the 5 pounds discourage you, b/c I don't have lots & lots to lose.

The thing that I LOVE about this eating plan is that it melts away belly fat. I SWEAR. I can now get into my size 12 clothes again just because I've lost a few pounds of my gut.

The other thing I've noticed is that my mood has much improved. I was actually thinking about starting an anti-depressant or something before SB.

But, after the first 3 days, (which were horrible), I stopped carb swinging and I felt alive again. Happy. My husband has started talking to me again and I'm not so quick to let my kids irritate me

It's worth it. Just ignore what negative people have to say about SB. They have no idea what they are talking about.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:00 PM   #11  

Thanks so much for your responses! Im going to start 100% this week, we've been busy and Ive got off track a little (but didnt gain anything back, thank goodness!)
Closed Thread