Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2001, 10:49 PM   #1  

I am considering joining WW, but would like some advice. I am 45, 5'3, weight 240, and have high cholesterol and moderately high blood pressure. I live alone, but hate to cook, and have problems with portion sizes. I'd appeciate it if those who are familiar with the current WW plan can let me know (e-mail fine) about their experiences with the plan. Oh yes, I have to avoid wheat (At worst, I break out in hives, but my usual reaction is swollen eyes and general itching.)

Thanks for any insight that you can offer--

baosi

------------------
"Do it big, do it right, and do it with style." --Fred Astaire
Old 02-23-2001, 10:57 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Mare has allergies to wheat (Mare where are you haven't seen you around recently) and does just fine on W/W. This program can be done with little cooking or at least a moderate cooking with easy recipes. The program is designed to teach you portion control and even has tips on how to judge a portion size. You may need to measure for a while until you can eyeball them and then occassionally after that so you keep yourself honest. Over at Dotties ( www.dottiesweightlosszone.com ) in the message boards there is a specific section for recipes for 1 or 2 servings that are easy to prepare.

I'd respond with more detail via e-mail but you didn't list it and there is no way to obtain it in the profiles here.
Old 02-24-2001, 03:22 AM   #3  

Kelly--

Thanks for your response. My e-mail address is [email protected].

baosi

------------------
"Do it big, do it right, and do it with style." --Fred Astaire
Old 02-24-2001, 04:56 AM   #4  
Queen of the Fresh Start

baosi,

I'd like you to know about our Fabulous Forties group. We're all in this together, and I've never found a more supportive group of women.

If you'd like, check us out under the Other Age Groups thread. Hope we'll see you there.

I like your signature line!

~Jen

[This message has been edited by Jenny523 (edited 02-23-2001).]
Closed Thread