Old 05-02-2004, 10:34 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of ***May 2***

Good Morning Ladies.

Hope that everyone had a great May Day. We aren't doing much today. I didn't even put my contacts on so I don't know if we are going out later or not. It's raining and yucky here so we may go to the mall later. I have a Gymboree GC burning a hole in my pocket.

Have a great day ya'll!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 11:05 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Like Karen said, it's rainy and yucky here. It's supposedly 70°, but it sure doesn't feel like it. :rain

Jackie, I'm soo sorry to hear about your mom, I will pray for peace for her and your family.

We're going to my mom's later to have dinner. Have to go shopping too, for meals for the week.

Oh, I lost 2 lbs. this week!!! I weighed myself yesterday AM. I tried to cut out the snacks at work basically, and that's about it. I'm also very proud of myself because I went to lunch with a friend of mine yesterday. We went to Macaroni Grill and I was having a really hard time deciding on something...it all sounded soo good. I almost ordered twice baked lasagna w/meatballs, but instead I got the spinach and garlic salad with a side of grilled balsamic honey chicken. It was sauteed spinach w/garlic and lemon. It was delicious!

Hope everyone's having a good weekend!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 05:22 PM   #3  

hello.

I'm back home. My sister's house was rough! So many temptations. I weighed this morning though and it doesn't look like I gained - knock on wood! I am really going to behave for the rest of the week.

Jackie - I'm so sorry about your mom. I am praying for strength for you and your family.

Lauren - Hooray for the loss! That's gotta make you feel good.

I don't know if I mentioned this yet or not (if so, sorry to repeat myself) but I've noticed that my clothes from last spring/summer are fitting me MUCH better this year. I wore a blouse to the party Saturday that I just love but had only worn once or twice before because it got too tight. Nice to be fitting back into things.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 08:08 PM   #4  
LBH

Yeah Rabbit!!!
Old 05-04-2004, 09:27 AM   #5  

Hi guys,

We are getting our furniture for downstairs tomorrow!! Yippee!! I'm so excited. I'm tired of the broken stuff we have down here. The papasan will be thrown out and DH is *so* sad about it. It's broken in two places so I think it has to go.

Rabbit: Yeah on fitting into the clothes! That is so super. I know you must feel great about it. I'm glad that you did well at your sister's house.

It's a beautiful but nippy day here. Playgroup is at my house so I gotta go get ready. Have a great day all!!
Old 05-04-2004, 11:22 AM   #6  

hello all. Another quick post - another busy day. I am home this morning but have tennis this afternoon and then I have to get back home and meet with a carpenter guy who is going to do some work for us. DH has went out of town, my FIL is in the hospital and is in surgery now for internal bleeding - they think from the stomach. Please add him to your prayer list.

RR - I've been thinking about you and hope you are doing well.

Lauren & Karen - thanks for the congrats! The blouse was even loose!

gotta run - Rabbit
Old 05-04-2004, 01:09 PM   #7  
LBH

Rabbit, I'll be praying for FIL.

Jackie, how's thing going with your mom?

RR, how are you doing?
Old 05-05-2004, 02:07 PM   #8  

hello.

Thanks Lauren.

FIL seems to be doing fine - haven't heard much today. He had 3 bleeding ulcers that they were able to sew up. DH said he will be in pain for awhile. They kept him drugged up last night because they didn't want him to wake up yet because of the pain.

Did I mention I'm leaving town again this weekend? I will be headed to DC to pick up DS. Leaving Saturday and will be home Wednesday.

Rabbit
Old 05-05-2004, 02:17 PM   #9  

Hi guys,

The new furniture is here and it looks awesome!! I love having comfy stuff down here now. Next we are going to look for a small desk instead of an end table. I'm using a card table right now and I like the height. I guess it's off to Target!!

Rabbit: I hope your fil is feeling better soon. Surgery sucks, but hopefully they did what was needed to fix the problem. Another busy weekend. Off to get DS? I bet you are excited.

Lauren: How's things?

RR and Jack: Hope things are going well with you two.

Off to sit on the new furniture!!
Old 05-05-2004, 11:54 PM   #10  

Good evening to all..............I have really missed you all very much!!!!!

I am still at my parent's house and decided to take a break from things and pop in and let you know how things are.

You won't believe it, but my Mom has seemed to pull through this time. I really felt like she was at the end last weekend. She has had a miracle, so thanks for all your prayers!!!!! I will probably head home over the weekend if she continues to do well. They are stilll very concerned with her kidneys and hopefully we will get the results of her ultrasound tomorrow. My Dad's computer is ancient so I don't have much patience. I will post more when I get home.

Hello to everyone and I will catch up on what you all have been up to when I get home.

Jackie
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 08:36 AM   #11  
LBH

HI All,

Jackie, that's WONDERFUL news!! I'll continue to pray!

Karen, Glad you got your new furniture!

Rabbit, glad they got the ulcers sewn up. I'll continue to pray for him.

How's everyone else? RR, thinking of you! Please update us when you can!
Old 05-06-2004, 09:08 AM   #12  

Good morning everyone,

Jack: I am *SO* happy for you and your mom. That is such awesome news. I hope she continues to improve rapidly.

It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day here today. We are going to have to try to get outside. I've got some errands and lunch with the Mom's so I don't know if we'll get out this afternoon.

I hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 05-06-2004, 09:57 AM   #13  
Working on Weight loss!!!

I have been really down and nervous and not in the mood for computer....I am doing fine,,, no cramping or bleeding or any symptoms of anything except for nausea, dry heaves, tiredness etc etc..
Just got back from my sonogram repeat ..and there is a little baby bean with a very strong heartbeat perfectly in the little sack..OMG.......DH and I almost fainted...My due date is Dec 29th but I am still not breathing or relaxing yet..I have another sonogram on the 18th..I am soo confused but happy...WE were nervous about becomming pg, then upset when it was "gone" and now cautiously happy...I had even ordered phentermine last night on the computer to lose weight and forget this whole ordeal. after I was to have the D&C .I am rambling cuz I am soo confused...Keep prayers comming this way cuz I need it!!!!THe corpus luteal cyst is still there at about 3 inches whatever that means...
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 12:27 PM   #14  
LBH

VICKI!!!! I just knew everything would be OK!! I have been and will continue to PRAY LIKE CRAZY for you and that little bean of yours!!!
Old 05-06-2004, 05:11 PM   #15  

hello! Great weigh in today! I lost 2.6!! I'm thrilled.

Karen - congrats on the new furniture. ~ Yes, I am excited about ds coming home. He will be here about 10 days, I guess, then off to work in Chicago for the summer.

Jackie! So happy to hear your mom is doing better.

RR! So happy to hear things are good with you and the little one.

Rabbit
**12.7 down for memorial goal